Dispute at Pillings

andy the hammer

Featured Posts

Moderators can I suggest that you start a new thread with the important facts and issues from this one in it and then lock this one. It will then make it much easier for members to understand what is happening at Pillings Lock without having to read through over 500 posts.

I think we all sympathise with boaters who moor at Pillings and the position that they find themselves, but few of us fully understand the legal implications of the dispute between CaRT and Pillings Lock Marina and associated companies. Nor are any of us in possesion of all the facts.

Jesus bloody Christ I make a comment on a short series of comments in a long running multi page thread and the Mafia move in for the kill...

Two people saying they are concerned about you is not 'moving in for the kill'

Richard

MORE: three people now

Moderators can I suggest that you start a new thread with the important facts and issues from this one in it and then lock this one. It will then make it much easier for members to understand what is happening at Pillings Lock without having to read through over 500 posts.

I think we all sympathise with boaters who moor at Pillings and the position that they find themselves, but few of us fully understand the legal implications of the dispute between CaRT and Pillings Lock Marina and associated companies. Nor are any of us in possesion of all the facts.

That's a lot of work, Richard. You could do it for them if you can work out which bits are important

Richard

We're on about the death of a boat yard

The poor boaters the poor staff that work there

No we aren't.

We are on about a company that hasn't paid its bills. That company will fail and another will appear. Unfortunately the same idiot may be in charge

No we aren't.

We are on about a company that hasn't paid its bills. That company will fail and another will appear. Unfortunately the same idiot may be in charge

Exactly, I am sure that as the freehold is owned by a separate company they will appoint another operating company which in turn will seek to sign another agreement. You have to assume that CRT will seek to stick to their standard access agreement and as the marina is upand running there is no need for the to introduce the charges over a couple of years as for a brand new marina.

So the new marina operator controlled by the same shareholders will have the same fees to pay so presumeably will have the same problems of paying them and CRT will have lost £180k and may yet lose again.. I doubt they can recover the £180k but they can seek some guarantees regarding future payments and I hope that they have the commercial nous to do this.

• Greenie 1

Who ever takes over PL CRT will want payment

Up front, they won't get burnt again

Who was the narrator in that promotional film? Surely this was not Mr. Lillie, who wrote the very rude letter quoted earlier in this thread? The narrator seemed mild-mannered and reasonable.

Harold Shipman was a Nice man to :(

And where will the new 'phoenix' company get the money from to pay the C@RT charges. Will it be given an injection of capital from its directors when it is set up?.....or will the boaters have to pay it for something they have already paid the old company for.

Let me guess !!!