CM'ers - hogging services

matty40s

Featured Posts

They are nice people, live aboard / CC and so I'm sure if someone wanted to use the services and asked, they would move.

Compassion is a very easy emotion when you are not the one having to make the decisions/actions. If you were CRT what would you do with this guy? (generic, since I have no idea of the circumstances). Would you allow a free-for-all for people to moor and live on their boats anywhere they wanted to - I suppose a boating anarchy if you like, or would you have rules? If the latter, how would you handle those who decline to comply?

Do try to keep up! Kitten, ball of wool - meow!

I've been away for a week and your ability to hide your hypocrisy by trying to be humorous was looking too successful.

Edited to add....I appear to have omitted the quotes from my previous post...

Compassion is a very easy emotion when you are not the one having to make the decisions/actions. If you were CRT what would you do with this guy? (generic, since I have no idea of the circumstances). Would you allow a free-for-all for people to moor and live on their boats anywhere they wanted to - I suppose a boating anarchy if you like, or would you have rules? If the latter, how would you handle those who decline to comply?

Edited by carlt

Shame - a bit of hypocrisy always livens up the forum, sorry if you nearly missed it.

No your hypocrisy devalues the things you have said about some cmers, when you defend and applaud the same actions of others.

It would appear that your repeated condemnation of "rule breakers" turns into praise when you know the miscreants.

I'm sorry but you've descended into point scoring nonsense that just makes you look a childish twit.

Ange sorry you feel that way, but my whole contribution to this thread was mostly "childish", but plenty of people seemed to find it amusing. Bottom line is that if you don't like what I write, why not just decline to read it rather than issuing insults? The insults just make you look a nasty person.

No your hypocrisy devalues the things you have said about some cmers, when you defend and applaud the same actions of others.

It would appear that your repeated condemnation of "rule breakers" turns into praise when you know the miscreants.

Carl I don't think you have been following this thread properly. I did send you a pm explaining but it seems you are blocking it. Since the OP cited me, I had to react and there were 2 ways, go along with the general whinge (dull and predictable) or try a different slant. I did the latter, and it seemed to achieve the aim which was to cause some entertainment. If I really have to spell it out in small words, no I don't condone overstaying on services, and whilst P&J are passing acquaintances, they are not our friends. I have many faults, one of which is that I can't abide selfishness. There now, spell broken, satisfied?

satisfied?

Considering the vitriol you spout about other overstayers no, not really.

Why take other threads about overstaying so seriously and yet pick this one out to demonstrate your sparkling wit and humour?

You are merely demonstrating prejudice about a type of boater you disapprove of and condoning the same action by another who you are on first name terms with and have the same type of boat.

I'm half expecting the response "I'm not prejudiced...Some of my best friends are cmers."

Considering the vitriol you spout about other overstayers no, not really.

Why take other threads about overstaying so seriously and yet pick this one out to demonstrate your sparkling wit and humour?

You are merely demonstrating prejudice about a type of boater you disapprove of and condoning the same action by another who you are on first name terms with and have the same type of boat.

I'm half expecting the response "I'm not prejudiced...Some of my best friends are cmers."

As I said, it was because I was cited in the OP and therefore presumably a response was expected. If you read the thread properly and didn't realise I wasn't being serious, then sorry you are incredibly stupid. However, I don't think you are, rather that you have skimmed the thread and picked out a couple of posts and taken them out of context. I can tell you are still not reading it properly because in my previous post I clearly stated that I did not condone overstayers of any flavour, and yet you persist in claiming differently. I think you might find that is actually me that knows what is in my mind, not you.

This is a forum open to all and, unless I have misread the terms, it is not required to post in the style of a miserable old man with no sense of humour or imagination. I'll leave that style to others.

Anyway, it seems you just want an argument and since is a lovely sunny day, I have better things to do...

• Greenie 1

This is a forum open to all and, unless I have misread the terms, it is not required to post in the style of a miserable old man with no sense of humour or imagination. I'll leave that style to others.

Anyway, it seems you just want an argument and since is a lovely sunny day, I have better things to do...

On Nick you are such a bullsh*tter! - in my humble opinion of course.

Did you give yourself a greenie there? :lol:

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

On Nick you are such a bullsh*tter! - in my humble opinion of course.

Did you give yourself a greenie there? :lol:

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Hi Pete, no I may be a BSer but giving myself a greenie is stooping too low even for me!

• Greenie 3

Continuous moorer (CMer) is an ironic or tongue-in-cheek reference to a Continuous Cruiser (CC) who according to the CaRT licence is supposed to be making bona fide progress around the network instead of having a home mooring.

OP is the Original Poster (thread starter).

edited for speeling

Edited by Machpoint005

Please tell me what a CM'er is, also what does OP stand for? I'm sure it's obvious but I don't know!

OP = "Original Poster" - the poster that started a thread.

CMer = "Continuous Moorer" (aka "Non Compliant Continuous Cruiser" in CRT parlance).

(aka = "also known as"! :lol:)

Continuous moorer (CMer) is an ironic or tongue-in-cheek reference to a Continuous Cruiser (CC) who according to the CaRT licence is supposed to be making bona fide progress around the network instead of having a home mooring.

Point of order!

BW / CRT interpretation of "Bona Fide for Navigation" no longer makes reference to "progress around the network".

They have to "navigate", but there is no longer any statement that this must involve large chunks of the network.

CRT have indicated that someone with a "Rivers Only" licence that never leaves the River Lee can be fully compliant for example.

one-nil to me this time, Alan!

Not really, as your answer is inaccurate, IMO! :lol:

(IMO - "In My Opinion")

Hi Pete, no I may be a BSer but giving myself a greenie is stooping too low even for me!

Also

BSer = "Nick Norman" (apparently!)

Continuous moorers are not solely holders of CC declarations. There are also many boats out there who hold moorings who continuously moor to their hearts content

Quite often for weeks at a time on 24/48 hour / 5 day moorings.

No it isn't!

As I understand it the term it is for the subset of CCers who claim to CC on their licence application, but don't actually CC, instead hanging around in one particular locality.

CMers sometimes claim they are forced to stay in one area by work commitments, schools etc, and seem to consider this exempts them from CCing. Paul Davis was an example.

People who genuinely CC are not CMers.

MtB

• Greenie 2

No it isn't!

As I understand it the term it is for the subset of CCers who claim to CC on their licence application, but don't actually CC, instead hanging around in one particular locality.

CMers sometimes claim they are forced to stay in one area by work commitments, schools etc, and seem to consider this exempts them from CCing. Paul Davis was an example.

People who genuinely CC are not CMers.

MtB

Quite!