alarm`s and camera`s

kevin222

Featured Posts

I'll bet you can't justify that comment.

So do you suspect the opposite - that demonstrating a poor command of written English does inspire confidence? If so, I would be interesting to hear why.

Or perhaps your cryptic point is that it has no bearing, in which case perhaps you could enlighten us as to what criteria you would use to select a technician to do some work for you, based only on their written word (which is all we have available in this case)?

I wouldn't say the written word has to be grammatically perfect in these cases, but the OP's style has "can't be bothered" written all over it.

Yep,possibly true Nicknorman,

But some of the most confident people I know in 'person' are completely crap at Reading, Writing Spelling and Grammar myself included

. And I find Forums difficult (my problem,no one else's). But I try, and hope I'm getting better.

In fact if you compare the crap I use to say when I joined in Sep, to the crapI say now, I feel that the quality of crap is much better composted.

Maybe this is a similar sort of thing, don't know, just saying.

Surely if he/she does computers, they know just about any forum has some form of etiquette?

Not knowing boats run 12 or 24v volt dc is kind of strange because if they are experienced in trucks that can also run 12 and 24 volts is kind of strange?

All the above is taken form his/her posts and not made up or conjectureicecream.gif

I feel that the quality of crap is much better composted.

So, let me get this straight, you have now taken up horticulture?

Anyway, certainly perfect English and competence don't necessarily go hand in hand, but that is not the point. The point is that when there is nothing else to go on, the written style (and content) is all there is to go on. Such poor English - no capitalisation, only one comma and no full stops in the entire OP, in other words no sentence structure, misuse of apostrophes to indicate a plural in the title and OP, and subsequently misusing "no" instead of "know" just looks really sloppy and one can't help wondering of the workmanship is similarly poor. Illogical perhaps, but that is human nature.

In your case, your writing is nothing like as bad, but the main point is that you are coming on here to participate, not to try and sell something. If you were doing the latter, I would hope you would try harder, get someone else to proof-read etc.

Yep,all fair points.

After all if you was looking at an Advert,Poster or Business Card it does portray You or your Company.Absolutely.

So yes you want it right to portray Competence, Value ect ect100% agree

(And I was referring to my signature, and the twaddle I say in my posts)

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Surely if he/she does computers, they know just about any forum has some form of etiquette?

Not knowing boats run 12 or 24v volt dc is kind of strange because if they are experienced in trucks that can also run 12 and 24 volts is kind of strange?

All the above is taken form his/her posts and not made up or conjectureicecream.gif

we do understand that small boats run on 12 or 24 volts you did not read it

boats we have owned in the past have been humber barges and run them on 240

we have only had one boat that was run on 24 volt and it struggled

and to say we have bad grammer and all the rest.does not mean we are slack assed when we work

not all of us were born so perfect to be good at everything

and to say we have bad grammer and all the rest.does not mean we are slack assed when we work

Why did it struggle?

Hi ya again KevNa!

Glad you came along,just rememberd that you are an Engineer as well !. Well done you.I hope with your combined knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical matters,it proves useful to both you and others.

I wonder if you can help me out on a problem I've come up against on my boat,

I've got a 12v supply from My Domestic Deep Cycle Caravan Leasure battery with a total Capacity of 110a hr, that also feeds my 6 x 20w cabin lights,Water pump, 12v fridge and all the usual stuff you would expect.

Now, My question, What size Cable would I need to install,to connect my Inverter to the same Battery in order to also run my 230v 800 w OUTPUT Microwave through my Stirling 800w peak power inverter ?. Would the standerd Flat Twin and Earth solid core cable used in houses for the connection of Electric Hobs be ok for instance ?. As I have got some of that old gray stuff lying about,so could use it up.

Hope you can help, (ime hungry) it will be good to get YOUR input,to point me in the right direction for my DIY installation, thanks.

and to say we have bad grammer and all the rest.does not mean we are slack assed when we work not all of us were born so perfect to be good at everything

No, it does not necessarily mean that, but it certainly suggests it, when there is nothing else to go on. The fact that you persist with it suggests you are doing it "on principle", which bodes very badly for your attitude to any customers.

Having read every post on this thread due to an interest in having some form of camera fitted, linked to TV to view any wildlife--I am not a television fan. I have concluded based on the facts as I see them that the appropriate qualified person to install this would be someone whose expertise embraced both fields--computer and camera fitting. The OP seemingly lacks skills on the computer aspect so not for me. His command of written English I also find off putting, I am no expert but if I buy a service I am influenced by how it's presented.

The thread has been useful since its provided me with the knowledge to make an informed choice. Thanks to all.

Luctor thinks everyone is a troll. I don't think he actually knows what a troll is...

Not everyone..

Although you do make a good point. We need a new term for the particular time wasters we occasionally attract, but who perhaps are not trolls as defined currently.

So did you plug the 24v boat into the 240v mains and did it improve the struggling bitclapping.gif

Im pretty sure I did read it, hence the reason for my previous reply!

Hi ya again KevNa!

Glad you came along,just rememberd that you are an Engineer as well !. Well done you.I hope with your combined knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical matters,it proves useful to both you and others.

I've got a 12v supply from My Domestic Deep Cycle Caravan Leasure battery with a total Capacity of 110a hr, that also feeds my 6 x 20w cabin lights,Water pump, 12v fridge and all the usual stuff you would expect.

Now, My question, What size Cable would I need to install,to connect my Inverter to the same Battery in order to also run my 230v 800 w OUTPUT Microwave through my Stirling 800w peak power inverter ?.

Hope you can help, (ime hungry) it will be good to get YOUR input,to point me in the right direction for my DIY installation, thanks.

I think you may go hungry for quite a while...........

"We do understand that small boats, can have 12 or 24vdc systems.

Boats that we have owned in the past have been Humber barges, they had 240vac electrical systems.

One boat had a 24vdc system rather than 240vac, which did struggle at times."

Kevin222

What most on here are trying to say, your words are your advertisment for your services.

I can understand that you and Naomie have got the "hump" over some comments on here, but as a self-employed person, you must give all customers, current and prospective, confidence in your abilities.

There is nothing wrong in you having your own business E-mail address, that Naomie runs in your name.

Invest in a dictionary, and use it. I had to with two words in this message.

Good luck.

Bod

edited for proof reading

Edited by Bod
  • Greenie 1

Hi ya again KevNa!

Now, My question, What size Cable would I need to install,to connect my Inverter to the same Battery in order to also run my 230v 800 w OUTPUT Microwave through my Stirling 800w peak power inverter ?. Would the standerd Flat Twin and Earth solid core cable used in houses for the connection of Electric Hobs be ok for instance ?. As I have got some of that old gray stuff lying about,so could use it up.

Hey, hi ya KevNa,

Hi ya again KevNa!

know not for that

with it being marine,

it needs to be artic blue cable

know not for that

with it being marine,

it needs to be artic blue cable

cable ive used in the past

artic grade 300/500v

to a bs standard 7915 or above

Edited by kevin222