3 "The One Plan" Sim only, £15 a month from tomorrow.

carlt

Featured Posts

I'd agree I use it a lot and I've never been throttle

When I managed to wipe 28 Gb of music off my phone (don't use "Cleanmaster" if you have clumsy thumbs) I downloaded it all back without a murmur and with no noticeable drop in speed.

I used 3 to recover it because, despite my Virgin broadband being "unlimited" I do notice a drop in speed when I have been caning it a bit.

I have an Orange contract with 500Mb but it won't tether. I've tried and it didn't work so a spoke to Orange who said that's because they block it from tethering.

My WiFi dongle is 3, and is good value at 15 Gb/month for £16.

I've asked if their basic AYCE contract allows tethering and they told me no, you must have a higher contract, I think it was around £30, but can't remember exactly

....you must have a higher contract, I think it was around £30, but can't remember exactly

That higher contract is "The One Plan" which is why I started the thread.

It is being reduced from £25 to £15 tomorrow so I thought it worth mentioning.

Tethering? Caning? Throttling? Am I on the right forum?

You certainly are, now go and stand in that corner and await your punishment.

That higher contract is "The One Plan" which is why I started the thread.

It is being reduced from £25 to £15 tomorrow so I thought it worth mentioning.

You certainly are, now go and stand in that corner and await your punishment.

It's a bit annoying as I've just come off the one month rolling at £25 to get a new phone for £35 which means the phone is now costing me £480 rather than £240.

I think I might see if I can get it for 15 rather than the 25 I pay now. Is it reduced for a trial.period or for the whole contract period

It's a one month contract.

At the moment I am posting on my laptop but that is connecting to the internet through my mobile phone that is sat on the table in the other room.

The laptop is "tethered" to the phone through it's wifi connection.

It's a one month contract.

The one month contract is £18.

The £15 one is 12 months.

It's a bit annoying as I've just come off the one month rolling at £25 to get a new phone for £35 which means the phone is now costing me £480 rather than £240.

Has your cool-down period run out?

is there anything stopping me from putting one of these sims in a dongle? dont care about losing the calls and txt but its a cheap way for one month away if I can

Yes I had some of this with them about a year ago when they knobbled the £15 all you can eat sim by changing the terms, so it wouldn't work in a 3g router so I had to go for a £15 15gb instead.

I think the principle difference is on the ANP setting. All you can eat in a 3phone is 3broadband, on a data sim its 3internet.

I think this is right but will happily be corrected.

Right...............now could one of you 12 year olds please explain to myself and other adults what the hell " Tethering " means in this context?

Tim

you have a stake, a length of rope, and a goat.

The stake is your normal Internet source(smart phone, dongle,mi-fi etc.

The goat is your laptop or pc.

You tether your goat to the stake by the rope(via usb cable or wifi hotspot produced by smartphone), so your goat can use the stakes internet.

the tomatoes and rabbits help you charge your stake and goat up - separate thread

Can't find this "new" deal onthe Three web site. Looked in Pay Monthly Sims and only found the £20 option which is 12 months and only 2Gb per month with tethering allowed, and the £25 option which is 1 month and all you can eat with tethering allowed.

Also searched for One Plan and same things came up.

Edited by Richard10002

you have a stake, a length of rope, and a goat.

The stake is your normal Internet source(smart phone, dongle,mi-fi etc.

The goat is your laptop or pc.

You tether your goat to the stake by the rope(via usb cable or wifi hotspot produced by smartphone), so your goat can use the stakes internet.

the tomatoes and rabbits help you charge your stake and goat up - separate thread

Hi Matty

Thanks mate, thats as clear as mud huh.png

Tim

I just spoke to three customer services and upgraded my four month old contract from the £25 monthly rolling One Plan to the new £15 12 month One Plan. I might have been able to get the £18 monthly rolling price but I didn't push it as I'll need the contract for at least 12 months so was happy to save the £36.

The old 12 month One Plan didn't have all you can eat data but they've offered me exactly the same deal as I had under the monthly rolling contract (including all you can eat data and unlimited tethering), it's just £10 a month cheaper.

They did a fairly hard sell trying to push me towards other deals, getting a second payg sim etc but the new rate is definitely available.

Edited by Jambo

is there anything stopping me from putting one of these sims in a dongle? dont care about losing the calls and txt but its a cheap way for one month away if I can

apols if already answered but currently struggling with a dire internet connection in rural France.

but Three do have systems to prevent the use of sims intended for use in phones being used in dongles.

once detected they block access unless you use it in a phone as intended.

Hi Matty

Thanks mate, thats as clear as mud huh.png

Tim

Tim 'tethering' is basically using your phones connection to the internet by oother devices such as a laptop.

your phone effectivey l becomes a wi~fi hot spot. Because you can connect more than one device the phone providers often dont allow it on certain contracts n order to prevent misuse.

i think the term tethering' comes from the days when a device had to be hard wired to a phone in order to use its connection to the internet.

Edited by The Dog House

I don't know who you talked to jambo,but I've just spent 15 mins on phone with customer services with them.deniging the new deals existence. So does anybody have a url with the details on I can.direct them to

Regards kris

3 seem to do individual deals depending on your circumstances, for instance they offered me an old discontinued half price deal because their customer services centre in India gave me grief when I decided not to renew my contract. They can be flexible if they think they are going to lose your custom.