Toilets.......................

Dibbo

Featured Posts

thetford c250

To be clear, the normal Thetford C250 is still plastic bowled, I believe.

You need the "C250 Ceramic Bowl"

:cheers:

Do NOT buy the Dometic 365 I bought one last year, the cassettes leak and they are basically crap.

I can't believe the "King of the Cassette" has just laid himself so open!........

Waiting for the pump-out mob to open fire!.........

fitted a ceramic bowled c250 for someone last week

I can't believe the "King of the Cassette" has just laid himself so open!........

however, after fitting it, i still much prefer my pumpout with heated seat :)

Edited by jenlyn

Believe Thetford do a cassette model with the option of a remote pump out tank. Best of both worlds?

Believe Thetford do a cassette model with the option of a remote pump out tank. Best of both worlds?

As you then have an onerous trek to the pump out station followed by a long wait and a wrestle with a stinky pipe, plus a walk in the rain lugging a heavy cassette which you then slop down your trousers, isn't that the worst of both worlds?

Thanks, excellent advert. made me laugh out loud, didn't want to be a txt junky then , despite my sons ( who's watching me at this mo') insistance on that's the way it's done Dad.

Yes it's okay, except that anyone who still has a Hymer has not actually been camping "all the way" yet.

As you then have an onerous trek to the pump out station followed by a long wait and a wrestle with a stinky pipe, plus a walk in the rain lugging a heavy cassette which you then slop down your trousers, isn't that the worst of both worlds?

:D

Ok I will bite.

Firstly the Dometic cassette system was crap ( pardon the pun ) so I simply took it out binned it and bought a good old Thetford, and secondly ( Nine of Hearts ) why is it some people have not the intelligence to understand that a walk in the rain is unnecessary, we with cassettes simply take the boat with us as pumpout people do we then step off the boat empty the cassette and set off again whilst the pumpout brigade pisses around with pipes and pumps and precious BEER MONEY and pray there is one available at the right time etc etc etc ............. :banghead:

Well - currently on the sourthern GU - Below Ricky to Little venice,,

Baron offers a boatside pump out service for a mere 10.00 squid, which saves the grief all round and is good value compared to several local marinas...

Plus you can get diesel gas and coal at the same time..

Jenlyn - yove actually impress me in having a heated seat - nice touch...

Ive plumbed our pump out to flush on hot - as this brings hot water to the tap quicker and saves running cold longer.... hopefully saving a pint or two a day..

good to see another loo thread going....... going gone.

Ive plumbed our pump out to flush on hot - as this brings hot water to the tap quicker and saves running cold longer.... hopefully saving a pint or two a day..

Do you REALLY think that adding hot water to the crap tank is a good idea?

Well - currently on the sourthern GU - Below Ricky to Little venice,,

Baron offers a boatside pump out service for a mere 10.00 squid, which saves the grief all round and is good value compared to several local marinas...

Plus you can get diesel gas and coal at the same time..

Jenlyn - yove actually impress me in having a heated seat - nice touch...

good to see another loo thread going....... going gone.

you should try that ariel, it works as low as 15 degrees

Poo stew :P

part of his 5 a day?

Do you REALLY think that adding hot water to the crap tank is a good idea?

I think Strads' idea is to flush with cold water from the hot system, so that the water from the hot tap is already hot at hand washing time, rather than having to run off some cold before it gets hot (IYSWIM :rolleyes: )

However, if there was a queue, then subsequent flushes would indeed be hot. If the tank is properly vented, this shouldn't be a problem, though. :blink:

Iain

Edited by Iain_S