The Cornish Pasties are saved

matty40s

Featured Posts

At last, protest leads to results,

the government has caved in to the Pasty Protests on Canalworld (and elsewhere) and withdrawn it's threatened tax.

For some reason, it has also withdrawn the Caravan tax as well, although we didn't assist on that one...

At last, protest leads to results,

the government has caved in to the Pasty Protests on Canalworld (and elsewhere) and withdrawn it's threatened tax.

For some reason, it has also withdrawn the Caravan tax as well, although we didn't assist on that one...

And Greggs now sell frozen pasties and sausage rolls in Iceland!!!

Never mind those namby-pamby pasties. It's also good news for the beautiful freshly-baked pork pies from Bradley's Bakery of Ashton under Lyne. If you time your purchase right, you can get one from has only recently come out of the oven. In that condition they are scrumptious and irresistible. Your Gregg's pasty couldn't hold a crumb up to them!

Edited by MartinClark

Never mind those namby-pamby pasties. It's also good news for the beautiful freshly-baked pork pies from Bradley's Bakery of Ashton under Lyne. If you time your purchase right, you can get one from has only recently come out of the oven. In that condition they are scrumptious and irresistible. Your Gregg's pasty couldn't hold a crumb up to them!

A Greggs pasty couldn't hold a crumb up to a dog turd.

• Greenie 1

Whilst the "Caravan Tax" reduction is very welcome news for 7,000 workers in East Yorkshire, the U-turn hasn't been driven by the desire to protect jobs and business but as a result of pressure from wealthy land-owning site owners, including one very vocal Tory Party Constituency chairwoman in Suffolk who threatened to take her membership elsewhere as the tax would, allegedly, bankrupt her

so lets have the vat taken off fish and chips , then we can all be equal :banghead:

In many ways I'd agree, I can see a distinction between eating in and takeaway, but between hot and cold takeaway seems an odd one (although both are difficult to define, a chip shop with a bench that someone then eats there food at?)

Whilst the "ambient temperature" proposals for VAT were daft, no one should be called an arse for admitting they made a mistake. I wish more politicians would admit they'd screwed up, the country would be run better.

Bit late to this discussion but VAT has not been stopped on hot take a way if it has been kept warm.

Hot food 'take a way' is only '0' rated if it is straight from the cooking process.

Similar to a loaf of bread,.

If the item is still hot from it being cooked it is '0' rated but if kept warm it will be VAT rated (20%)

Bit late to this discussion but VAT has not been stopped on hot take a way if it has been kept warm.

Hot food 'take a way' is only '0' rated if it is straight from the cooking process.

Similar to a loaf of bread,.

If the item is still hot from it being cooked it is '0' rated but if kept warm it will be VAT rated (20%)

80% eating 20% propulsion, not if you are a liveaboard c/cruiser surely :unsure:

I celebrated the news today by having a Gregg's (until recently called "Baker's Oven" around here) cornish pasty for lunch. The last one I had was, I think, £1.10. Today's cost £1.40. Doubtless when the VAT rate went up the company slapped on an extra bit of profit margin, hoping that no one would notice.

I celebrated the news today by having a Gregg's (until recently called "Baker's Oven" around here) cornish pasty for lunch. The last one I had was, I think, £1.10. Today's cost £1.40. Doubtless when the VAT rate went up the company slapped on an extra bit of profit margin, hoping that no one would notice.

I can't believe that any business would be so unscrupulous. I mean, garages always adjust their pump prices in line with the drop in oil prices.

• Greenie 2

I can't believe that any business would be so unscrupulous. I mean, garages always adjust their pump prices in line with the drop in oil prices.

ah, dominic, they always change them.

when the supplier says the price is going up, it's a race to shut the pumps and raise the price asap (therefore selling up to 300,000l at a large service station at the new price(although having paid the old))

When the price is dropping, the notification comes through, and it's hang fire on the price change until the delivery tanker is on the forecourt ready to deliver.

ah, dominic, they always change them.

when the supplier says the price is going up, it's a race to shut the pumps and raise the price asap (therefore selling up to 300,000l at a large service station at the new price(although having paid the old))

When the price is dropping, the notification comes through, and it's hang fire on the price change until the delivery tanker is on the forecourt ready to deliver.

Surely not, Matty. You've destroyed my faith in humanity in one single post. Next you're going to tell me that London's streets are not paved with gold, and the tooth fairy is a lie. I'm bereft.

Surely not, Matty. You've destroyed my faith in humanity in one single post. Next you're going to tell me that London's streets are not paved with gold, and the tooth fairy is a lie. I'm bereft.

well, after running watford gap and northampton's BP's for a few years, it was nuff sed an dun.

year 2007/8 we made an extra £139,000 quid by getting it right!!!!

Bakers oven have been owned by Greggs for at least 20 years, they have just rebranded.

Bakers oven have been owned by Greggs for at least 20 years, they have just rebranded.

Oh, I don't doubt it - I just wonder why they bothered to switch from a good, evocative name to a boring one, when the Baker's Oven brand was so well established and liked.