Pump outs

Featured Posts

my mate who used to work and live on working boats said they used to pump there's striaght out into the Humber or any fast flowing river like the Trent.

Do you have your own pump when pumping out. Have you ever used rivers. What's the law on this. I'm sure they don't allow it to be done these days. Do they

I believe that certainly off-shore one can pump human waste into the sea, but with excellent facilities (and some not-so-excellent) at pump-out stations, why would anyone want to pollute the water with their sh*te?

If coastal resorts have (at last!) realised that pumping excrement into the sea isn't healthy, isn't good for business and isn't clever, surely those intelligent enough to steer a boat would realise it too?

Yes your right, serious health problem come from dumped waste. But 20 yrs ago it was the normal thing to do dump it into rivers.

Still is on the Gt Ouse an possibly the Nen

very strange feeling using a sea toilet on the river.......

Still is on the Gt Ouse an possibly the Nen

very strange feeling using a sea toilet on the river.......

When i was a teenager we used to go on a friends parents cruiser on the Ouse, i often wondered why his dad used to remind us to keep our mouths shut if we fell in ..... :blink:

They all use the same size connection.

Sue

That may well be so but the fitting on the boat may vary in depth. I think older pump out fittings are slightly shorter than modern ones so it becomes impossible/very difficult to get a good seal between the probe and fitting. Many yards either buy or make up an adaptor that screws into the fitting on the boat and is deep enough for the probe to get a good seal. Lea Sanitation sell such adaptors and if there is a minor variation in probe diameter the fitting allows you to "squash" the sealing O ring to make the i.d. slightly smaller.

That may well be so but the fitting on the boat may vary in depth. I think older pump out fittings are slightly shorter than modern ones so it becomes impossible/very difficult to get a good seal between the probe and fitting. Many yards either buy or make up an adaptor that screws into the fitting on the boat and is deep enough for the probe to get a good seal. Lea Sanitation sell such adaptors and if there is a minor variation in probe diameter the fitting allows you to "squash" the sealing O ring to make the i.d. slightly smaller.

The boat fittings have two different threads too. Ages ago we bought the wrong adapter from Lee Sanitation

Richard

Edited by RLWP

Or try inserting a polystyrene cup with the bottom cut off.

My mate who used to work and live on working boats said they used to pump their's striaght out into the Humber or any fast flowing river like the Trent.

Do you have your own pump when pumping out. Have you ever used rivers. What's the law on this. I'm sure they don't allow it to be done these days. Do they

Don't sea cocks have to be padlocked in port?

When I worked ships in the Caribbean...I recall going to a little bar that was at shore side.

I went to use the loo..and discovered it was just a seat...supported over the sea..

I went back....cancelled my fish...and opted for the burger !!

bob

When I worked ships in the Caribbean...I recall going to a little bar that was at shore side.

I went to use the loo..and discovered it was just a seat...supported over the sea..

I went back....cancelled my fish...and opted for the burger !!

bob

Hence the term heads on a boat. The crew did their business with bums precariously hanging off a board slung outside the bows.

The concession to privacy was that only their heads were visible to the rest of the crew, with additional economies in loo paper when in heavy seas :lol:

Edited by richardhula