Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

The NAA standard agreement says payments three-monthly in advance. So the next installment is due on 15th July 2014.

I thought it said somewhere that payment was to be 12 months in advance (from memory of a recent post might even have been by RR).

My first prediction is that the next story we hear about is a another marina using the same scenario, goose and gander and all that.

As CRT's terms are payment quarterly in advance it's entirely in their hands to make sure it doesn't happen by making everyone stick to the rules.

As for another marina doing the same, unlikely if CRT enforce advance payments and anyway they would have to structured the companies in the same way as Pillings. A front company with no assets a holding company beyond the reach of the creditors and a rich backer, otherwise receivership would strip them of the assets, as someone remarked earlier in this thread the way Pillings was structured was very lucky from their point of view as they've come out of it creditor free and with all the assets still in place.

K

I thought it said somewhere that payment was to be 12 months in advance (from memory of a recent post might even have been by RR).

I think the agreement was that they had to pay one year up front but then continue with quarterly payments.

Somehow along the line i thought it odd that Lynneaboutloughborough was so responsive to a post soon as the link was mentioned on this thread yesterday and continues to do so.

The content of her blog/articule elsewhere ,pictures and all appear to run along the lines of what has been discussed on here originally..Bridle

path .sewage farm and so on.

I was starting to get paranoid that Lynne was another PL/RR/CSH clone,but Peter X seems convinced that Lynne is kosher.

Likewise the suspicions of Pillingsmoorer being PL or near enough by many on here ,twigged my thoughts that he/she is in fact scamming us.

Holiday home (?) overseas,flat in London..Wonder if he has a house or two in Mountsorrel ,Range Rover,BMW soft top vehicles.

Then i remembered that a member of the PLMLF informed me that Pillingsmoorer is a mature guy with white hair,small dog and moors on J block..

Help i am getting paranoid..lol!

Somehow along the line i thought it odd that Lynneaboutloughborough was so responsive to a post soon as the link was mentioned on this thread yesterday and continues to do so.

The content of her blog/articule elsewhere ,pictures and all appear to run along the lines of what has been discussed on here originally..Bridle

path .sewage farm and so on.

I was starting to get paranoid that Lynne was another PL/RR/CSH clone,but Peter X seems convinced that Lynne is kosher.

Likewise the suspicions of Pillingsmoorer being PL or near enough by many on here ,twigged my thoughts that he/she is in fact scamming us.

Holiday home (?) overseas,flat in London..Wonder if he has a house or two in Mountsorrel ,Range Rover,BMW soft top vehicles.

Then i remembered that a member of the PLMLF informed me that Pillingsmoorer is a mature guy with white hair,small dog and moors on J block..

Help i am getting paranoid..lol!

Dangerous Dave, The reason I jumped into your discussion quickly was because hits on my blogpost had suddenly rocketed and there was a link to this forum, and although I didn't know what it was I clicked and found someone had mentioned my **innocent** post about Pillings. If you read through the rest of the blog I think you'll be convinced that I have **nothing whatsoever** to do with Pillings, local newspapers, accountants, nor even with boat owners! If you must know, I'm a librarian and I came to live in Loughborough 35 years ago, and love the place, and was very distressed to learn that someone somewhere thought Loughborough was a "c**p" town: If you read my very first post you'll see the rationale for starting the blog. Lynne. PS I think I'm paranoid that someone is out to discredit me!!

PS I think I'm paranoid that someone is out to discredit me!!

Sorry Lynne, it's my faultsad.png Someone here posted that "this thread needs lightening up" and by coincidence I'd just finished reading your blog (I like your writing style) so I posted the link.

I assumed anyone who looked at it would see it's a long standing and well written blog and that it just happened that by a million to one chance you'd visited Pillings and painted a picture based on an unbiased, outsiders view of the place and some how have turned in to the Pilling's Mole, a modern day Mata Hari out to seduce us all in the marina with your honeyed description of the place. Actually I felt doubly guilty when I read you're a librarian.

Very sorry

Kev

As CRT's terms are payment quarterly in advance it's entirely in their hands to make sure it doesn't happen by making everyone stick to the rules.

As for another marina doing the same, unlikely if CRT enforce advance payments and anyway they would have to structured the companies in the same way as Pillings. A front company with no assets a holding company beyond the reach of the creditors and a rich backer, otherwise receivership would strip them of the assets, as someone remarked earlier in this thread the way Pillings was structured was very lucky from their point of view as they've come out of it creditor free and with all the assets still in place.

K

Nothing lucky about it! It was carefully set up that way.

Bob

• Greenie 1

Nothing lucky about it! It was carefully set up that way.

Bob

Quite so. And I reckon the second chapter has been equally carefully planned and it's quite easy to guess the outline plan.

I predict the assurances/securities obtained by CRT turn out to be worth nothing in another five years when they finally get around to accepting they've been stiffed a second time. A personal bankruptcy will be involved.

MtB

K

Nothing stopping a company "re-structuring".

According to the content of the CRT email, CRT appears to have got everything they wanted from PLT

[quote}

1. Satisfied the Trust that they have the required freehold title.

2. Confirmed that they will enter into a standard NAA, to commence as soon as completion can be achieved, at the standard rate of 9% of gross moorings income that applies to all new marinas, but with a reduced capacity of 275 berths. 40 berths will be put fully out of use.

3. Confirmed they will provide the Trust with the financial security it requires in order to give the Trust full protection against any future risk of default on payments made to the Trust under the terms of the agreement.

[unquote]

So despite PL earlier claims that PLM couldn't/wouldn't remove moorings, he has now agreed. I assume he took a pragmatic approach and realized his chances of now filling these vacant moorings with new customers are highly unlikely. QMP/PLT has also agreed to all CRT's financial security demands and will pay the NAA in advance (as they should have in the first place). We can only wonder what the CRT "financial security" requirements were, but might assume any future failure to pay on the part of PLT will have serious adverse consequences. No doubt CRT will be watching PLT NAA payment schedule very closely.

Sorry Lynne, it's my faultsad.png Someone here posted that "this thread needs lightening up" and by coincidence I'd just finished reading your blog (I like your writing style) so I posted the link.

I assumed anyone who looked at it would see it's a long standing and well written blog and that it just happened that by a million to one chance you'd visited Pillings and painted a picture based on an unbiased, outsiders view of the place and some how have turned in to the Pilling's Mole, a modern day Mata Hari out to seduce us all in the marina with your honeyed description of the place. Actually I felt doubly guilty when I read you're a librarian.

Very sorry

Kev

Hi Kevinl! You have nothing to be sorry about! I hadn't read the post that suggested the thread needed lightening up, but that does serve to explain how I managed to appear in this forum!

Oh, and thank-you so much for your positive comments about the blog - for liking my writing style, suggesting it's a long-standing blog (well, I suppose as I've been going for 8 months and have posted weekly at 8pm on a Sunday without fail, makes it relatively long-standing) and well written, is just music to me ears. TBH to be thought of as a Pilling's mole is both annoying and amusing at the same time! Not sure that I've actually seduced any of the forum members, but I certainly feel like I've been judged by the firing squad.

Now, I would be really interested to know why you feel doubly guilty because I'm a librarian?? Whatever reputation do we have?? Ahhhh, hang on, I think I've spotted a post a bit further down that needs to be investigated ...

Lynne

PS If this forum ever needs lightening up again, do call by my blog and I'll see what I can do!

Quite so. And I reckon the second chapter has been equally carefully planned and it's quite easy to guess the outline plan.

I predict the assurances/securities obtained by CRT turn out to be worth nothing in another five years when they finally get around to accepting they've been stiffed a second time. A personal bankruptcy will be involved.

MtB

You seem to be of the opinion that CRT have learnt nothing in the last few months. I doubt this is true.

Dear Boat Licence Customer

I am writing to advise you that the Trust has today completed an agreement with the new owners of Pillings Lock Marina that authorises the connection of the marina to the navigation.

It is a standard Network Access Agreement (with the full fee payable from day one), at a reduced mooring capacity, and the owners have also provided an appropriate financial security package to protect the Trust in the future.

I am pleased that we have been able to reach agreement with the new owners on our standard terms, so that further inconvenience and disruption for you and your fellow moorers - as well as the businesses at the marina - has been avoided. It has also avoided the Trust having to incur further cost.

Kind regards

Phil Spencer

Head of Business Boating

Dear Berth Holders,

I am pleased to inform you that the new Network Access Agreement is now in place and full payment has been made. Connection to the canal will remain open and available for use, the threat of a blockade is no more.
Can I once again thank you for your patience whilst we have been dealing with this, I fully understand how difficult it has been for many of you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch.

Regards,

Roy Rollings

Director
Pilling`s Lock Trading Ltd

Full payment has been made- please confirm you have paid the 180k you owe?

I am writing to advise you that the Trust has today completed an agreement with the new owners of Pillings Lock Marina that authorises the connection of the marina to the navigation.

It is a standard Network Access Agreement (with the full fee payable from day one), at a reduced mooring capacity, and the owners have also provided an appropriate financial security package to protect the Trust in the future.

I am pleased that we have been able to reach agreement with the new owners on our standard terms, so that further inconvenience and disruption for you and your fellow moorers - as well as the businesses at the marina - has been avoided. It has also avoided the Trust having to incur further cost.

Kind regards

Phil Spencer

Head of Business Boating

Given the dubious history of this affair, can someone confirm that this is a true message from Phil Spencer?

Kind regards

Phil Spencer

Head of Business Boating

New owners???

Kind regards

Phil Spencer

Head of Business Boating

Mr Rollings- A genuine & friendly piece of advice. It may be considered wise to not have Mr Lillie anywhere near the beautiful Marina, that is Pillings, whatever his overall involvement might be.

Unfortunately, he is proven not to competent in the Customer service aspect of running a successful Business. As a reminder, page 3 of this thread just about sums him up from the perspective I highlight.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you are able to run the Business more successfully than before & introduce a decent ethic & offer some consultation with the moorers & some innovative ideas. Good luck, seize the opportunity & learn from what has been a torrid few months for many. Best wishes for the furture.

• Greenie 1