The New Inn closed UFN

matty40s

Featured Posts

Good , look forward to calling in. As the sign said at the Wharf Inn, Welford , Dogs welcome but all children on a lead please.

We ran a very busy popular pub in Oxfordshire and outside the front door I had an A board which I wrote

Children are wonderful we all would agree

But not in my pub its for grown ups you see

Dogs welcome in the pub

Children allowed in the garden

We did not allow anyone under 18 in the pub or to stay overnight in the 6 letting rooms, nor did I allow food in the bar on evenings.............

We were the busiest pub for miles biggrin.png

Tim

Visited on Saturday. Unhappily dogs not allowed inside - only outside. Beer good though and snack menu available. Full menu coming soon apparently. Shame about the dog policy.......

Not as far as I'm concerned. The fewer dogs in a pub the better...... Almost as bad as children in a pub.

Grump grump.

MtB

Not as far as I'm concerned. The fewer dogs in a pub the better...... Almost as bad as children in a pub.

Grump grump.

MtB

I think in 20 years I took a dog in a pub once. It was a good move as Mr Finch (I think) visited one night while we were in the pub. He didn't stop.

Grump grump.

MtB

Agree. One of my local pubs has so many dogs it's like a canine creche. It is also prone to having children rushing around almost unsupervised until quite late in the evening. Pubs is adult time!

The new inn has reopened two weeks ago. It is and independent free house, it has been kept as a traditional pub selling four real ales and a choice of largers and wines.

Inside has had a refurbishment, and out side is due a face lift within the next couple of weeks.

Food is now served all day from 12 till 8, we are offering a snack menu and ten pub classics. There will be a full menu and Sunday lunch coming very soon.

We look forward to seeing customers old and new.

Telephone 01327 844747

The new inn has reopened two weeks ago. It is and independent free house, it has been kept as a traditional pub selling four real ales and a choice of largers and wines.

Inside has had a refurbishment, and out side is due a face lift within the next couple of weeks.

Food is now served all day from 12 till 8, we are offering a snack menu and ten pub classics. There will be a full menu and Sunday lunch coming very soon.

Telephone 01327 844747

Welcome to CWF Shell!

Good to hear this. A couple of questions though:

1) Do you allow children to run riot in the pub?

2) Do you serve food until 8pm seven days a week, including on a Sunday evening? No-one else seems to around your way (except the Hungry Horse at Rugby and the Boathouse at Braunston, and neither is much cop at food).

You'll be seeing me N coasty sooner or later I predict. And sooner if you get both answers right ;)

MtB

We went to the Nelson a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening being unaware of the "no food on Sundays" policy and when the barmaid saw how disappointed we were, she offered to order us a takeway of any kind. We opted for a Chinese and it was excellent! The pub even gave us plates, cutley and napkins. That is what i callservice.

haggis

We went to the Nelson a few weeks ago on a Sunday evening being unaware of the "no food on Sundays" policy and when the barmaid saw how disappointed we were, she offered to order us a takeway of any kind. We opted for a Chinese and it was excellent! The pub even gave us plates, cutley and napkins. That is what i callservice.

haggis

Another place that will do this is the White Horse in Welton. A far superior pub than the New Inn IMO but a bit of a walk across the fields.

Telephone 01327 844747

If you are an independent free house have you considered being more dog friendly? I know some of the large pub chains are not but you might attract more custom and be able to make a success of this previously failing business.

Heart of England at Weedon serve till 10 pm

Maybe, but I don't know if we got incredibly unlucky, but our one visit to it yielded probably some of the worst service, (or complete lack of any service) and the most lack-lustre food we have had out of all canal-side pubs we ever visited. (This was Summer 2011).

Whilst they might do 2 for 1 main courses, any saving we might have been made there was quickly offset by them charging £7.20 for a pint of orange juice.

I'm not likely to give them a second try!

If you are an independent free house have you considered being more dog friendly?

??????

More than you have already asked about, been told about, and acknowledged? blink.png

Sounds good ! Are they dog friendly ? ( 4 legged variety )

Dogs all over the place! Most well-behaved!!

Excellent - will take a look this weekend !

If you are an independent free house have you considered being more dog friendly? I know some of the large pub chains are not but you might attract more custom and be able to make a success of this previously failing business.

Was it a failing business?

You need to weigh up if dog lovers out number those of us who have reason to not like dogs. I certainly don't go to dog friendly pubs.

Maybe, but I don't know if we got incredibly unlucky, but our one visit to it yielded probably some of the worst service, (or complete lack of any service) and the most lack-lustre food we have had out of all canal-side pubs we ever visited. (This was Summer 2011).

Whilst they might do 2 for 1 main courses, any saving we might have been made there was quickly offset by them charging £7.20 for a pint of orange juice.

??????

More than you have already asked about, been told about, and acknowledged? blink.png

??????

Yes but it seems that Shell88pink is part of the New Inn establishment - being a very new member and saying they welcome customers. Thought I would ask someone who seems to be involved in running the business, The previous managers did a poor job and ultimately failed for whatever reason. This pub could and should do so much better.

You need to weigh up if dog lovers out number those of us who have reason to not like dogs. I certainly don't go to dog friendly pubs.

No you need to weigh up who will stay and spend more.

Where layout permits, the best compromise seems to me to be pubs that allow well behaved dogs in some areas, but not into others, which means both dog lovers and dog haters/fearers can both be customers.

I'm not sure how common this practice is, but I'm aware of quite a few pubs on the Southern GU that follow that idea.

On the other hand at some pubs virtually everybody there seems to have dogs, and they are always very well patronised, (the Angler's Retreat at Startopsend/Marsworth being such an example). I can't possibly imagine that a pub situated right next to the walks around Tring reservoirs would fare anything like as well if it had a total dog ban, and I'm sure the proprietors have worked that out for themselves!

Alan the heart of England has new managers. I spent a fair amount of time eating there in Feb/March and food & service were excellent.

The trouble with pubs is they can change from bad to good or visa versa very quickly.