3 "The One Plan" Sim only, £15 a month from tomorrow.

carlt

Featured Posts

For those people who believe the is no restriction on the amount of data you can download with Three's AYCE data plans please read about Three's 'Trafficsense' program (http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj%284046%29.

Three monitors data traffic and don't 'block' your data flow. They 'manage' it if demand is too great. IMHO it means means they throttle it! Once your data useage has triggers 'managing' then; in my experience; you're usually 'throttled' for about 28 days before you get normal data speed back. The more people that take up the AYCE data offers then the more congested the network will become. This will result in more 'managing' of the access by Three's Trafficsense software.

Well what you expect? Nothing's 'unlimited' and as more and more people sign up and expect to leave iPlayer (and another devices connected to the wifi) running while they go and make tea there will obviously be a lag while the capacity of the company try and keep up.

I have noticed over-demand on iPlayer and Skype between 6 and 9 in the evening. I don't believe it's so much throttled as just run out. Though I have been throttled on P2P in the afternoon - down to 700 bps which i think shows a sense of humour. But not experienced the 28 day rumour, usually it's better the next morning.

I am unsure whether the 4G will make life easier. In the short term because people's usage won't immediately rocket it will mean the traffic gets out of the way quicker. In the long term, like tat in an empty room, usage will expand to fit what's available.

Three said 'tough titty' in a very well modulated Indian accent to me when I pointed out I'd signed up to £240 more than i needed to by upgrading 11 days too soon.

Edited by Chris Pink

?

I don't understand,

But I,m pointing out they are two different plans. One includes tethering the other does not. Tethering can be bought as an add on to an unlimited plan BUT it is limited even though the overall plan allows unlimited while on the phone only.

I have been on the '3' site and can't locate the one plan at the prices above. I could before but not now. The cheapest i can find is,i think, £24. I also read that there is a limit to this which is 1000mb, which they say is unlimited for 'a' user, or words to that effect. Perhaps that would restrict multi users or a business over using. Like hot spots.

Martyn

Okay,okay, don't rub it in!

As its a link for days past, will it be current or will the link go back to that date?

Don't start befuddling me with yer fancy computer talk.

I type words into the magic box of multiple identities and it displays an answer that I can disagree with.

is there anything stopping me from putting one of these sims in a dongle? dont care about losing the calls and txt but its a cheap way for one month away if I can

I have been happily using a One Plan sim in a dongle for 8 months. We have between 5 & 10 devices tethered to it via a switch, including a TV and can stream iplayer etc without any issues. Not sufre why people think you can't?

Edited by Psycloud

I have been on the '3' site and can't locate the one plan at the prices above. I could before but not now. The cheapest i can find is,i think, £24. I also read that there is a limit to this which is 1000mb, which they say is unlimited for 'a' user, or words to that effect. Perhaps that would restrict multi users or a business over using. Like hot spots.

Martyn

I think the "limit" they talk about is 1000Gb, which is as much as a phone could physically cope with in a month, rather than being an actual limit. I watch TV, stream video, listen to radio, etc., and haven't got above 70Gb in a month so far, (since January), so I think you would have to go some to reach their hypothetical limit. I'm sure us mere mortals who use normal amounts, have nothing to fear from the limit of Threes unlimited offer :)