The Bridge Inn, Napton

MtB

Featured Posts

We called into the Bridge today. We were warmly greeted, had an excellent couple of pints of Doom Bar, then an enormous plateful each of delicious ham with eggs and salad and loads of proper chips. The prices were extremely reasonable and I would recommend it 100%.

We called into the Bridge today. We were warmly greeted, had an excellent couple of pints of Doom Bar, then an enormous plateful each of delicious ham with eggs and salad and loads of proper chips. The prices were extremely reasonable and I would recommend it 100%.

Going there in about 10 minutes time.

Just back on the boat from visiting The Bridge.

Very enjoyable, surprised how many cars in the car park and how busy they were, about 30 diners at 7-30pm As Allan said a good pint of beer and good food. I hope we get a chance to visit again before leaving the area.

Interestingly I see we have new member join us today...

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showuser=22099

Good to see that the new landlords seem to be taking an active interest in boaters' opinions. As a canal side pub, we can all make a big difference to their revenues.

Good luck to the newbies. It will be a while until we next cruise past, but we will definitely call in.

P.S. any recent news of the Boat at Birdingbury?

Interestingly I see we have new member join us today...

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showuser=22099

I told them it might help their decision-making if they had a look at the Forum - perhaps they will give us all a bit of history when they get time!

Glad to see they seem to be getting decent reviews already

We all know its been open since March this year but no one appears to visit and post

Is it because those moored on the Braunston pound may have to work locks to get there ?

No it hasn't! They only moved in last week!! Been empty for months - I pass it regularly!

I told them it might help their decision-making if they had a look at the Forum - perhaps they will give us all a bit of history when they get time!

Yes I recommended that to them as well (and 10 minutes later they had joined)

Glad to see they seem to be getting decent reviews already

No it hasn't! They only moved in last week!! Been empty for months - I pass it regularly!

I think canalpubs was answering the question about the Boat at Birdingury

We all know its been open since March this year but no one appears to visit and post

Is it because those moored on the Braunston pound may have to work locks to get there ?

I called in for a swift half some time back just after they re opened. The Bridge keeps a better pint IMO

To clarify I called into The Boat just after it opened when I went down to Calcutt for the BSS examination. I went to the Bridge on Friday night

Edited by ditchcrawler

Good to see that the new landlords seem to be taking an active interest in boaters' opinions. As a canal side pub, we can all make a big difference to their revenues.

Good luck to the newbies. It will be a while until we next cruise past, but we will definitely call in.

P.S. any recent news of the Boat at Birdingbury?

I moored up outside and went to the Boat a couple of weeks ago. It was open, and they had beer (unlike last year). I didn't try the food, and it seemed quiet for a Friday night.

We ate at the Bridge last week, thoroughly enjoyed the food & other half his pint.

My only comment is that it is not very obvious that they are open until you get up close, by which time you have passed. I only knew they were open through seeing it on here. They need a sign further back on the towpath and/or before the bridge on the Napton side to tell people they are open, the other local pubs do.

Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps your chosen name is a clue as to why you had already passed by the time you saw that the pub was open - slow down from your Frantic pace and you'll be able to stop in a shorter distance!

Your positive comment about The Bridge is most encouraging, thank you.

Has anyone got a telephone number for The Bridge so people can both enquire what the pub has to offer and I can advertise for them

Have they got a website yet ?

Doesn't look like it, although there is lots of stuff about previous incarnations on the net, including a Facebook page from 2011

Richard

It's an abbreviation, so I would do.

However, I rarely use an apostrophe before bus these days. Are my standards slipping?

Personally I always use the loo before bus these days as they don't like you to use theirs whilst they're in motion but if you want to use an apostrophe then hey, that's OK.

Personally I always use the loo before bus these days as they don't like you to use theirs whilst they're in motion but if you want to use an apostrophe then hey, that's OK.

You takin' the p..., mate?

Oddly, although 'bus used to be a fairly common spelling, I have never seen an apostrophe used after taxi or taxicab, even though both are abbreviations of "taximeter cabriolet".

Edited by Athy