Canal walks with Julia Bradbury on "Yesterday channel" now.

carlt

Featured Posts

Perhaps her Anglo-Greek parentage enhances her appeal.

Damn' sight better looking than that freaky Joni Mitchell (see current "Folkies" thread) at any rate.

Bradbury? Really? I don't fancy yours much. laugh.png

At least Joni Mitchell was musically gifted.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

I find the woman too irritating to watch but some may find it interesting.

Claimed to be on the K&A this episode but I saw some vacant moorings so I expect journalistic licence has been used.

Watching it now and finding it very interesting.

I like the programme.

I like her too

And her bum

I have seen it before and still marvel at her stupidity! Having just commented on how one worker died falling off she proceeds to hang over the edge, one slip of the foot of the gunnel and it'll be a different matter, amazing how with H&S today she got a way with it!!!

She is brave though I hate heights so going over there (done quite a few times) is not a pleasant experience , though the views are pretty special.

Watching it now and finding it very interesting.

I like the programme.

I like her too

And her bum

haven't i always said Bazza is a man of fine tastes!

She's got no fear of heights - watch this one now on - the blokes face on the boat as it goes over the Dee aquaduct is priceless.

thats Jones the Boat, i know him quite well and he did not know she was planning that, the look on his face is genuine, preggers at the time too

I can't tell you how hard I was squeezing both the side rail and tiller on this hire boat.

IMG_4570_zpsdc86d765.jpg

Went over there three months ago and the cross wind was really howling, noticeably slowing the boat as it rubbed along.

It made me think, would there ever be a wind speed which would make the crossing dangerous (to the bridge) or sufficient to cause CRT to close the bridge.

George ex nb Alton retired

Aye - same here - we crossed it fine but on the way back the wind was horrendous - pushing the boat against the thin edge - I worried about it being cast iron - stuff that can be broken with a swift swing of a sledgehammer!

I have seen it before and still marvel at her stupidity! Having just commented on how one worker died falling off she proceeds to hang over the edge, one slip of the foot of the gunnel and it'll be a different matter, amazing how with H&S today she got a way with it!!!

She is brave though I hate heights so going over there (done quite a few times) is not a pleasant experience , though the views are pretty special.

I was reasonably surprised at quite how blasé she seemed about it, and how little she seemed to be concentrating on hanging on.

Although I don't think normally a passage over the aqueduct presents any great risks, standing on the offside gunwale does seem to be a bit excessive.

That said, I have pictures of me sat in a front well deck of a boat, bum on the gunwale, and on that side, but what she did looks a whole lot scarier to me.

What I find remarkable is that I'm not aware of anyone falling accidentally off a boat when crossing the aqueduct. I seem to recall a dog falling off a few years ago but no people. All the more remarkable when you see the sort of bravado displayed by drunken hire boaters.

I'm irritated by the way she walks! High speed power walking, with her hands almost reaching her belly button, crossing in front of her. She'd have been thrown out of the military, marching like that.

Every woman I see walking towards me like that, I normally take a dive for the hedge!

Mind you, she's better than the mountaineers that you often see walking the towpath, armed with double carbon fibre extendable sticks, techie rucksacks, massive boots and gaiters and barely visible eyes through a tiny slit in their hoods.

On approaching them, I usually point vaguely to the East and say 'Everest is just over there mate'!

They always give me a blank look.

I'm irritated by the way she walks! High speed power walking, with her hands almost reaching her belly button, crossing in front of her. Never noticed that. She does walk with a long stride though. She'd have been thrown out of the military, marching like that. She's not marching though is she? not being in the military. She's just striding out.

How can you tell?

Hah! Greenie for that sir

Thank you!

I watched Julia's K&A programme last night. I must say that I didn't find her manner irritating, condescending or whatever, in fact her voice was sonorous and her presentation professional.

There were some good shots too, even the ones which didn't include her!

Wished had watched this now, instead watched the long haired chap from Top Gear build a motor bike and take it around the TT course. .....17 hours instead of the lap record of just over 17 mins.... :-)