Another council tax poser....

Patterdale

Featured Posts

A friend of mine has a boat at marina 'b'. He doesn't live on it, but spends a fair bit of time there. He has another boat in another county, spends time there and with his girlfriend. He is not down on paper as paying council tax but chips in with costs at his girlfriends.

The council which covers marina 'b', have told him he must pay council tax there, irrespective of the fact that he doesn't live on it, because he isn't on the books as paying anywhere else. This cannot be right, surely?

A friend of mine has a boat at marina 'b'. He doesn't live on it, but spends a fair bit of time there. He has another boat in another county, spends time there and with his girlfriend. He is not down on paper as paying council tax but chips in with costs at his girlfriends.

The council which covers marina 'b', have told him he must pay council tax there, irrespective of the fact that he doesn't live on it, because he isn't on the books as paying anywhere else. This cannot be right, surely?

sounds like he is No Fixed Abode...

maybe councils will be after the homeless next for council tax. It's tight times after all.

That is not correct only the main householder is on the CT bill

Does his GF get the 25% reduction for living alone?

If not then he has a case

Where does his post go?

Where is his driving licence address?

Where does his licence go to?

If any of these or many others are marina b then he has to pay.

If all his bills etc go to his girlfriends or similar then he may be able to wing it.

Where does his post go?

If all his bills etc go to his girlfriends or similar then he may be able to wing it.

He is not on zee system - All people will have a number and be on zee system, for it is decreed by zee government

else he can't be checked upon by zee state, or fined easily and quickly or pay other taxes...

:lol:

Nick

Where does his post go?

His bird pays full rate as she has a lad at home. As for mail, different stuff goes to different places....depends what it is.

His bird pays full rate as she has a lad at home. As for mail, different stuff goes to different places....depends what it is.

that makes it sound that he has been trying to cheat the system and has been found out

that makes it sound that he has been trying to cheat the system and has been found out

What a ridiculous accusation!

When I lived aboard my bank account was based at my parent's address, my car documents all went to the local post office and my BW sent stuff to the Stophouse.

No subterfuge, just how it happened, over time.

would you explain how you have reached this conclusion? Then I will p*** on it.

When I lived aboard my bank account was based at my parent's address, my car documents all went to the local post office and my BW sent stuff to the Stophouse.

Thank you

Thank you

Absolutely: for example, his work-related post will very probably be sent to a different address from his personal post.

I Apologise I missed the part where he is paying towards his GF CT, so that serves me right for not reading the whole thing, didnt think he was paying anything. My reasoning behind what I said was that i known plenty of people over the years that have sent mail to different address to avoid the tax man and CT.

Edited by MrCJ

I Apologise didnt read the first part of thread so that serves me right for not reading the whole thing, didnt think he was paying anything. My reasoning behind what I said was that i known plenty of people over the years that have sent mail to different address to avoid the tax man and CT.

Not the point whether he is paying or not. You jumped to conclusions in your first post, and jumped to other conclusions on your second post.

Anyway, no worries. Apology accepted. Cheers.

A previous thread 'discussed' the council tax issue, below is a link to my post which comments on possible future development of this issue.

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry457660

I still think that we will all be 'hit' with a demand sometime particularly as an ex-boater friend of mine who has a static caravan at Caister has now been told he will have to pay a 'proportion' of council tax even though it is a holiday site which closes for two months of the year.

Ditchdabbler

No it's not right, it's absolute nonsence. They might as well say he should have to pay c t for parking his car in a car park. I thought the last thread on this subject cleared this one up.

Keith.

Time to start looking toward the Valuation Tribunal... It's probaby worth co-ordinating some info here to make analysis easier so... BW, EA or other? Who owns the mooring?

If BW we'll need to look at the VOA guidance and the Moorings regs that are cited (Dave...)