Braunston Historic Narrowboat Rally 25th-26th June

Bones

Featured Posts

snip> Ah, some shots of the "floating patio"!.....

Actually that's much appreciated, David - the one thing you don't really end up with is any pictures of yourself actually using your own boat!.

If we ever get around to completing a blog entry for the weekend, do you mind if I pinch at least one of them, (with a suitable credit to you as photographer, of course....) ?

No Problem, The first one is a cropped down image of a larger photo, and both have been reduced in size to speed up downloading, I also have a couple more which are basicly of the back end. I can send them all to you if you PM me your email address.

Edited by David Schweizer

Regarding the Narrow Boat Trust.....

Hello Alan,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to post a well thought out and reasoned comment about the trust.

You and I have had a few very interesting chats of late and I do like your very constructive attitude about the Trust.

Forum members,

While our membership fee is very low the active members put in a tremendous amount of there own money by way of - transport costs - things that get bought for the boats and the money not reclaimed and the hundreds of unpaid hours of labour. As some of you might know I make the chimneys for the boats, again at no cost to the trust it all comes out of my pocket. But the plus side is I get to go working boat boating again after many years of not being able to. I sold my pair Stamford and Bude in 1986 and until I joined the trust had not been on the canals since that date.

As someone else pointed out when a member leaves the Trust ( in my case it will be in a wooden box ) we take nothing with us. A private owner will expect to recoup his outgoings on repairs etc plus any increase in the boats value.

If any one would like more details regarding the crewing aspect of the trust then please go to the Trust web site, http://www.narrowboattrust.org.uk

All my contact information is there for all to see and if you want to email,write or phone please do so

Regards

Barry Adams

NBT crewing co-ordinator

A few pictures from the weekend, Best seen as slideshow (Button top right corner):

A rather damp Friday evening!

Enjoy

Tim

Absolutely amazing pictures! They really are breath-taking. Finally found a picture of me on the Ibex, didn't dream it then!

A few pictures from the weekend, Best seen as slideshow (Button top right corner):

Enjoy

Tim

Why isn't Linnet on here? A girl could get quite upset that she didn't get on a stream of over a hundred photos :lol:

Good photos Tim :)

Did anyone see NB Perch.

The last time we saw it, it was in 2 pieces. They were hoping to take it this year but not sure if they managed it.

Cheers

Ian

It was certainly there and it took part in Sunday's parade, will post a picture if I don't get home too late tonight.

Tim

Enjoy

Tim

Thanks very much Tim, you wrote "Enjoy", and that's what I really did.

I must have watched them at least 10 times as slides, and then several times 1 at the time, absolutely great stuff.

If you (or someone else) could give me some info about 2 boats that looked quite different from the others I would be even happier.

The first boat you can see on photo 22 in the middle of the picture, and again on photo 41 as 2nd from the right, and again on photo 75 middle boat.

The second boat is on photo 80, of which you can only see the bows at the extreme left.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks very much Tim, you wrote "Enjoy", and that's what I really did.

I must have watched them at least 10 times as slides, and then several times 1 at the time, absolutely great stuff.

If you (or someone else) could give me some info about 2 boats that looked quite different from the others I would be even happier.

The first boat you can see on photo 22 in the middle of the picture, and again on photo 41 as 2nd from the right, and again on photo 75 middle boat.

The second boat is on photo 80, of which you can only see the bows at the extreme left.

Cheers,

Peter.

First one looks like a day boat conversion:

IMG7536-M.jpg

The other is small tug that is moored there normally:

IMG4837-M.jpg

I know it doesn't help much, but at least people can look at the pictures.

Cheers,

Mike

First one looks like a day boat conversion:

IMG7536-M.jpg

The other is small tug that is moored there normally:

IMG4837-M.jpg

I know it doesn't help much, but at least people can look at the pictures.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike,

At least I know a little bit more about those boats now, and would be very happy if someone has a photo with more/all of that tug on it.

Cheers,

Peter.