Bad threads

nicknorman

Featured Posts

I see another thread that degenerated into abuse by the usual suspects has been locked. Just curious to know why the policy is to lock, rather than to delete the whole thread. By locking, the abuse remains visible to all whilst not allowing the abused further response.

Other (non boaty) fora I frequent delete such threads.

Edited by nicknorman

I see another thread that degenerated into abuse by the usual suspects has been locked. Just curious to know why the policy is to lock, rather than to delete the whole thread. By locking, the abuse remains visible to all whilst not allowing the abused further response.

Yes and poor old Wriggles got stitched up.

Before this one too gets out of hand - for the record no-body actually abused wrigglefingers in the thread concerned, which as Nick says is still there if people really want to see it.

She unfortunately got unnecessarily dragged completely out of the blue into an argument between myself and another member, and the the person concerned has apologised.

In this case the 'abused' member was contacted and asked their opinion. Then the decision was made to close the thread. Does that help you?

In this case the 'abused' member was contacted and asked their opinion. Then the decision was made to close the thread. Does that help you?

Thanks LM. It helps a little but I just think its sad that such threads are left for newcomers and tentative read-but-scared-to-posts to see. At the very least, the useful response to OP could be left and the subsequent rubbish deleted. Perhaps that smacks too much of censorship?

I still think Bizzard should be made a MOD. His ajudications would be, how can one put it, "interesting". Would take the sting out of some of the spats on here that's for sure!

:judge:

Please LM I'd like to be a Rocker not a MOD. :unsure:

I found the thread and waded through it,its me thats the serial offender for starting sewing and craft type topics and hoping Wriggly and Carlt will be along to help me out of my latest dilemma. Team Tawny Owl/Primrose engineering have given valuable assistance as well. Iam gratefull to all.

The falling out stuff,well as an ex feral I have a pretty tough fur coat and a lot bounces off but that doesn't mean I expect to treat others with disrespect and get away with it.We're not a bad lot on here really and should value the online and real life friendships this site represents.

Chill and be happy folks pretty please.

I found the thread and waded through it,its me thats the serial offender for starting sewing and craft type topics and hoping Wriggly and Carlt will be along to help me out of my latest dilemma. Team Tawny Owl/Primrose engineering have given valuable assistance as well. Iam gratefull to all.

The falling out stuff,well as an ex feral I have a pretty tough fur coat and a lot bounces off but that doesn't mean I expect to treat others with disrespect and get away with it.We're not a bad lot on here really and should value the online and real life friendships this site represents.

Chill and be happy folks pretty please.

My tom cat Satchidanander says likewise. :cheers:

Well at least matty40s has the balls and decency to apologise even though it wasn't meant as a deliberate nastiness or slur against the wrigglefingers, or I didn't read it as that either.

In fact I recall voting the post up :lol:

There's a few members on here who should think about acquiring such humility.

I think the typed word is a blunt instrument devoid of the nuances of face to face speech and it is all too easy to fall foul of the law of unintended consequences. I'm sure matty wouldn't want to hurt Wriggly,why would anybody.

Happy Sunday every body :cheers:

I found the thread and waded through it,

For my part I feel really sorry that Wigglefingers got dragged in - If I hadn't re-acted to being told to go forth and procreate, and simply ignored it wouldn't have gone the way it did.

It's hard though not to give a response to such a comment.

I think the typed word is a blunt instrument devoid of the nuances of face to face speech and it is all too easy to fall foul of the law of unintended consequences. I'm sure matty wouldn't want to hurt Wriggly,why would anybody.

Happy Sunday every body :cheers:

Hear hear.

She unfortunately got unnecessarily dragged completely out of the blue into an argument between myself and another member, and the the person concerned has apologised.

Shocking!!.....not The Dog House involved in a spurious argument???.....surely some mistake??

Cheers

Gareth

• Greenie 1

How bloody patronising!!! No wonder you piss so many people off

Well whatever I say it won't of course be believed but I'm really sorry you (and those that agree with you) feel that way John because that was in no way the intention of my post.

I ain't however going to get into a(nother) row with you - however that is the simple truth.

Oh please, let's not turn this into a 'happy clappy we all love each other' forum. There's enough of those allready, and they are gratis to join for those to delicate for this 'nasty' forum. I like the fact that a spade can be called a spade, and that occassionally, like in the real world, we can let our emotions speak. Most of us are big enough to appologise afterwards, if neccessary.

Besides, where would you go and stir things up otherwise? NBW? (Collapses in fit of laughter)