CM'ers - hogging services

matty40s

Featured Posts

It would be nice to get a proper picture of that really nice looking front end.

Unfortunately it only seems to be in one of the pictures, and then only a small part of it in the bottom left!

Do you have better pictures of the more interesting boats in the periphery of those photos, because these ones seem to concentrate on one that looks rather less interesting!

(!)

Yes - I'd like to see more of what looks like a Willow Wren boat next door.

OOh found some -

mallard-5136-greensforge-nov09.jpg

mallard-5137-greensforge-nov09.jpg

Edited by The Dog House

Yes - I'd like to see more of what looks like a Willow Wren boat next door.

OOh found some -

mallard-5136-greensforge-nov09.jpg

Now THAT is a good example of the best looking type narrow boat bows on the cut! We don't need any of this "Josher" nonsense!

But to the other side of the Ian Kemp boat there is also another GUCCCo Northwich style bow (in red oxide) that it is tied to - I'm wondering what that is, too.....

Edited by alan_fincher

Now THAT is a good example of the best looking type narrow boat bows on the cut! We don't need any of this "Josher" nonsense!

But to the other side of the Ian Kemp boat there is also another GUCCCo Northwich style bow (in red oxide) that it is tied to - I'm wondering what that is, too.....

It was a Northwich which Ian was working on at the time. He did a great job of building and decorating the back cabin.

Edited by andywatson

I still think that is one is a beauty, but as with everything :"It's a personal choice".

mini_845217NBGazellerepainted02.jpg

mini_751203NBGazellerelaunching02.jpg

Peter.

I'm not denying it is - and has clearly been fabricated by someone with an very good eye for what a real boat looks like, rather than someone who thinks that they can come up with something that could possibly be more functional and/or better looking.

.......And so much better, (in my personal opinion, of course!), for apparently not having washers tack welded all over it!

Before I make a final judgement though, has it ever been left for days on a services point, or not? :lol:

I still think that is one is a beauty, but as with everything :"It's a personal choice".

mini_845217NBGazellerepainted02.jpg

mini_751203NBGazellerelaunching02.jpg

Peter.

Agreed a lovely looking boat....

The only one that seems to match on Jim Shead is -

GAZELLE Built by IAM KEMP - Length 19.2 metres (63 feet ) - Beam 2.08 metres (6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.83 metres (2 feet 9 inches ) Metal hull, power of 53 BHP. Registered with British Waterways number 505226 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on 30-May-2011.

I'm not denying it is - and has clearly been fabricated by someone with an very good eye for what a real boat looks like, rather than someone who thinks that they can come up with something that could possibly be more functional and/or better looking.

.......And so much better, (in my personal opinion, of course!), for apparently not having washers tack welded all over it!

Before I make a final judgement though, has it ever been left for days on a services point, or not? :lol:

NO. It is not a Hudson.

The lines are based on the Bushels tugs which of cause were wooden hulls would look a bit daft with washers on a wooden hull. She does have rivets on her real ones as well (side hatches).

Edited by Jim Evans

NO. It is not a Hudson.

The lines are based on the Bushels tugs which of cause were wooden hulls would look a bit daft with washers on a wooden hull. She does have rivets on her real ones as well (side hatches).

Yes, I'm aware it is based on a wooden boat design, although surely only "based on" because they were not narrow beam, were they?

She is lovely, but does not actually make me think "wooden boat" though, if I'm completely honest.

Remind us what very big engine it must have!

Ian built Gazelle by looking at the photos, doing a secret bit which I can not divulge, then making it in steel.

He is also an accomplished artist which is probably whey he can accurately translate photos into steel.

I have spoken to the owner (a professional in the boat trade) of one of his Josher replicas. When he came to collect his boat, he was invited to stand in exactly the position the subject boat had been photographed from to inspect it and the copy was exact.

You can be sure that if he builds a boat with "rivets" on they will be in excatly the right place.

Edited by andywatson

Yes, I'm aware it is based on a wooden boat design, although surely only "based on" because they were not narrow beam, were they?

She is lovely, but does not actually make me think "wooden boat" though, if I'm completely honest.

Remind us what very big engine it must have!

I would not class the engine as excessive Gardner 3LW a 2 would have done.

When she sits in the water she does. The Bushels tug were wide how wide is another question. I would never call her a replica I just liked those tug lines. At the end of the day she is still another toy, but a toy that I wanted, a 63' springer will cruise the canals just as well.

You think you had trouble at Fradley sani station, you should try Todmorden.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/gallery_1530_1_135943.jpg

Though it is also the 24 hour visitor mooring and only one of the boats has been there since December.

That's me at the far end just managing to get the backend in to use the services.

Edited by Dr Bradley

You think you had trouble at Fradley sani station, you should try Todmorden.

http://www.canalworl...30_1_135943.jpg

Though it is also the 24 hour visitor mooring and only one of the boats has been there since December.

That's me at the far end just managing to get the backend in to use the services.

It's been mooted (previously) that one should talk to them, point out the inconvenience and their lack of consideration, and if they are reasonable they should move off.

Unless their engines have (all) broken down, of course