Hillmorton locks info please!

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

and how many more greenies you will have collected on the way.

These may help...

tissues.jpg

hehe.gif

Seriously though, Starry is a great example of "we all had to start somewhere" thumbsup.gif

Starry, fantastic - you've made me go all gooey eyed and blubbery. You are doing well and achieving what a while ago you may have never thought possible - good on ya.

Every body are what they are (or should it be is what they is?)

We love you for who you are and I for one have avidly followed your achievements.

:cheers:

6285605515_06d7e03a77.jpg

I had followed Star's trials and tribulations with a boatyard that seemed to do it's best to make sure that she would never really own a boat that floats. She fought on and heexasperationon seemed to come out of the laptop speakers!! Working in Rugby one late October day, I remembered that it was supposed to be launch day and arrived just as CarlT and Star were turning out of the marina for the first short trip. (I have held back the pirate bandana picture for future blackmail attempts.)

Following that, I got to know Star and I hope she has become a great friend. Her determination to learn, from a base knowledge of zero is inspiring and, watching her glide Reginald round Braunston - (I was a mere passenger with video camera), she could have been doing it for years. (She also now knows after mooring up Old Friends, that different boats gear boxes require different uses of force to operate them!!!).

I am sure that soon we will have HNBOStar in HNBOC on the water.

:cheers:

Edited by matty40s

You've stood your ground in debates, and not been bowed by the 'forum mafia'

Some would say she allowed a member of the mythical "forum mafia" to steer her boat on her maiden voyage.

I can assure my fellow wise guys that I did indeed make her an offer she couldn't refuse and her horse's head curry was a culinary delight.

Drove Reg in the Braunston rally... It's all a bit nuts really, for the girl that had never set foot on a narrowboat and was living in a Peckham basement flat with bars on the windows this time last year. :blink:

did you escape or get a pardon?

Good to see taxpayers' money being spent on essential stuff, instead of throwing it away on education and health.

Er, fly tipping is a health issue, isn't it? I think most of us would be pretty quick to complain if local authorities did not take it seriously.

Good to see taxpayers' money being spent on essential stuff, instead of throwing it away on education and health.

True.

Flytippers used to be an unnecessary drain on my budget but those that reported it were not the problem.

Edited to add: Mind you, if a name and address is found in the rubbish charging back was never a problem.

Edited by carlt

Yes, yes, all of that - of course. But did you ever get the blasted lid off your water tank filler?

And have you worked out how to get someone's unwanted paving slab ballast from a different canal-side location in Braunston to where the boat is immovably moored ? :lol:

Oh Godddd, I'd totally forgotten that. :blush:

Matty got the top off my water tank. It was actually quite difficult and took a load of WD40, stern grease and a hammer, rather than it just being me being a div!

Edited by Starcoaster

And have you worked out how to get someone's unwanted paving slab ballast from a different canal-side location in Braunston to where the boat is immovably moored ? :lol:

I thought that was a new angle on the getting a fox, chicken and sack of grain across the river puzzle.