Why not become a CRT'er

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Keep on chugging :banghead:

Canal & River trust. You can now join for just £3.00 a month which I think is reasonable: https://canalrivertr...lved/donate-now

It wont take long before we will be seeing if this new style of governing our waterways will work, by becoming a CRT'er it will help rally support for the new charity.

We could do with someone drawing up a unofficial "CRT'er" logo (cartoon) so we could be individual CRT'ers (Canal River Trust Enrolled supporter) - as the charity if anything it is a bit stark IMHO and needs a more cheerful look to it.

In Birmingham today posters are alongside main roads advertising CRT and chuggers seemed to collaring folks at the top of Farmers Bridge.

Go on, its only £3.00 a month to be a CRT'er!!

https://canalrivertr...lved/donate-now

Keep on chugging :banghead:

Canal & River trust. You can now join for just £3.00 a month which I think is reasonable: https://canalrivertr...lved/donate-now

It wont take long before we will be seeing if this new style of governing our waterways will work, by becoming a CRT'er it will help rally support for the new charity.

We could do with someone drawing up a unofficial "CRT'er" logo (cartoon) so we could be individual CRT'ers (Canal River Trust Enrolled supporter) - as the charity if anything it is a bit stark IMHO and needs a more cheerful look to it.

In Birmingham today posters are alongside main roads advertising CRT and chuggers seemed to collaring folks at the top of Farmers Bridge.

Go on, its only £3.00 a month to be a CRT'er!!

https://canalrivertr...lved/donate-now

I'm sure that your intentions are good Laurence but repeat postings tend to annoy & I wouldn't let a 'chugger' within a barge pole's length of me.

I'm sure that your intentions are good Laurence but repeat postings tend to annoy & I wouldn't let a 'chugger' within a barge pole's length of me.

I too would agree, the chugger bit was a touch of black humor. But what I can say in the three days this thread has run over a dozen people have emailed me or contacted via other means to say they have joined, given the 2000 views and 100 plus replies I am well pleased with that result, there may of course be more than 12 but the thread has brought out some interesting topics and does let the CRT staff who view this forum know our thoughts.

Sorry if I have been a norty CRITTER but its in good faith -

I too would agree, the chugger bit was a touch of black humor. But what I can say in the three days this thread has run over a dozen people have emailed me or contacted via other means to say they have joined, given the 2000 views and 100 plus replies I am well pleased with that result, there may of course be more than 12 but the thread has brought out some interesting topics and does let the CRT staff who view this forum know our thoughts.

I don't think they are interested in what we think.

• Greenie 1

FFS could someone lock this thread.

Why?

Because you don't like it?

No forum rules have been broken and some of us would like to carry on reading it.

If you don't like it then don't click on the topic! It really isn't rocket science.

Or go live somewhere like China where free speech isn't allowed.

Why?

No forum rules have been broken and some of us would like to carry on reading it.

If you don't like it then don't click on the topic! It really isn't rocket science.

Is he not exercising his right to freedom of speech, by voicing his objection to the continual bumping of this thread?

Is he not exercising his right to freedom of speech, by voicing his objection to the continual bumping of this thread?

He's perfectly entitled to express that view, but that wasn't what he said.

I object to anyone demanding that a thread be locked because they don't like it.

Don't read it if you don't like it.

He's perfectly entitled to express that view, but that wasn't what he said.

I object to anyone demanding that a thread be locked because they don't like it.

Don't read it if you don't like it.

I object to people being pompous, but I understand that one must be slow to judge on the internet.

If you're being so literal about it, where did I say I didn't "like" the thread? Clearly I was expressing a degree of frustration at the OPs spamming his original post. Apologies if you were unable to comprehend that.

Edited by PiRSqwared

I object to people being pompous, but I understand that one must be slow to judge on the internet.

If you're being so literal about it, where did I say I didn't "like" the thread? Clearly I was expressing a degree of frustration at the OPs spamming his original post. Apologies if you were unable to comprehend that.

So let's go back to the post I objected to.

FFS could someone lock this thread.

Then you should have voiced your objection to pomposity rather than trying to censure the forum by asking for the thread to be locked.

My comprehension is fine thank you!

Edited by Ange

So let's go back to the post I objected to.

Then you should have voiced your objection to pomposity rather than trying to censure the forum by asking for the thread to be locked.

My comprehension is fine thank you!

No, I don't think it is.

No, I don't think it is.

ok, enlighten me please.

and let's do away with the cowardly initials

"--- could someone lock this thread" meant what? If I'm being too literal what did you mean?

Edited by Liam
Swear word removed

ok, enlighten me please.

and let's do away with the cowardly initials

"--- could someone lock this thread" meant what? If I'm being too literal what did you mean?

I've already explained. Sorry you couldn't comprehend.

Edited by Liam
quoted swear word removed

I've already explained. Sorry you couldn't comprehend.

As far a debating goes that rates pretty poor to me - in fact I consider it a win because you're unable to defend your post and instead pretend that it's my deficiency. I'm happy with that.

As far a debating goes that rates pretty poor to me - in fact I consider it a win because you're unable to defend your post and instead pretend that it's my deficiency. I'm happy with that.

Yes, explaining I've already explained something is definitely an admission of defeat. I'm so happy for you that you consider yourself such a winner.

Still couldn't work out that it was you I was calling pompous though, could you? Should I call that a win? Should I be happy?

Edited by PiRSqwared

Yes, explaining I've already explained something is definitely an admission of defeat. I'm so happy for you that you consider yourself such a winner.

Still couldn't work out that it was you I was calling pompous though, could you? Should I call that a win? Should I be happy?

:lol: I'm not going to bother any more tonight - I have to say I see you replying and wait ... and wait ... and wait ... and go out for a fag, come back ... and wait - for nothing worth reading! Good night

Ok. Sweet dreams. :)

And you :)

ETA this internetty stuff is far too one dimensional - if we had this discussion in a pub we'd end up laughing together I'm sure.

Now I am going to bed!

Edited by Ange

Thanks for the constant "nagging", Laurence. Without that we probably wouldn't have got round to joining. We like the feeling that, as non boaters, with C&RT we can contribute financially to the canals, and that the money is going to be spent to improve the environment for all users.

We don't have a car, so the window sticker will go in the window of our house, 2 minutes walk from the Macclesfield canal, and hopefully help advertise the existance of C&RT to people walking past.

• Greenie 2

1342301518[/url]' post='906279']

2000 views, 100+ replies, 12 signed up .............. Chugg on!

Why?

Well thats the end of the discussion on CaRT, now it will be freedom of speech

Thanks for the constant "nagging", Laurence. Without that we probably wouldn't have got round to joining. We like the feeling that, as non boaters, with C&RT we can contribute financially to the canals, and that the money is going to be spent to improve the environment for all users.

We don't have a car, so the window sticker will go in the window of our house, 2 minutes walk from the Macclesfield canal, and hopefully help advertise the existance of C&RT to people walking past.

This is good to hear. You are exactly the people C&RT want to attract with the friend scheme -- people who don't have a boat but use the canal or live nearby. That's why the scheme will pay for projects such as towpaths, tree planting, and bird boxes, and why there's no mention of boating. I read somewhere that C&RT aren't expecting boaters to become friends (although they'd be delighted if they did); it's people who don't already contribute financially directly that they're aiming for.

Have a greenie nice to see non boaters are happy to support CaRT

And you :)

ETA this internetty stuff is far too one dimensional - if we had this discussion in a pub we'd end up laughing together I'm sure.

Now I am going to bed!

Having met and drunk with both of you I can say I f you did meet in a pub you probably would end up laughing and having a great night :-)