3 "The One Plan" Sim only, £15 a month from tomorrow.

carlt

Featured Posts

I don't know who you talked to jambo,but I've just spent 15 mins on phone with customer services with them.deniging the new deals existence. So does anybody have a url with the details on I can.direct them to

Regards kris

Sorry Kris I didn't get his name.

I went through the menu to billing enquiries and explaioned that I'd read online about how they were reducing their prices and that I would like to have this applied to my account. I was put through to the sales team and I explained the offer again and asked for an upgrade to the new prices. They tried to sell me an alternative plan with a new phone but I explained that I didn't need a phone.

Immediately after that he said that he could offer me a 'special deal' which was £15 a month for 12 months with the same benefits as my one month rolling One Plan.

I've just checked my account online and I'm listed as having "The One Plan 12 Month SIM Only" so it looks like it's come through and my allowance has all the usual things of unlimited data, silly numbers of minutes and texts etc.

I read that this tariff information was leaked so it's possible it hasn't filtered through the organisation yet. Maybe give it a few days and try again.

Its possible that the deal isn't universally available to all customers. For example, many deals are only offered to people who phone (or get put through to...) the department which should close accounts, but which in fact try to keep customers ("customer retention" is what they are called internally).

Virgin have a sim only monthly contract at £15/month - unlimited calls to UK landlines (excluding 08** and 070** numbers) and all mobile networks + unlimited texts and data. So far my wife is very pleased with it. biggrin.png

We're locked into ours for 2 years. That's the biggie when you make these choices - it was the only one out there that offered us such a good deal and put to bed the everlasting worry of exceeding our allowance and being hammered with silly charges (if I remember rightly it was something like £100 per gb if we went over our 15gb per month for £15 allowance).

It'll be interesting to see what's around when our contract comes up for renewal.

In 2006 the kids bought us payg Vodafone for use on the boat, we wondered why it soon stopped downloading until we realised the £20 starter had run out, reason? £3000 per gb. Yes that's right, three thousand pounds!

Edited by nb Innisfree

Virgin have a sim only monthly contract at £15/month - unlimited calls to UK landlines (excluding 08** and 070** numbers) and all mobile networks + unlimited texts and data. So far my wife is very pleased with it. :D

i am also with Virgi Media. I get these amazing mobile offers through the post periodically. I looked into the unlimited Data. Yes it is truely unlimited. I went onto a forum site that was discussing this, and their was a very helpful employee of Mr Bransons explaining, eventually, that you can't tether with the deal.

Mobile wise, I am contracted to Orange (EE) with 500 mb. I can tether my iPad but have to be careful with usage. Once I streamed the radio via a dock (iPhone) and used up the usage in no time as has been mentioned. I asked for an unlimited data plan with Orange but it was a no go area. I think they knew what I was up to and wanted to achieve.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch

Its possible that the deal isn't universally available to all customers.

I didn't make this up...

IMG_20130629_085448_zpsf86e6588.jpg

When negotiating an upgrade I would only ever deal with "retentions" or in a shop.

Online deals are woefully out of date and the usual customer service call centres are woefully incompetent.

"Retentions" are on commission to keep your custom, so offer the best deals available, and the shops are more customer orientated.

I have, its printed in my new contract. - no extra cost.

Matty have you tried tethering with the new SIM/contract?

I looked at the details click "Price Plan Details" then click "Three Price Guide" and it lists tethering as a £5pm option on its contracts, with a 1GB data limit. However, it also says at the bottom of the Add-ons (of which tethering is one) price table:

Mobile Internet Add-ons not available with All-You-Can-Eat data packages. Not available with The One Plan SIM Only (1/12 Months)

So it seems like tethering is not possible with an All-You-Can-Eat data package after all.......unfortunately........

Sometimes people get confused about what their phone is capable of and what their contract allows.

I was once.

the one pan allows tethering all you can eat does nit.

?

The One Plan allows tethering. All You Can Eat does not.

I

f your smartphone plan includes all you can eat data, then this is for data consumption actually on your smartphone. It does not include using your smartphone as a modem to connect other devices such as laptops and tablets – also known as “Tethering”. Tethering is included in (i) The One Plan; (ii) the One Plan SIM only; or (iii) By purchasing an Ultimate Internet Plan with the Tethering Add on. The add-on can be purchased via My3 on your handset and is also available to customers on our Talk and Text plans.

Virgin have just mailed me their 15GBP per month sim only offer (VIP) with unlimited data, unlimited minutes and unlimited textx on a thirty day rolling contract.

Sounds pretty good compared with paying Vodaphone as I once did 15 for 1gb data monthly.

IIRC Virgin frowns on tethering

Thank you for clarifying it carlt. I eventually found and downloaded the PDF of the Three Price Guide, which gives a lot of the small print (probably not all though...) and there's so many combinations of package and add on, and rules which apply only to certain packages/add ons/connection styles, its confusing to clearly see what limits apply where.

Virgin have just mailed me their 15GBP per month sim only offer (VIP) with unlimited data, unlimited minutes and unlimited textx on a thirty day rolling contract.

IIRC Virgin frowns on tethering

Tethering would be essential for a liveaboard, in my opinion, and Virgin have a 3 Gb per month fair usage limit.

The One Plan allows tethering. All You Can Eat does not.

For clarity,

The One Plan now includes All You Can Eat Data, and allows tethering. The 12 month option is £15 per month, and the 1 month option is £18 per month.

The Ultimate Internet Plan includes All You Can Eat data, but doesn't include tethering. It's £12.90 per month.

Three don't seem to have a Fair Use Policy on data - I've used up to 70Gb in one month, and have heard nothing from them.

For clarity,

The One Plan now includes All You Can Eat Data, and allows tethering. The 12 month option is £15 per month, and the 1 month option is £18 per month.

The Ultimate Internet Plan includes All You Can Eat data, but doesn't include tethering. It's £12.90 per month.

Three don't seem to have a Fair Use Policy on data - I've used up to 70Gb in one month, and have heard nothing from them.

Three say that using a phone non stop would use in the region of 1000 gb per month, so effectively that is unlimited. They quote 1000 gb just as an example, it's not a limit set by them. I suppose they do have a secret limit but they know that limit could never be exceeded with a phone, tethered or not.

For those people who believe the is no restriction on the amount of data you can download with Three's AYCE data plans please read about Three's 'Trafficsense' program (http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=signal,varset_subcat=3804,Case=obj%284046%29.

Three monitors data traffic and don't 'block' your data flow. They 'manage' it if demand is too great. IMHO it means means they throttle it! Once your data useage has triggers 'managing' then; in my experience; you're usually 'throttled' for about 28 days before you get normal data speed back. The more people that take up the AYCE data offers then the more congested the network will become. This will result in more 'managing' of the access by Three's Trafficsense software.

They 'manage' it if demand is too great. IMHO it means means they throttle it!

So peoples' access is throttled when the system is busiest.

Sounds sensible to me but, even as a heavy user, I have yet to experience it.

I do all my big downloads on 3 because my Virgin Broadband is noticeably throttled if I exceed 8 or 10 Gb in a month.

Mind you I don't use file-sharing or P2P sites so I probably don't pop up on their radar.

• using peer-to-peer download services like BitTorrent or Limewire
  • downloading and sharing large files using certain sites specifically set up to share files.

It would seem to me that their monitoring kit is far fairer and intelligent than Virgin's.

Edited by carlt