Ebay vintage engine sales

MtB

Featured Posts

It appears to have two gearboxes actually. If not, what is the big lump between the PRM 160D and the engine proper?

The drive housing to accomodate the adaptor to PRM input shaft. Seems long I know but very similar in looks to the one on my JP2M which also accomodates a PRM box. I suspect the original Kelvin gearbox accepts the crankshaft output directly hence the compact coupling since it doesn't need an adaptor.

Edited by by'eck

The bloke selling that Kelvin P4 with what looks like a PRM gearbox, is a complete moron. The errant description was pointed out to him when first advertised as well as the likely value (£500 or so) but he persists time and again wacko.png

Be fair he has dropped the price by £5000.

Must be a bargain!

This one looks to be a better buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281847963870

Regards kris

Talking about engines that keep appearing on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/131116407963

This one must have been on for over a year.

You'd think they would at least try dropping the price abit.

Regards kris

This is a funny one it keeps going up in price, at first it was £2700. Then it went to £3000, now it's £3500. I wonder what it will end up at?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121812687381&globalID=EBAY-GB

Regards kris

Perhaps the more we look and add it to our "watched item" lists, the higher the asking price will go? A strange approach by the seller but who knows.

This is a funny one it keeps going up in price, at first it was £2700. Then it went to £3000, now it's £3500. I wonder what it will end up at?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121812687381&globalID=EBAY-GB

Regards kris

I wonder if each time it sells, and the buyer re-lists it to make a quick profit...

(When I sold my BD3 I listed it at £2.5k first time around. No bids. Second time I listed it at £5k. Sold it off ebay to someone seeing the ebay listing for £4.5k!)

I wonder if each time it sells, and the buyer re-lists it to make a quick profit...

(When I sold my BD3 I listed it at £2.5k first time around. No bids. Second time I listed it at £5k. Sold it off ebay to someone seeing the ebay listing for £4.5k!)

It's gone up this much in 4days on the same listing.

Regards kris

Yup, an industrial. Flywheel's on the wrong end for a marine unit, and it doesn't have the marine water cooled exhaust.

What is involved in converting a fixed speed engine to variable speed? Is it just a matter of playing about with springs on the speed control, or does it involve difficult/expensive internal changes to the governor mechanism (involving parts with similar availability to rocking horse excreta)?

Might be tricky bolting on a gearbox though...

Usually involves drilling the crankcase to take the studding for attachment of PRM gearbox adaptor after fitting flywheel on front of engine, both as per JP marine versions. That's if its done properly to provide close coupling.

Others just leave the flywheel in situ and mount engine and PRM box on common mounting rails with flex coupling.

I'm particularly liking the six cylinder manifold with two ports hanging off each side

Beyond that - is it an engine?

Richard

More like a four cylinder manifold and certainly not a K2 as described. Maybe half an E4 as shown below?

3.JPG