nice canal side property

maty

Featured Posts

I've seen it IRL. There's car access just across the bridge.

Whilst you could physically get a vehicle over the bridge; based on what the details say I would think that you do not have the rights to do so, it is basically a footpath. I don't think it is necessarily automatic either that you have right of access to the track that leads to the other 2 properties and the area by the corner of the canal. Securing legal access would I think be very important to any value of this property and being sold without that I think makes it risky to anyone unless it is very cheap, other than the occupiers of the 2 properties opposite who may to want to buy this to prevent development.

Whilst you could physically get a vehicle over the bridge; based on what the details say I would think that you do not have the rights to do so, it is basically a footpath. I don't think it is necessarily automatic either that you have right of access to the track that leads to the other 2 properties and the area by the corner of the canal. Securing legal access would I think be very important to any value of this property and being sold without that I think makes it risky to anyone unless it is very cheap, other than the occupiers of the 2 properties opposite who may to want to buy this to prevent development.

why would boat owners need to get a pesky car there!!

The legal gumph does say that you have access by foot over the bridge and the track that leads to the bridge and vehicular access is implied in order to deliver materials and machinery required to develop the property (though I'd bring them in by boat, personally).

The legal gumph does say that you have access by foot over the bridge and the track that leads to the bridge and vehicular access is implied in order to deliver materials and machinery required to develop the property (though I'd bring them in by boat, personally).

That is at least something then. Is it clear the you would have regular vehicular access to least to the other side of the canal? None of this stops it being workable, but I do believe it will constrain the price, which if you only want access by boat is a good thing, although you will need to do a serious amount of dredging I suspect to find the offside edge.

Is it clear the you would have regular vehicular access to least to the other side of the canal?

No I don't think that is an option.

I'd be inclined to have a chat with the farmer who owns the track to Fishley Lane, and pay a bit for access that way rather than risk antagonising the neighbours opposite.

No I don't think that is an option.

I'd be inclined to have a chat with the farmer who owns the track to Fishley Lane, and pay a bit for access that way rather than risk antagonising the neighbours opposite.

I may be wrong but I think it property sits within Pelsall Common Nature Reserve, so unlikely you would get vehicle access to Fishley Lane across the nature reserve.

Slightly off topic.

There is a derelict building on the South Oxford not sure precisely but in the area of nimrod bridge on a bend. You can also see it from the road. it has access and possible mooring space subject to of course. When we pass we always say there's our house.

Anyone know owt about it?

Martyn.

WAsn't me that bought it. I predicted £20k so a bit optimistic, but in the right ballpark!

Goes to show what b*ll*x the guide price was though doesn't it?

MtB

I used to sell quite a few antiques at auction. The guide price was usually around 50% of the reserve price!