how long, 14 days , 28 day stays

djangobole

Featured Posts

The main rule being get on with your own life and take no notice of what other people say.

So why post on any forum, if you neither expect to take notice of what anyone else says, and hence, (presumably, by inference!), don't expect peope to take notice of what you say either! :cheers:

(I'm starting to think you have a point though! :lol:)

I am confused! (although there are those who say it is easy to do). The general tone of the forum seems to suggest that most people aren't in favour of continuous mooring without true residential status, and yet the current set of replies seems to encourage it.

I am confused! (although there are those who say it is easy to do). The general tone of the forum seems to suggest that most people aren't in favour of continuous mooring without true residential status, and yet the current set of replies seems to encourage it.

Aye, we're a funny lot here

Richard

Helpful

Thank you I just like to pass on good advise.

So why post on any forum, if you neither expect to take notice of what anyone else says, and hence, (presumably, by inference!), don't expect peope to take notice of what you say either! :cheers:

(I'm starting to think you have a point though! :lol:)

No one ever takes any notice of what I say!!!

thanks, someone the other day told me 28 days? in some places.

There are no public mooring locations where (in general) a 28 day stay would be permissible.

Unless signs indicate otherwise, you can moor for 14 days in one spot. If signs indicate otherwise, the limit may be lower in some popular locations.

What is true is that due to the difficulty of enforcing the rules, many people get away with breaking the rules, and I have little doubt that you will hear the siren voices of "oh, don't worry about it, everybody stays 28 days, and they don't do anything about it". Beware, because as sure as anything, you will build your life around that assumption, and they will start enforcing.

Once you give up your permanent mooring, you are expected to actually move on after 14 days. That means that moving round the corner won't do. You have to move on to a new "place" (that is to say to a different town or village for example), and after 14 more days you have to move on again. Shuttling back and forth between 3 or 4 spots won't cut it (and again, there will be plenty of old hands claimimng that it is fine. They will be the ones squealing like hell that impossible demands are being made when enforcement comes).

I said that "in general" a 28 day stay is not allowed. The exception to this is where something unforseen crops up, and you need to stay longer. In such cases, talk to CRT immediately, to let them know that you have a problem. They will be helpful. If you just overstay and then claim that you had a good reason after the event, they will be less inclined to be sympathetic. Where something happens that means you need a longer stay, they will expect you to make every effort to move on as soon as possible (so, a breakdown is a good reason but still being broken down 3 months later is not)

• Greenie 2

There are no public mooring locations where (in general) a 28 day stay would be permissible.

appart from the K&A the whole of which I am told is a 6 month mooring, or restricted in places down to 28 days for the visitor moorings.

:captain: