Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

I think it sounds like a lovely place, well Lynne makes it sound like a nice day out.

http://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/afternoon-at-pillings-lock.html

From the Leicester Mercury re the name of Flesh Hovel Lane

The grisly name comes from the Quorn Hunt.

“This is where the knackers yard was,” said Colin Crosby. “When the horses were past their sell-by-date, they’d slaughter them here in the sheds.” And there the meat would hang, ready to feed to the hounds.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/streets-weird-names/story-12054816-detail/story.html#ixzz2ync5ohLd

There may be no official residential moorings, but the local authority is paying housing benefits(mooring fees and annual licences - probably BSS test cert fees as well) to at least 6 residents. I wonder why the council tax hounds havn't picked up on this yet.

Is it anyone's business on here what the state-of-play is regarding PP for residential moorings? I'm sure there are many marinas that take a 'flexible' approach to liveaboards. Some people seem to be taking things a little personally. There is only one person to blame for all this, and posts sniping at the moorers and their circumstances aren't nice to see.

• Greenie 2

Taking Pillingsmoorer's grammar at face value, I deduce that he wasn't at the marina when he wrote his post in the middle of a nice Sunday afternoon. It's not unreasonable to suppose that he'd taken his boat out for a nice potter up and down the canal, as any normal marina leisure boater might. Better get back in by Tuesday night in case RR fails to make the CRT payment.

So regardless of what NBW says its not a done deal yet?

So regardless of what NBW says its not a done deal yet?

Yes it is - so far everything that Paul Lillies and his sycophants said would happen, has happened.

C&RT have no option but to 'right off' the £180,000 as QMP declares bankruptcy - correct !

A new company would be formed - correct !

The new company would have the freehold of the site - correct !

A new NAA will be issued to the new company - correct !

The marina would not be blockaded - correct !

Everything will carry on as before - correct !

All of his prophecies have come to fruition "Golden Balls"

Yes it is - so far everything that Paul Lillies and his sycophants said would happen, has happened.

C&RT have no option but to 'right off' the £180,000 as QMP declares bankruptcy - correct !

A new company would be formed - correct !

The new company would have the freehold of the site - correct !

A new NAA will be issued to the new company - correct !

The marina would not be blockaded - correct !

Everything will carry on as before - correct !

All of his prophecies have come to fruition "Golden Balls"

Has the NAA been signed and paid for yet?

I can't for one minute imagine they wouldn't pay it at this stage now, by whatever means they have to. It would be foolhardy in the extreme not to do so.

A moorer told us, a couple of weeks ago, that she had been invoiced (twice) for her annual fees, not due till July. She had also been asked if she had received the invoice, by one of the managers...I forget which now...and encouraged to pay it now. So perhaps a quick whip round to top up the coffers?

Edited by Ally

I can't for one minute imagine they wouldn't pay it at this stage now, by whatever means they have to. It would be foolhardy in the extreme not to do so.

A moorer told us, a couple of weeks ago, that she had been invoiced (twice) for her annual fees, not due till July. She had also been asked if she had received the invoice, by one of the managers...I forget which now...and encouraged to pay it now. So perhaps a quick whip round to top up the coffers?

That sounds like an unusual business practice!

Is it anyone's business on here what the state-of-play is regarding PP for residential moorings? I'm sure there are many marinas that take a 'flexible' approach to liveaboards. Some people seem to be taking things a little personally. There is only one person to blame for all this, and posts sniping at the moorers and their circumstances aren't nice to see.

if I need to go into my residential status I will. I do live at pillings marina part of the year. I also live in my apartment in London part of the year. I do pay council tax at my apartment in London. I also spend aprox 4 months of the year at my house in Portugal. Oh and on another point as I have said on numerous occasions I do not know Paul or his husband only seeing either of them briefly at the marina. Anything else you need to know please feel free to ask.

I have replied to this post but by no means are my comments aimed at the poster.

Edited by Pillingsmoorer

this topic needs a little light diversion, the tit for tat carping has started again.

Lucy Rose was born 13/4/14 at 14:20, weighing a healthy 8lb 15oz. Mum and baby doing fine. The delivery team were ace, all the midwives and HCAs have been lovely. Mum and baby expected home tuesday tea time at the earliest.

She was at first footling breech but had decided to become an unstable transverse lie presenting foot first, decision was made to have an elective c section.

Upshot of all this is im now a dad and I hope to god she returns the love and support she will get upon becoming an adult. I am just starting my journey in parenthood, but I have never forgoten the effort and love my parents put into bringing me into this world and raising me. What a shame its a character trait PL appears not to have, nor will ever be able to learn by the looks of things.

Thanks for the kind wishes from several of the contributors to this thread.

All the best.

Gaz.

Edited by gazza
  • Greenie 1

this topic needs a little light diversion, the tit for tat carping has started again.

Lucy Rose was born 13/4/14 at 14:20, weighing a healthy 8lb 15oz. Mum and baby doing fine. The delivery team were ace, all the midwives and HCAs have been lovely. Mum and baby expected home tuesday tea time at the earliest.

She was at first footling breech but had decided to become an unstable transverse lie presenting foot first, decision was made to have an elective c section.

Upshot of all this is im now a dad and I hope to god she returns the love and support she will get upon becoming an adult. I am just starting my journey in parenthood, but I have never forgoten the effort and love my parents put into bringing me into this world and raising me. What a shame its a character trait PL appears not to have, nor will ever be able to learn by the looks of things.

All the best.

Gaz.

Congratulations! You have just started what can be the most wonderful and most incredible journey of your life. Treasure every minute of it! They grow up in the blink of an eye.

All the best.

Gaz.

Congratulations to you both as you begin your journey together. May you bring her up strong and as said, make the most of these years - they grow up so fast

As for Pillingsmoorer - go you with your flats in the UK London and Portugal - leisure mooring in Pillings - enjoy your cruising when you're in the UK

Edited by StarUKKiwi

I think it sounds like a lovely place, well Lynne makes it sound like a nice day out.

http://lynneaboutloughborough.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/afternoon-at-pillings-lock.html

Dear Kevinl, Glad you got the impression from my blog that the surroundings at Pillings are nice: Disputes aside it is a lovely peaceful place. Lynne

She does indeed. Very keen on her wildlife spotting, is Lynne.

" I also saw a stoat, or it may have been a weasel!"

Ah, the power of selective quotation. Dear Peter X, Unfortunately, my long distance vision is not what it used to be, so a small animal scurrying across a field at a rather rapid pace was somewhat unidentifiable to me. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything, and my blog is simply aimed at showcasing some of the interesting parts of Loughborough that may have escaped people's attention.Thus, the coverage is broad and basic. I should also point out that I am not connected in any way to either Pillings, C&RT, or any other organisation. Lynne

Ah, the power of selective quotation.

Dear Peter X, Unfortunately, my long distance vision is not what it used to be, so a small animal scurrying across a field at a rather rapid pace was somewhat unidentifiable to me. I have never claimed to be an expert on anything, and my blog is simply aimed at showcasing some of the interesting parts of Loughborough that may have escaped people's attention.Thus, the coverage is broad and basic. I should also point out that I am not connected in any way to either Pillings, C&RT, or any other organisation. Lynne

I think that Peter X's remark was not to do with your vision Lynne, rather it was to do with seeing a weasel (as in PL) scurrying around clapping.gif

Good for you Gazza; well done, and best of luck in the future.

Yeah, congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood!

Be warned, though: "Your son is your son until he gets him a wife, your daughter's your daughter for the rest of your life!"

But they are so worth it :)

I think that Peter X's remark was not to do with your vision Lynne, rather it was to do with seeing a weasel (as in PL) scurrying around clapping.gif

Thanks Phantasm! It's not always easy to correctly interpret intended meaning on forums such as this. The only knowledge I have of the owners of Pillings is the few messages I've read on this page: There are 274 pages associated with this thread, so I didn't have time (nor the will, tbh) to read much further back, so I'm not really aware of all the issues people are experiencing. Lynne

Thanks Phantasm! It's not always easy to correctly interpret intended meaning on forums such as this. The only knowledge I have of the owners of Pillings is the few messages I've read on this page: There are 274 pages associated with this thread, so I didn't have time (nor the will, tbh) to read much further back, so I'm not really aware of all the issues people are experiencing. Lynne

It is worth reading post 55 on page 3. It will give you much more of an insight into the entire thread.....

Taking Pillingsmoorer's grammar at face value, I deduce that he wasn't at the marina when he wrote his post in the middle of a nice Sunday afternoon. It's not unreasonable to suppose that he'd taken his boat out for a nice potter up and down the canal, as any normal marina leisure boater might. Better get back in by Tuesday night in case RR fails to make the CRT payment.

Pillingsmoorer likes the marina so much he wants to live there. Pillings Lock doesn't have any official residential moorings I think (?) but he wishes it did. He'll no doubt be trying to persuade the relevant company (PLT the freeholder or PLM the leaseholder?) to apply for planning permission.

As to the prediction game, 4) is quite possible. But it wouldn't directly be PL failing to pay CRT, because RR is the sole director of PLT which will have the NAA (if RR does indeed pay on Tuesday).

I have another prediction which I've stated before:

5) Sooner or later Mr Steadman will surely see sense and elbow PL out of PLM. He has the means, the voting power of his shares, and the motive, that a better manager would make the company more profitable. It wouldn't deeply surprise me if RR gets the job as a part-timer in between his studies, he'll be cheaper and at least young Roy doesn't seem to have such a habit of upsetting people. He couldn't be worse than PL, could he?

Pillingsmoorer likes the marina so much he wants to live there. Pillings Lock doesn't have any official residential moorings I think (?) but he wishes it did. He'll no doubt be trying to persuade the relevant company (PLT the freeholder or PLM the leaseholder?) to apply for planning permission.

As to the prediction game, 4) is quite possible. But it wouldn't directly be PL failing to pay CRT, because RR is the sole director of PLT which will have the NAA (if RR does indeed pay on Tuesday).

I have another prediction which I've stated before:

5) Sooner or later Mr Steadman will surely see sense and elbow PL out of PLM. He has the means, the voting power of his shares, and the motive, that a better manager would make the company more profitable. It wouldn't deeply surprise me if RR gets the job as a part-timer in between his studies, he'll be cheaper and at least young Roy doesn't seem to have such a habit of upsetting people. He couldn't be worse than PL, could he?

So Paul Lillie is a shape shifter now...Either a Stoat or weasel!!

Known also as a shark around the holiday home perhaps