Largest Loo ?

geoffwales

Featured Posts

Hi, does anyone know what is the largest capacity portaloo as the current one I have has a 21ltr capacity so looking for bigger

Would not getting a few spare cassettes solve the problem? We have three and this works for us. Would not anything bigger be a tad unwieldy?

I have one of over 100lts which as others have said, does get a bit unwieldly!

my solution is to run a stout hose from the cassette to a skin fitting on the gunwhale. I then get others to empty my cassette with a pump, for a small consideration.

And then what do you do with the effluent, pray?

What do you do with it once it's in a container?

Surely you might as well have a cassette loo?!

I do the same as if it was a cassette. Take it to a sanitary disposal. Or a public bog. If you bother to use enough blue, it's all liquid after a few weeks and isn't smelly and disgusting.

The best part is not having to do it every 3 days!

As for 'might as well have a cassette', that only applies if you're at the construction phase, dunnit?

Additionally, it's easy enough to watch the weather forecast. If it looks like freezing, get your bog emptied and then we have about a month before it needs any attention.

Simples. Has worked for nearly 4 years and we can almost forget about the toilet argument. I only pursue the argument because my setup is so good that I like to suggest it. Like it was suggested to me, following which, I rushed out and bought a pump for 60 quid. Paid for itself in its first 6 months or so, not having ever to pay for a pumpout again.

Edited by Loafer

How are you going to empty your pump out when the canal freezes?

Oh Dear- not heard that one before.fatigue.gif

Seriously how often does the canal freeze and for how long- Its perfectly feasible to know how often your tank needs emptying and to manage it- some tanks are emptied every couple of months or longer- much easier than traipsing to an elsan every couple of days. When was the last time the canals froze solid for a month?

Personally I have no preference between pump out and elsan but find it a repetetive over discussed subject

Seriously how often does the canal freeze and for how long- Its perfectly feasible to know how often your tank needs emptying and to manage it- some tanks are emptied every couple of months or longer- much easier than traipsing to an elsan every couple of days. When was the last time the canals froze solid for a month?

Personally I have no preference between pump out and elsan but find it a repetetive over discussed subject

I quite agree, it is over-discussed. In this case though, I thought I was making a useful suggestion. I don't know many who do what I do, but I do know a few who've found it to be a good idea following me showing them!

Yer takes yer choice.

Hook line and sinker!

Pump out. Then get your own pump, plus a couple of 25 litre containers.

Now you got pump out capacity, plus cassette convenience (sic) when required.

I won't accept any arguments against that being THE BEST.

END.

Not END. If you won't accept any arguments then why bother posting on a "discussion" forum?

If it's THE BEST for you then carry on by all means, but I used to have a pump out and a pump on my last boat and personally I would NEVER go back to that HORRIBLE business! It's really not the same as cassette convenience at all.

But it's horses for courses, what's BEST for you and me are two DIFFERENT things and having had both systems I think I'm in a good position to know what's BEST for me.

DISCUSS!

Edited by blackrose

Ok i see we veered off a bit on my original, whats the largest cassette toilet !

Whilst I have not gone searching, I'd be rather surprised if it is a lot bigger than the 21 litres you say you already found.

The reason, I would suggest is that once they hold much more than that, they get bigger than most people would want to extract, carry and empty.

Much larger ones might be of interest to bodybuilders and weightlifters, but there is probably not a large enough potential market to justify Thetford or Dometic producing them.