So how many boats have you owned?

zenataomm

Featured Posts

Part-owned:-

Leeds & Liverpool Short Boat 62' x 14' Edith 1935 (?)(ex-Psi)

Sheffield barge (Keel) 61'6" x 15'9" Beecliffe (1927, motorised 1935?) + traditional wooden cog boat

(Not very good on the dates)

Owned:-

Bantocks day boat, 1890s, shortened by & for myself to 60' & later converted & fitted out by me for someone else, now called Alfred

Small Woolwich motor Themis 1935

Large Woolwich motor Dover 1936

GP14 sailing dinghy

Own:- Upper Thames tug Kennet 35' x 9' 1931

Tim

Edited by Timleech

Family owned in early 1970s....

19 foot Ex BW "Water Baby" Hire Boat, (plywood construction).

Owned later 1970s

40 ft shortened BCN day boat, ex Stewarts & LLoyds, Coombeswood tube works, claimed as 1898. Possibly a Bantock.

Owned now

50ft Evans & Sons "trad" style boat.

(There's also a big inflatable in the loft still, but it's been there so long, I have no idea if it still would inflate!).

Erm over 50 in 8 years :lol: here's some of the one's i can remember

Little acorn

hardwick

Chanson Damour

eagles providence

spetze

eagles providence

pimpernel

May Queen

kirnick

London Pride

Tansy

freshford

merely a whim

Jenny Anne

Samara

Kirnick

gwadnitram

narrow escape

ours

pipistrell

jaquamanda

umbra

Anybody recognise the above, drop me a pm, would love to know how there doing :lol:

Pipistrelle, the one that is in the picture, is moored in Wakefield, on the Wharf.

We have had 3 boats

1st boat is a Callumcraft 1974 cabin cruiser

2nd is a 36 ft narrowboat of 70`s vintage.

3rd is a newly accquired Springer widebeam 1985, originally built for TVam, then spent a long time as a trip boat at York and now undergoing refurb, to be our home.

Edited by Madmark62

Erm over 50 in 8 years :lol: here's some of the one's i can remember

Little acorn

hardwick

Chanson Damour

eagles providence

spetze

eagles providence

pimpernel

May Queen

kirnick

London Pride

Tansy

freshford

merely a whim

Jenny Anne

Samara

Kirnick

gwadnitram

narrow escape

ours

pipistrell

jaquamanda

umbra

Anybody recognise the above, drop me a pm, would love to know how there doing :lol:

okay canalman, i can't resist. there must be a story behind this - 50+ in 8 years?

please! tell us!

cheers

nigel

EDIT to add oh yes, and we have had two. 19' two seat kayak. and 20' Fairline (think she would be the deluxe as well). still have this one but will be faced with an awful decision when we get the 57' nb currently in build. may have to tearfully say farewell.

Edited by capnthommo

okay canalman, i can't resist. there must be a story behind this - 50+ in 8 years?

please! tell us!

cheers

nigel

EDIT to add oh yes, and we have had two. 19' two seat kayak. and 20' Fairline (think she would be the deluxe as well). still have this one but will be faced with an awful decision when we get the 57' nb currently in build. may have to tearfully say farewell.

I just have a lot of fun with boats :lol:

I just have a lot of fun with boats :lol:

Yes, me too, and I lost count many years ago.

I would guess in excess of a hundred, if you count canoes, dinghies, tin baths and inflatables.

I still have ambitions, though. I've never owned a keel, though travelled on many and would like to rescue one, before the last unconverted ones are all cut up or made into grotesque liveaboards

If Guidance (the last wooden Sheffield size keel) ever came on the market then that would do nicely.

3rd is a newly accquired Springer widebeam 1985, originally built for TVam, then spent a long time as a trip boat at York and now undergoing refurb, to be our home.

So THAT's where the wide Springer has gone! The poor thing was on Apollo Duck for donkey's ages! You must have played a nail-biting waiting game while the seller progressively reduced the price. Are you going to retain the rooftop sun deck?

Sounds like you had a lucky escape!

Coat, please.

I'll even help you into it for that one..... :lol:

1 = 20 ft Cruiser of unknown ilk.. (An Dara Seans)

2 = 27 ft Elysian Cruiser.. (Ely Rose)

3 = 40 ft narrowboat of unknown ilk.. (Rúinsearc)

Still have all 3.

So THAT's where the wide Springer has gone! The poor thing was on Apollo Duck for donkey's ages! You must have played a nail-biting waiting game while the seller progressively reduced the price. Are you going to retain the rooftop sun deck?

We waited until he dropped his price to a more realistic region, we looked at the boat and decide on what we were prepared to pay and told him, then waited until he said yes. Then he tried to tell us that others had offered more , once we had agreed to buy, so I told him to sell the others it as we were not prepared to match their price. sold it to us in the end.

we are keeping the sundeck for now, it may go in a while, but for now it stays. The railings collapse in less than 5 mins and it is somewhere for the dogs to lay in the sun(optimistic maybe :lol: ).

Got a lot of work to do, but we are under way with it and so far so good.

Best thing of all is the 10kva hydraulic generator , loving that one.

wish I could spell lol :lol:

Edited by Madmark62

We waited until he dropped his price to a more realistic region, we looked at the boat and decide on what we were prepared to pay and told him, then waited until he said yes. Then he tried to tell us that others had offered more , once we had agreed to buy, so I told him to sell the others it as we were not prepared to match their price. sold it to us in the end.

we are keeping the sundeck for now, it may go in a while, but for now it stays. The railings collapse in less than 5 mins and it is somewhere for the dogs to lay in the sun(optimistic maybe :lol: ).

Got a lot of work to do, but we are under way with it and so far so good.

Best thing of all is the 10kva hydraulic generator , loving that one.

wish I could spell lol :lol:

Any photos of this creation?

Norman 20 - 1987 - 1992 (I used to go to sea in that )

Sealine 22 sport - 1992 - 2000 - went to sea in that too - Caledonian Canal - Mull etc

Shetland Family 4 - 2000 - still got it - does anyone want to buy it - cheap to a good home!

52 ft Reeves/Milburn modern trad 1998 - now

Just one - bought on retirement.

Before that we hired for up to six weeks each year and did most of the known canal universe - including some bits I would not fancy going to in my own boat and some (like the Brecknock & Abergavenny) that I can't.

3 Boats, starting in 1997.

"Swanmore", 57 ' Colecraft shell, fitted by Cowroast Marina at Fenny Compton, showboat in 97 Braunston Show. Built 1997. Sold because we wanted more space

"Vigornia", 65', Liverpool shell, fitted by Bridgewater Boats (I think). Cheap boat, expensive fittings. Built 1997

"Jasmine", 70', non-standard Reeves shell, looks a bit like a Norton Canes boat, RN DM2 engine, "all mod cons" in the front; strictly trad from the engine room back. Fitted out by Bluehaven in 2002.

plus toy yacht, lost at sea (Canoe Lake, Southsea about 1967)

Kevin