Canal walks with Julia Bradbury on "Yesterday channel" now.

carlt

Featured Posts

I'm irritated by the way she walks! High speed power walking, with her hands almost reaching her belly button, crossing in front of her. She'd have been thrown out of the military, marching like that.

Every woman I see walking towards me like that, I normally take a dive for the hedge!

Mind you, she's better than the mountaineers that you often see walking the towpath, armed with double carbon fibre extendable sticks, techie rucksacks, massive boots and gaiters and barely visible eyes through a tiny slit in their hoods.

On approaching them, I usually point vaguely to the East and say 'Everest is just over there mate'!

They always give me a blank look.

That's a new one on me - viz taking a dislike to someone because of the way they walk! you will fit in nicely here ;)

Edited by mark99

That's a new one on me - viz taking a dislike to someone because of the way they walk! you will fit in nicely here ;)

This all stemmed from my witnessing a couple of local 'fit ladies', out for their power-walk one morning. They were doing exactly the same in-step march, hands swinging, not 'alongside', like blokes do, but appearing in front of their stomach area, both ladies exactly in time with each other. They were both talking at once, with no evidence of either of them doing any listening, and were filling the entire width of the towpath in an unstoppable tide of power femininity. I hid myself and my dog, who had also stopped and looked worried, in a nearby ditch and covered ourselves in brambles and loose undergrowth until they had passed.

After a while, we emerged amongst the swirling detritus left by their passage, and could hear them both transmitting for at least ten more minutes as we continued our slow amble in the opposite direction.

I fear that, if dog and I had remained on the towpath, we would have been trampled.

Can you see where I'm coming from?