Scrapping dead batteries?

canals are us?

Featured Posts

Is it worth weighing in my old dead batteries? I have 4 to scrap.

Looking online it would seem so, but has anyone scrapped any recently and what sort of price did you get? Any recommended places to take them around Burton On Trent?

Thanks Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

A lot of people say "yes", and I thought with 3 to get rid of it might be worthwhile.

However I tried to make a number of enquiries, and personally couldn't turn up anything very worthwhile.

Hope you have better luck!

(Old thread here).

Depends on the size, a 110 amp will make between 8 to 10 quid ish

Where, please, Ben?

ohmy.png oh ruddy nora i wish i aint seen this thread. and had clocked it a lot lot earlier....sad.png ..hmm.. tree you sausage ..you have so much to learn !!!

after struggling to get the 3 batteries out of my boat last week and realising that they were no good to ' man nor chicken' , and managing to drag em out of the engine bay... off the boat.. across the wobbly boarding plank ... and up the slope. whilst hot sweaty and covered in mucky diesel and cobwebs... moi..dumped them with great pleasure on the side of the farm track. to await my next trip to the recycling tip..... a couple of days later .. a couple of very polite and chatty chaps, stopped adn asked if i was keeping them ... 'not ruddy likely replied moi' and they Greatfully ( now i flipping know why blush.png ) offered to take them away ...LOL

Still thinking back ... all is not in vain as they asked me about my boat and canal history ectera and its people .. and said 'yer just like us, but yer move around on the water' the youngster asked if he could go on my boat as he had never been on one.. of course replied moi and invited them both on board. After giving them my boats history the older chap said 'look if you need anything like a stove or wood , here is my number' and then asked me if I WANTED owt for the batteries. If i had know that you can money for em .. moi would have bartered a price. Never mind I made a couple of new friends and gave them a lickle insight to our similar way of life :)

Scrapped three two weeks ago for £27.It is a rare thing for me to get ahead in the game. Usually I would have given things away too.Interestingly metal doesn't seem to have much price to it unless you have a tonne or more.

Thought I would update this as I took my batteries today to http://www.rykneldmetalsburtonontrent.co.uk/ and for the 4x 110amp batteries I got £49.50. They weighed 110kg so 45p a kgcheers.gif The other dealer I phoned only quoted 11p a kg. Trying it on I thought.

It was great to see a dealer asking for ID, utility bill etc and got my reg number recorded on the receipt from the cctv camera. Paid by cheque.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

• 2 months later...