BWML

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

I have no opinion of your professionalism. I do not know you and I know nothing about you. I have made no assumptions about you, good or bad, and I see no reason why I should. All I asked was if anyone has contacted BWML. That is a perfectly reasonable question.

My post was not about whether you have discussed the issue with BWML. It is about informing them of this thread so they can also see what is being written here. I shall inform them myself.

Brian - BWML is a subsidiary of CaRT. CaRT has at least five people who are members of this forum. They also have a director on BWML's board.

CaRT are also known to monitor this forum closely.

I am sure that if CaRT believes that Derek Newton, BWML's MD' needs to be informed regarding posts then they would have already been in touch with him.

Brian - BWML is a subsidiary of CaRT. CaRT has at least five people who are members of this forum. They also have a director on BWML's board.

I am sure that if CaRT believes that Derek Newton, BWML's MD' needs to be informed regarding posts then they would have already been in touch with him.

Thank you, that is knowledge I did not have. I have sent my own email (before I saw your post).

Edited by brian1042

I understand the preferred acronym of the Trust is CRT... why don't folk get this...unless they just want to be annoying...

Oh yes sorry ... it's Narrow Boat World... :rolleyes:

Edited by The Dog House

I understand the preferred acronym of the Trust is CRT... why don't folk get this...unless they just want to be annoying...

It seems other posters on this forum are happy with CaRT -

CaRT pumpout machines

..... but why let that prevent a dig at narrowboatworld?

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)
  • Greenie 2

Has anyone contacted BWML to let them know about this discussion? They have been fine with me and if no one else has contacted them I will. I would like someone to tell me if something like this were happening in regard to my organisation, especially if I have treated people reasonably.

I'm quite sure they read these messages. I wrote a few things on Narrowboat World which were commented on by Darren Bramhall at a Berth Holder meeting. As I pointed out at the time, the issues I and others report on are recorded facts not unwarranted moans.

I'm also certain my experience isn't that of every BWML marina but you report what you see and you vote with your feet.

Edited by Midnight
  • Greenie 1

It seems other posters on this forum are happy with CaRT -

CaRT pumpout machines

..... but why let that prevent a dig at narrowboatworld?

I know - and it's been referred to before, and I queried it at the time. The Trust however seemingly prefer CRT.

As long as Narrowboat World 'contributors' continue to have digs at CRT I reserve the right to have the odd dig at NBW....

I know - and it's been referred to before, and I queried it at the time. The Trust however seemingly prefer CRT.

As long as Narrowboat World 'contributors' continue to have digs at CRT I reserve the right to have the odd dig at NBW....

Surely its Cart? I thought there was an & in the title making it Cart as in Canal AND river trust not just Canal river trust?

Tim

• Greenie 1

• 3 months later...

That was my experience too. I was a customer for a few years at Ripon where the on-site marina manager acted like he was ex gestapo, maintenance was very poor and they also made promises they didn't keep.

Some memorable experiences - It took them 10 months to change a broken gate lock which anyone else could have changed in 10 minutes. When we complained about the lack of security they said security wasn't part of the service.

After Narrowboat World reported the marina was only 70% full they removed some pontoon fingers which improved the occupancy rates.

The water used to get turned off at the main stop tap each winter leaving only one tap on each pontoon. They provided a great long hose pipe on each pontoon which worked fine until they decided it wasn't compliant with H&S so removed it again.

The costs weren't cheap and the annual rise was always above inflation. They based the costs on some mickey mouse comparision with other marinas in the area but always found that the facilities at Ripon warranted the cost. Their website still claims the facilities include a slipway and chandlery. The nearest slipway is at Boroughbridge marina 7 miles away and the chandlery is at Sawley over 100 miles away.

I got fed up with their incompetence, broken promises and the spiraling costs and moved to private marina where I have had no issues at all and save around £1000 in mooring fees

I have since heard that one berth holder took them to court and had his contract terminated.

I fullly accept and agree with everything but! The nearest chandlery is at Boroughbridge Marina and is well stocked and the guy there is very helpful.

Who prefers it? Have you forgotten what language is for? I prefer cart and I may start using CRT as they wish when I see they stop harassing people. Even debt collectors and banks aren't allowed to harass people - it is against the law, remember?

You will get nowhere with that suggestion there appears to be a perversity among posters who prefer to give organisations a name they prefer and to hell with what the organisation calls itself.

You will get nowhere with that suggestion there appears to be a perversity among posters who prefer to give organisations a name they prefer and to hell with what the organisation calls itself.

Any organisation will earn the acronym it deserves. I believe the jury is still out as whether we are all "in the CART".

George ex nb Alton retired

Who prefers it? Have you forgotten what language is for? I prefer cart and I may start using CRT as they wish when I see they stop harassing people. Even debt collectors and banks aren't allowed to harass people - it is against the law, remember?

The Trust prefer it - Sally Ash confirmed this to me when I asked her after the Northern boaters meeting at Skipton in January.

Using the non prefered version as some sort of protest against CRT's enforcement measures is a bit of a lame and pointless gesture to be frank.

and you must be incredibly naive if you honestly believe debt collectors (or even banks for that matter) don't harass people despite what the law may say about it.

With cap lock held down the easiest combination is C&RT.

even easier if you miss out the ampersand.....wink.png

Edited by The Dog House

Aside from the ongoing (and frankly uninteresting argument about who calls who what and who... who cares - life is far too short) initials discussion, did the OP draw any conclusions that can be shared?

My experience of the higher level management of BWML has soured somewhat since the original topic arose, and the suggestion that BWML is anything other than a cash source for the Trust has been firmly dispelled.

Aside from the ongoing (and frankly uninteresting argument about who calls who what and who... who cares - life is far too short) initials discussion, did the OP draw any conclusions that can be shared?

My experience of the higher level management of BWML has soured somewhat since the original topic arose, and the suggestion that BWML is anything other than a cash source for the Trust has been firmly dispelled.

I would suggest that BWML is a cash drain on BW/CaRT rather than a cash source.

I would suggest that BWML is a cash drain on BW/CaRT rather than a cash source.

If cart is a charitable trust then it should not be making profit. BWML is a ltd company and is of course attempting to make profit. I believe BWML staff sit in cart offices and they will be and are, collaborating with cart employees, if not the organisation called cart in general and cart employees are spending their paid time with BWML. I have recorded proof that a cart employee and BWML are collaborating and are pushing an agenda dictated from somewhere but where? Does anybody really know where this comes from? Again, we are back to this situation where rules and laws are made by people who are accepted as capable of making them but they only apply to those who don't make them. Very much like the Boston Council wouldn't let disabled organisations vote on the parking fees saying it would be like letting 'turkeys vote on christmas' yet Boston Council voted on their own wage rise of 27% last year? Just an example of what we are dealing with here and me and YOU are allowing to happen.

Actually I disagree - it is interesting because it seems in some peoples eyes at least, to relate to how they perceive the Trust - whilst a lot of people (like yourself) clearly don't care particularly, others seem to delight in using an acronym that they see as comedic or in some way derisory and it reflects their opinion of the Trust and the people who work for it.

• 9 months later...