How do you keep entertained?

Flocal

Featured Posts

How do you keep yourselves entertained in the winter months?

Summer is eazy, dog walks, bbq's, fires, jollys to other places ect.

Obviously if you sit in all night watching TV you are draining the batteries from 6ish till bed and beyond some nights, something i dont fancy getting into really.

Just wondered. :cheers:

Obviously if you sit in all night watching TV you are draining the batteries from 6ish till bed and beyond some nights, something i dont fancy getting into really.

Edited to remove an unnecessary post that look amusing but in hindsight didn't

Chris-B

Edited by Chris-B

I don't understand why this should be any different to living in a house.

My dog required walking all year round and winter walks are just as entertaining as summer ones.

All the pastimes you describe are just as much fun in the winter (BBQs in crispy snow are great ).

It's like asking "How do you keep yourself entertained when there is no snow to build a snowman?"

I invest much more time in my internet addiction.

I never have time to get bored anyway - once I've walked the dog, looked after other boaters dogs,organised and attended the local Buddhist groups meetings, been shopping, visited friends and relatives, done some work, surfed the internet, moderated cwdf and cleaned the boat there isn't time to do anything else, certainly no time to watch telly (one of the reasons we don't have one).

buy cheap musical instruments on ebay and try to play them.

It also keeps me free of neighbours.

I am currently murdering the flute, slaughtering the guitar and commiting harp on a daily basis.

A decent flute for example needn't cost more than £30/40 and will still be worth roughly the same when you give it up.

• Greenie 1

Root vegetables are the answer, clean them, sort them, then catalogue them according to size shape etc.

Never a dull moment with a box of turnips

That's quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read on here.

My life is clearly boring but it did make me snot gin all over my mac.

buy cheap musical instruments on ebay and try to play them.

It also keeps me free of neighbours.

I am currently murdering the flute, slaughtering the guitar and commiting harp on a daily basis.

A decent flute for example needn't cost more than £30/40 and will still be worth roughly the same when you give it up.

Thats a good idea

This one always makes me laugh we do err precisely the same in the winter as the summer except we dont lite the barby as often....... :cheers:

I love the winter on my boat, mind you I love the summer too!

The only difference is....erm...oh yes...the fire is burning!

busy busy just like in the summer but with more clothes on to keep warm ;) !!

edited coz my spelling is nuts!

Edited by cazberry

I find having the boat in winter means I see far more of the outdoors than I used to in a house. Even if it's just to go and take photo's, being aboard means you are usually in some pretty photogenic locations, and mist tends to rise of the water tantilisingly often.

...and there's light the stove, wine, books, and ........

waiting to fill the blanks.....

:) the best bit about being on my boat is being able to jsut sit and enjoy the beauty of nature all around me and having the time to sit and think as everything is so much more relaxed and tranquil. Its as if time stops still and you can slowly unwind. Plus the added joy of watching boats go by is a plus especially when you hear the sound of a 'thumper engine' on a old old tradditional working boat amble on past you is totally wonderous :)