The boat that Guy built

sharpness

Featured Posts

Top man who lives life as it should be..you get one life and there are lots of boats to enjoy.

Ali.

Guy is a twat the waterways did not need. I am sick of stag boat partys playing the jumping off the bridge on to the boat roof game. He needs locking up.

Guy is a twat the waterways did not need. I am sick of stag boat partys playing the jumping off the bridge on to the boat roof game. He needs locking up.

:rolleyes: wrong time of the month old boy ?

I'm watching it now and do you know what? I like it!

He is a thoroughly nice guy and if you remember that the series is not made for boaters it is actually very entertaining

I'm laughing all the way through it and I suspect that was at least half of the objective

Well I enjoyed it, but didn't take it too seriously either...

I thought the beeb had found a reasonable replacement for Fred Dibnah which was never going to be easy...

one of the few programmes that i found a lot of people at work had also watched and enjoyed and that can't be a bad thing for canals.

I also think his attitude to health and safety was just what we need more of, including the bridge jumping antics which of course I'd never do (too old and sensible)- for someone used to riding motorbikes at 150Mph plus that must have been a walk in the park...

I don't know the details of his motor-cycling career, but I do remember thinking at the time of the series' original transmission that Guy was a TV "natural". I'm surprised that he has not appeared on telly more often since.

He will - he`s got a three year contract. all round good chap in my view.

NO fat boy he may be able to ride a bike but he should stay away from the waterways.

I'm sure he wished he had done!

On that rainy day painting, the dick head jumped on the back of the boat 'goaded by his director' slipped and shoved his front teeth up in to his nose on the swan neck of Reckless as he fell in the cut,

Its all there on his blog how he is going to get used to false teeth etc. some of us were unfortunate to be there.

Edited by Ark Right

I'm sure he wished he had done!

On that rainy day painting, the dick head jumped on the back of the boat 'goaded by his director' slipped and shoved his front teeth up in to his nose on the swan neck of Reckless as he fell in the cut,

Its all there on his blog how he is going to get used to false teeth etc. some of us were unfortunate to be there.

I'm not sure why you would call him a dick head.

In the first programme it is made clear that neither he nor his mate have ever had anything to do with a narrowboat before so it seems to me that he is bound to make mistakes and a lot of them since he is at that stage where his learning curve is very steep.

Were you part of the filming crew or something so have information the rest of us don't have?

Chill out guys! I also watched the last series and found the repaeats even funnier! Surely part of boating is being able to laugh at the stupid things us "boaters" get up to, evevn the unintentional ones! :rolleyes:

They both seem like a pair of fun blokes having a laugh and trying things they have never done before.

I would love to have caught up with them for a chat on their travels, although I'm not sure I would have managed it it my boat. :D

My assumed mate Honor Blackman is on telly at 3pm in the film ''A night to remember''but i don't remember the night at all!!I don't think i'd have forgotten if it was ''the night''though. :mellow:

Roy Ward Baker who directed "A Night to Remember" also directed some of the "Avengers" TV series.

The last time I was at his house he was using his Oscar as a door stop in his loo.

:)

Edited by Laurie.Booth

The best bit of the whole series has to be Guy describing the Lister JP2 as "twin cylinder, overhead cam", pointing to the raised hand-start....

At least he did get the HP right at 18hp!! but I would really like to see this overhead cam JP. must be a feature I havent seen on the 100 or so I have rebuilt lol.

Have you ever considered taking up a career as The Daily Mail's Art Critic?

He's right though. It is stupid and Guy comes across as as smart as my whippet!

And he might be a nice guy but he's a dreadful presenter, chief. And his name should not be in the same sentence as Dibnah's, chief. Caught unawares, Guy thought cotton came from a sheep's back, chief! Twice.

D

Edited by G4YVM

Along with learning how to make soap from fat and lye and how to make a steam-powered water pump, etc, I think Guy should also have taken a few lessons in how to steer a boat.

I agree after seeing him attempt to moore up bouncing off other boats laughing about it as he went without apology!

Have you ever considered taking up a career as The Daily Mail's Art Critic?

:lol: No but I might look into it.

I wanted to see a guy build a boat like title says. Stuff like fitting it out and wiring up the alternator and starter motor and stuff like that so I could see what Im doing wrong.

I don't want to know how to make tins to put my beans in as im happy with tinned baked beans from the shop and all the other crap he does.

:lol: No but I might look into it.

I wanted to see a guy build a boat like title says. Stuff like fitting it out and wiring up the alternator and starter motor and stuff like that so I could see what Im doing wrong.

I don't want to know how to make tins to put my beans in as im happy with tinned baked beans from the shop and all the other crap he does.

Like most stuff on the gogglebox, it has to be recognised as purely dumbed-down entertainment rather than anything meaningful.