Why not become a CRT'er

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

I think my money is better cared for in my pocket at the moment. Will see how the land lies in 12 months when the usual management bonuses come to light.

Tony 'three chairs' Hales did commit to make a statement on directors remuneration well before the trust came into being. At the time that he said it, BW were giving April 1st as CART's go live date.

The 'go live' date was three months late on 2nd July although government made no announcement.

FOIA request

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

I've just sent the following to CRT:

Hello.

I've just logged onto your website to join up, but sadly in the examples given about how much a month's subscription could do, there's no mention of the navigation. Now I know that most things connected with the navigations are very dear, and no reasonable amount of a single subscription is going to make any impression, but surely a mention somewhere about it's importance would encourage more navigators, such as I, to the cause. I await a satisfactory reply; then my money's yours!

James Woolcock

MB MARQUIS

"Every penny you give will go directly to keeping the canals and rivers special - restoring, conserving, enhancing and educating people about our 200 year old network of waterways. None of it will be spent on our administration and management overheads. We call it the golden pound."

Now I might be being a bit thick here... But by saying this goes to the benefit of the network and not to the admin they are suggesting that the money will somehow be better used. But surely if the CaRT money is not being spent on maintenance etc, there is more available for bonuses and wasteful administrative practices?

Calling it a 'golden pound' doesn't stop it still being used for things that CaRT would have to pay for if it wasn't forthcoming.

If they raised lots of money (big if!), then they would spend (waste) less of CaRT's main revenue, the directors pat themselves on their backs and tell each other what a wonderful job they have done, then rush off to the bank laughing their heads off with another fat bonus cheque.

• Greenie 1

Well for once I find myself in agreement with Laurence concerning making a small monthly donation to CaRT. I am still not happy about being called "a friend" I would rather be a member though this should be non voting.

We've signed up, too. I hear on the TT that the plan is eventually to give Friends a vote for a Council member once there is a significant body of them. IF true, the risk to the IWA is pretty serious; if C&RT realises Aickman's vision of a National Conservancy for the Waterways, what would be left for IWA?

Maybe IWA has achieved its aims and is now defunct. I do hope this reorganisation is better than the last half dozen. Anyone celebrating?

Can't be any worse than the last shower so yes I am celebrating.

Edited by carlt

Maybe IWA has achieved its aims and is now defunct. I do hope this reorganisation is better than the last half dozen. Anyone celebrating?

This could be true, but time will tell, I guess.

Mind you, if IWA disappeared tomorrow, would they think to tell anyone?

rolleyes.gif

is if C&RT realises Aickman's vision of a National Conservancy for the Waterways, what would be left for IWA

The IWA was defunct when it got into bed with BW.

I'm not sure the "Friends" will be an effective pressure group but we definitely need something to replace the Old Boys clubs claiming to represent boaters at the moment.

I won't be contributing, I pay a good contribution already, licence and mooring fees, also not happy that I would only be a "friend" not a "member" with voting rights, all boaters (who pay up their fees) should be members by default.

Any one hear the Radio 4 Today prog interview announcing the arrival of CART. Lots of bonfire of the quangos, Government making tough decisions, Fishermen, Walkers, Cycleists, History, Industrial heritage, Local volunteers, 2000 miles of network etc etc ...... not one mention of boats and boaters :angry: Guess that puts us in our place :banghead:

You've managed it. Your boat isn't very floaty though. :rolleyes:

Which one? :rolleyes:

When the boat in my avatar is finished it won't be on C&RT waters and none of my others are (and no, not all of them are "floaty" at the moment. :rolleyes:

Edited by carlt

Which one? :rolleyes:

When the boat in my avatar is finished it won't be on C&RT waters and none of my others are (and no, not all of them are "floaty" at the moment. :rolleyes:

Gowd, I'll get you one day. <_<

Edited by Higgs

As in weasel?

Richard

No, not quite, a weasel word is an equivocal word used to evade commitment, stakeholder is a noun used to succinctly encapsulate a long list of those with a vested interest. Politicians might use one, whilst someone trying to get things done effectively & efficiently might use the other!

No, not quite, a weasel word is an equivocal word used to evade commitment, stakeholder is a noun used to succinctly encapsulate a long list of those with a vested interest. Politicians might use one, whilst someone trying to get things done effectively & efficiently might use the other!

The trouble is, some of the former group have been masquerading as the latter in an attempt to provide 'evidence' that their plan has been 'adopted' by stakeholders. In reality, it was going to happen anyway, the list of meetings, sessions and attendees is used to prove non-existent adoption or commitment

Richard

Well tomorrows sees the launch of CRT. You can now join for just £3.00 a month which I think is reasonable: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/get-involved/donate-now

It wont take long before we will be seeing if this new style of governing our waterways will work, by becoming a CRT'er it will help rally support for the new charity.

We could do with someone drawing up a unofficial "CRT'er" logo (cartoon) so we could be individual CRT'ers (Canal River Trust Enrolled supporter) - as the charity if anything it is a bit stark IMHO and needs a more cheerful look to it.

In Birmingham today posters are alongside main roads advertising CRT and chuggers seemed to collaring folks at the top of Farmers Bridge.

Go on, its only £3.00 a month to be a CRT'er!! :captain:

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/get-involved/donate-now

Be careful what you say, Laurence or you may find yourself being selectively quoted on "Another Website".....

The corporate bully boys who run BW should be removed from office and prosecuted.

CaRT is better named as the BW/IWA/SUCS Alliance.

They don't like people who live on boats and, rightly, refuse to take an unsuitable, unsafe, unnecessary and unlawful 'mooring'.

Their persecution of these 'individuals' and attempts to proscribe their movements and 'denounce' them for, supposedly, mooring beyond some pointless time limit, or some other reasonable behaviour that they disapprove, of is alarmingly similar to the behaviour of the Nazis in 30s Germany. They are a disgrace. Do you really want to accept the 'authority' of such people?

And there are people here who want to give them money?

What does it take? Jackboots on the towpath? We've got the spies - unidentifiable 'volunteers' checking the movements of boats - (SUCS have been doing this for years). What sort of 'volunteering' is that? ''I'd like to volunteer to cause trouble for licence paying boatowners by spying on their movements'.

Two of them were round here yesterday. They urinated outside someone's boat and peered in the windows while, supposedly, checking licence details.

They have been reported to the police and a complaint has been made to the BW/IWA/SUCS Alliance.

My, pending, court case has been adjourned again (at BW's request). I have now sat here for two and a half years not allowed to move as I have been evicted and my licence has been revoked, other than for water etc., and many tens of thousands have been spent, with more to go as the initial injunction hearing has now become a 4 day trial with BW having a QC, and me being on legal aid. Your money will be paying for this and for the compensation I get when I, subsequently, sue them.

For your information their 'case' is malicious and vexatious and results from my complaints, through the complaints procedure, meetings and correspondence , the Ombudsman and an MP, regarding their harassment and intimidation of older people and people with health problems who they, specifically, target as they can be rehoused in sheltered accommodation.

Wake up. It's already too late.

CaRT is better named as the BW/IWA/SUCS Alliance.

doesn't really roll of the tongue though, does it?

Their persecution of these 'individuals' and attempts to proscribe their movements and 'denounce' them for, supposedly, mooring beyond some pointless time limit, or some other reasonable behaviour that they disapprove, of is alarmingly similar to the behaviour of the Nazis in 30s Germany.

Next step...death camps for CMers.

Their persecution of these 'individuals' and attempts to proscribe their movements and 'denounce' them for, supposedly, mooring beyond some pointless time limit, or some other reasonable behaviour that they disapprove, of is alarmingly similar to the behaviour of the Nazis in 30s Germany. They are a disgrace. Do you really want to accept the 'authority' of such people?

Nice to see that Godwin's Law is still alive and kicking... :rolleyes:

My link