Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

The hull on Cormorant looks a lot like the (very sorry-looking) boat moored in the remaining stub arm at Valencia Wharf.

The owner told me it was ex-FMC - I didn't really believe him at the time.

Anyone happen to know which that is? I'll try to get a picture going past next week but there's no name or number visible.

Edited by Francis Herne

3 hours ago, Francis Herne said:

The hull on Cormorant looks a lot like the (very sorry-looking) boat moored in the remaining stub arm at Valencia Wharf.

The owner told me it was ex-FMC - I didn't really believe him at the time.

Anyone happen to know which that is? I'll try to get a picture going past next week but there's no name or number visible.

I think that’s the Dace with the stern of a butty grafted on as the bow.  Has been known as Leopard for many years.

https://hnbc.org.uk/boats/dace

Paul

Edited by Paul H
  • Greenie 1

Must say that the stern of that boat is very much prettier than the vast majority of "Cruiser sterns" which are full of right angles. The fore end needs a bit of adjusting with a sledge hammer though

Edited by Bee

12 hours ago, Bee said:

Must say that the stern of that boat is very much prettier than the vast majority of "Cruiser sterns" which are full of right angles. The fore end needs a bit of adjusting with a sledge hammer though

I thought it already had been... :)   :)

15 hours ago, spud said:

spose that has gone to alvercote as well. owners will make it into a motor i bet

Nope! The new owner has "made claim to some land" by the canal. Interesting woman, if a bit mad! She's going to live in exactly as it is.

I do plan to wind everyone in alvecote up by telling them I'm going to chop Cedar up 😇

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

It is cool if Carina is left alone as it is a lovely boat. 

Indeed. Wouldn't want to camp in the hold though, the back cabin is, uh, a bit moist. Needs ripping out entirely. Not salvageable in any respect! The back of the stove fell off when we lit it 🙃

Good luck to her I say, I hope the winter doesn't get too cold...

Edited by DShK
  • Horror 1

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

It is cool if Carina is left alone as it is a lovely boat. 

I do have a very harsh view of anyone that wants to do anything to a Butty, other than keep it as a Butty.

Needless to say, I'd get frowned upon if I made it public!

But yes, as far as is known, you have absolutely nowt to worry about in this case.

8 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Thats good and hopefully when it gets sold in 2024 the buyer will take the same view. 

;)

That's the risk you take.

Unfortunately we have too many idiots (that's my nice word for them) in the country. 

Oh I don't need a Butty, so I will buy a Butty and butcher it, just to screw over the countries heritage, and anyone who does need or want a Butty.

4 minutes ago, JungleJames said:

That's the risk you take.

Unfortunately we have too many idiots (that's my nice word for them) in the country. 

Oh I don't need a Butty, so I will buy a Butty and butcher it, just to screw over the countries heritage, and anyone who does need or want a Butty.

Ah but they look so good with a cabin tacked on!!

image.png.527aefe5d96eeac6def11a59356083fd.png

57 minutes ago, David Mack said:

There are two butties on the bank at Stretton Wharf (Brinklow Boatbuilders) at the moment. Both are having hull repairs done and both are to be kitted out in full working trim.

One is Lyra if I recall correctly. Cedar will be going there for some work in the future too. 👍