Fuel Boats Tracking Section

WJM

Featured Posts

Alton has set off from Ellesmere Port this morning heading back to Chester & Beeston today, then Barbridge & Middlewich tomorrow (Sat 22nd), Anderton & Preston Brook (Sun 23rd), River Weaver (Mon 24th), Middlwich & Wheelock (Tues 25th), Red Bull, Congleton & Bosley (Wed 26th), Macclesfield & Marple (Sat 29th), Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth (Sun 30th). This is a planned schedule which may change slightly dependant on traffic, stoppages etc.

If you need supplies of coal, diesel etc just give us a call on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian

PJ Wakeham's boats are in Brentford now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This from INDUS:

"Hi all. I'm running 3 days behind schedule but will finally make Brentford tomorrow. So update as follows. Leave Brentford Friday 28th and make for Kensal rise. Sat 29 through little Venice and camden to st pancras. Sunday into battlebridge basin kings cross then reload on Monday morning 1st Oct through angel to kingsland basin. Tuesday past Broadway market and Vicky park to limehouse. Wed 3rd up to hackney wick and filter beds then as far as Stonebridge on Thursday 4th. Hope this helps, subject to change but be patient, i am on my way. Let me know if you need anything as usual. Thank you. All the best Liz"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, I have no commercial interest, just passing on some info that might be useful.

Tomorrow 2nd October, we're delivering by road in the area effected by the T&M closures at Middlewich & Dutton. So if you are on the Northern T&M and need supplies of coal, diesel, gas etc, just let us know. We have texted all our regulars, but if you can pass the message on to others it would be appreciated. For supplies just give us a text or call on 07791345004. Obviously there is no additional charge for delivery by road.

Cheers, Brian

Liz - INDUS "on the move again, slowly! waited again (kings cross this time) for a fuel delivery, at least they told me early so I could get other stuff done (laundry etc). Moored in kingsland basin tonight, tomorrow making my way down to limehouse then up to springfield park on thursday."

Ariel & Joe are currently on the River Weaver, and as we're trapped between the stoppages at Dutton and Croxton, we will be delivering on the River Weaver between Northwich and Acton Bridge on Friday.

On Saturday and Sunday we'll be at Acton Bridge for the Steam Gathering, and on Monday we'll be heading to Anderton where we'll be going up the lift to deliver to the boats caught on the canal, passing back down onto the River on Tuesday.

We will be fully stocked with diesel and coal, so if you need anything, please ensure you don't miss us by calling or texting Liam or Kerry on 07748 958303.

Not quite sure what you mean by Sawley upwards but: I think Viv (Monach) Tel 07976686130 is selling coal from the boat Whitby in the Trent Lock area, I think Mark on Calisto Tel 07702031718 covers Trent Lock to Fradley (but I could be wrong). Mike Askin on Victoria Tel 07414707110 will soon start selling coal & diesel regularly in the Fradley to Stone area. We (Alton) Tel 07791345004 trade monthly on the Northern T&M from Hardings Wood Jn (Kidsgrove) to Preston Brook Tunnel stoppagesd permitting. And of course there is Liam & Kerry also on the top end of the T&M who have just posted above.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Brian

Sawley to Fradley was being covered by Stokie but that has now been sold.

If anyone has any information about what Stokie is doing now, please let me know so that I can update the "Lock 13" list. (Is Stokie still trading under its new ownership? If so, on which canals and what are the new owner's contact details?)

Hi Martin,

I went past the boat on the way to and from Shackerstone at the beginning of September, on both occasions it was tied up on the south side of Great Haywood on the T&M.

The owner didn't appear to be trading but they could be getting themselves sorted out if they have only just acquired the boat.

Posted on behalf of Mark on Callisto

Mark is at Foxton today (Friday) heading for Braunston via the summit then on down to Warwick early next week.

He will be heading back to the Trent via Braunston, Suttons, Fradley and Sawley once done in Warwick.

07702 031718

Well better late than never, here's the rest Alton's October schedule:-

Thurs 11th: Road deliveries around Macclesfield & surrounding area

Fri 12th: Road deliveries to Northwich & Anderton as well as Hyde, Ashton & Manchester Piccadilly in the afternoon / evening.

Sat 13th: Oakgrove Br 49 Macc to Marple

Sun 14th: Day off to help with the Canal Clean-up on the Lower Peak Forest & Ashton Canal

Mon 15th: Marple to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Tues 16th: Whaley Bridge to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Wed 17th :- Road deliveries to Anderton, Northwich

Fri 19th:- Road deliveries to Chester & Ellesmere Port

Sat 27th - Sun 28th: Oakgrove Br 45 Macc to Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth

Mon 29th - Tues 30th: Bugsworth to Oakgrove Br 49 Macc

Please note the above schedule is our plan but it may vary dependant on traffic, customer volumes & stoppages. So if you need supplies or have any question please give us a call or text on 07791345004 to ensure delivery.

Do any fuel boats trade on the Middle Levels? Our boat is no longer moored here, but we live waterside and have a landing stage. We shall soon want to stock up with house coal for the winter, and if there's a boat selling it we would like to give them our custom.

Electric toaster... oh dear! :lol:

Victoria will be slowly moving from Gailey to Coven and if time allows down to Brewood over the next week, and then down to Market Drayton and back over the weekend.

Please call 07414 707 110 to arrange delivery, or flag me down as I pass.

smallvic.jpg

Cheers,

Mike

Royalty Fuels

When you need the best

Today we've had confirmation that we're booked in for a passage along the Manchester Ship Canal from Marsh Lock on the River Weaver to Pomona Lock on the Bridgewater Canal. This will bring us out of the short pound between the two stoppages on the Trent & Mersey Canal.

We'll be traveling this Saturday 27th October. Once we're back we will be reloading during next week and we'll send a further update on our intended delivery route and time soon.

In the mean time should you need anything please call us on 07748 958303.

Liam.

Tomorrow (Friday 26th October) we're delivering by road to Anderton / Northwich in the area effected by the T&M closures (we'll be doing this on a fortnightly basis throughout the stoppage). Then over the weekend we'll be delivering by boat through Macclesfield, Poynton, Marple, Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth.

If you need supplies just call or text Brian & Ann Marie on 07791345004.

Cheers, Brian