Should Forced diesel heating be banned from being used late at night?

nbfiresprite

Should forced Diesel Heating be banned from being used between 10pm and 7am  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should be banned?

• No
    • What did you say?
    • Yes

Featured Posts

Seems you are far less tolerant of people having their own opinions and different lifes than you would lead us to believe.

As ive said no one in the marina is a snob they are actually down to earth people who like boats. You lot are under the impression that as it is new it must be posh and boring. Im afraid you are wrong.

You say that nobody there is a snob.

I must disagree.

YOU are a snob, and have shown yourself to be a snob in this thread and the screaming babies thread.

If your neighbouring boat's webasto becomes incredibly noisy (jumbo jet type noise) and they explain to you that they can't afford a new silencer and are barely making the marina fees, what would you do?

The reality is that you would moan endlessly about it on here, and probably try to get the offending boat kicked out of the marina.

By the way, either (probably) your a Troll, in which case:

1) your a really bad one

2) you do make quite amusing reading

3) you bring a great sense of forum unity

or you are for real, in which case:

1) I am really sorry for you, I just can't imagine how unpleasant it must be having to keep on being a shocking snob, having to run a boat as a fashon accessory rather than for pleasure. I also find it hard to belive that a person as narrowminded as you exists, and I have seen a fair few people in my life...

2) Your lack of common sense in boat handling makes me think you shouldn't use a boat except perhaps for a toy one in the bath

3) Your shocking lack of understanding of the existance of other people might be explicable if you moored on a remote reach of some quiet canal, and never went anyware, or saw anyone. How you can not understand that others exist, with needs and rights that are sometimes greater than yours while having a boat inside that great council estate/marina thing, I've no idea.

Edited by estwdjhn

I've been on this forum, what, two years? And lurking a long while before that. I have seen some heated arguments and some slanging matches; I've seen things get very personal and even threatening. But I have never yet on this or any other forum come across a poster as obnoxious, as arrogant and as plain rude as Phylis.

Yep, troll.

You say that nobody there is a snob.

I must disagree.

YOU are a snob, and have shown yourself to be a snob in this thread and the screaming babies thread.

Come on Dave give her a break, does

Recession,

Civil Engineering,

Nothing to do,

Add up to anything ?

Seems you are far less tolerant of people having their own opinions and different lifes than you would lead us to believe.

As ive said no one in the marina is a snob they are actually down to earth people who like boats. You lot are under the impression that as it is new it must be posh and boring. Im afraid you are wrong.

So your new boat isn't posh then...? I see a lot of scruffy GRP boats on my travels, most of them of Section 8's :lol:

Maybe there is somthing you need to tell us.

Personally, I would say that anything that came out of the exact same mould as x hundred other boats, and was then identically fitted out, where you couldn't even specify what sort of heater you wanted, has to be boring, at certainly by comparison to Carlt's lifeboat. Even your average "clonecraft" narrowboat, is often rather similar to the boat next door, but its not as boring as totally identical GRP boats...

Edited by estwdjhn

I think ol' warriorwomen assumed very wrong there, it was just meant to be a joke in general aimed at all flat chested women.

no doubt reported me :lol:

Well even that - which clearly wasn't the original intention even if you failed to see it - wouldn't make it all right, and yes, I did. Only the second time I've ever felt the need.

Oh, you shouldn't have edited it. I rather liked 'BattleaxeWoman'.

Edited by WarriorWoman

They are. Its part of boat ownership keeping it well maintained. Why else would be pay a grand or more to have them serviced once a year, for the fun?

What! How much???

What on earth do you get for your more than £1000 for a service? A new set of cylinder heads and a replacement gold plated keel??

Richard

I feel all faint...

Not if you think it's okay for some people to be unreasonably noisy...

At the risk of getting told off I'm back in the thread :lol:

What do you consider unreasonable noise??

The canal is frozen over here tonight, with the heatre going full blast since 2pm (always come to boat at lunch to fire up the heating) 10hrs later its 12 degrees inside, its not going to get any higher either!

What do you consider unreasonably cold??

If i switch off my heating it would be down to 8 in an hour and a half, then it would still keep dropping.

I let my heater go till the voltage cut off as its the only way to keep ME reasonably warm IMHO. And as a bonus i find the faint whirr relaxing and an AID to sleeping. Even using this method i wake to around 4 degrees, 6 if am lucky.

It is a wonderful aspiration.

So, how do we achieve that?

Do we achieve it by everybody doing exactly as they please, because the course that they choose is best for them, regardless of the impact on others?

I suggest not.

Do we move to the other extreme, where everybody must do exactly as their neighbour requires?

Again, I suggest not, this is just as tyranical as the first option.

Do we all do unto others as we would like to be done unto?

Nope, this won't work, as it makes a flawed assumption that your neighbour shares a common set of views on what is reasonable with you, and if they don't you are still in trouble.

Do we set out a shared code of what is reasonable (whether written, or through long established convention).

I think we do. Everybody knows where they stand. Everybody knows that they are allowed to do things that may inconvenience others to a certain limit, and everybody know that they must accept that inconvenience within that limit.

BLAH BLAH BLAH..Get a dummy and go back to bed....

At the risk of getting told off I'm back in the thread :lol:

What do you consider unreasonable noise??

The canal is frozen over here tonight, with the heatre going full blast since 2pm (always come to boat at lunch to fire up the heating) 10hrs later its 12 degrees inside, its not going to get any higher either!

What do you consider unreasonably cold??

If i switch off my heating it would be down to 8 in an hour and a half, then it would still keep dropping.

I let my heater go till the voltage cut off as its the only way to keep ME reasonably warm IMHO. And as a bonus i find the faint whirr relaxing and an AID to sleeping. Even using this method i wake to around 4 degrees, 6 if am lucky.

If someone arrived at a mooring next to mine and switched on a noisy appliance then I think that would be unreasonable.

If I moored up, next to a boat with a noisy heater and went and asked them to turn it off, I would be being unreasonable.

If I arrived at a mooring and, later, the adjacent boat switched on a noisy heater, I would live with it, nobody, imho, is being unreasonable, in that instance.