Locks and Quays, Series 3

MartinClark

Featured Posts

A new series of the TV programme "Locks and Quays" starts on Thursday 3rd January, on ITV Granada in the North West. It is due to be shown on ITV in the Yorkshire region at a later date.

Sorry if you are outside of those areas, but it may be possible to view the series on Sky or online (see below)

This is the third series of ten programmes and this time the series is presented by canal enthusiast, actor and former Keeper of "Sooty", Matthew Corbett.

Matthew will be taking a coast-to-coast journey from the North Sea to the Irish Sea, via the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, with inserts of visits to other locations. The first lap of the journey is along the Humber and into the port town of Goole, heading to the start of the Aire and Calder Navigation.

Briefly, the remaining programmes will feature:

• Programme 2 - Aire and Calder, Wakefield, Leeds, insert from Ellesmere Port

• Programme 3 - Leeds and Liverpool, Kirkstall, Saltaire

• Programme 4 - Leeds and Liverpool, Bingley Five Rise

• Programme 5 - Leeds and Liverpool, Skipton, insert from Worsley

• Programme 6 - Leeds and Liverpool, Foulridge, Burnley Embankment and Weavers' Triangle

• Programme 7 - Leeds and Liverpool, Blackburn

• Programme 8 - Leeds and Liverpool, Johnsons Hillock and Wigan Lock flights, insert from Bradford Canal

• Programme 9 - Leeds and Liverpool, Appley Bridge, Parbold, Rufford, Burscough, insert from Stanley Ferry Workshop

• Programme 10 - Leeds and Liverpool, Liverpool Canal Link, River Mersey

The programmes are broadcast on ITV in the Granada area at 7.30 pm on Thursdays (dates for Yorkshire not yet known). They can also be seen by people outside the area on Sky (see below).

The previous series of Locks and Quays can currently be watched online on ITV Local http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/documentaries/

I don't know when Series 3 will be available to watch online or whether it will then replace Series 2.

Instructions for tuning in to Granada on Sky:

Granada is available on Astra 2 (Sky): 10758MHz, Vertical, 22000SR, 5/6FEC.

See: www.lyngsat.com/28east.html for more information.

(These instructions were provided to me last year. I cannot guarantee that they will still work this year!)

Sorry for the short notice but BW has not sent a press release as in previous years.

A new series of the TV programme "Locks and Quays" starts on Thursday 3rd January, on ITV Granada in the North West. It is due to be shown on ITV in the Yorkshire region at a later date.

Sorry if you are outside of those areas, but it may be possible to view the series on Sky or online (see below)

This is the third series of ten programmes and this time the series is presented by canal enthusiast, actor and former Keeper of "Sooty", Matthew Corbett.

Matthew will be taking a coast-to-coast journey from the North Sea to the Irish Sea, via the Leeds and Liverpool Canal, with inserts of visits to other locations. The first lap of the journey is along the Humber and into the port town of Goole, heading to the start of the Aire and Calder Navigation.

• Programme 6 - Leeds and Liverpool, Foulridge, Burnley Embankment and Weavers' Triangletop

• Programme 8 - Leeds and Liverpool, Johnsons Hillock and Wigan Lock flights, insert from Bradford Canal

• Programme 9 - Leeds and Liverpool, Appley Bridge, Parbold, Rufford, Burscough, insert from Stanley Ferry Workshop

The programmes are broadcast on ITV in the Granada area at 7.30 pm on Thursdays (dates for Yorkshire not yet known). They can also be seen by people outside the area on Sky (see below).

The previous series of Locks and Quays can currently be watched online on ITV Local http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/documentaries/

I don't know when Series 3 will be available to watch online or whether it will then replace Series 2.

(These instructions were provided to me last year. I cannot guarantee that they will still work this year!)

Sorry for the short notice but BW has not sent a press release as in previous years.

top man thanks for the info ive just printed that off :lol:

Martin, you are a star. Living in the Borders area, I would have missed this if you had not posted.

Only problem is I cannot record a satellite programme whilst watching another. So what is it guys, Waterworld or Locks and Quays?

Edited by Derek Porteous

Martin, you are a star. Living in the Borders area, I would have missed this if you had not posted.

Only problem is I cannot record a satellite programme whilst watching another. So what is it guys, Waterworld or Locks and Quays?

Depending on your whereabouts, I'll watch waterworld as its more midlands, london based

• Programme 6 - Leeds and Liverpool, Foulridge, Burnley Embankment and Weavers' Triangle

The info i have is that the frequency is 10906 so try this if Martins doesn`t work. Not tuned mine yet so either could be right.

Added Central to my Sky box to watch Waterworld

Had a complete mare with this - thought wouldn't it be nice to record all the episodes and then leave the DVD on the hire boat for the guests to watch.

Both father and father in law have fancy DVD recorders but both live in Yorkshire region ! So need to keep an eagle eye out for when it is screened.

I managed to watch and it looks OK but Mr Corbett is a bit more wooden than Fred.

Yes a bit more "wooden" than Fred Talbot but I think it's better for it. I do find myself agreeing with Redfastlad in that there's always "after the breaks" and "more to come, stay tuned" etc.

I suppose they could try the Water World route next time... not have a presenter, only a voice over and spend some time going all over the north or wherever the program covers instead of having a planned route that you follow such as the Rochdale or Leeds Liverpool.

Is Water World available on t'internet for download or just to watch it?

Waterworld is now available on the ITV site: www.itvlocal.com/central/documentaries and look for Waterworld on the RHS

HNY

never ceases to amaze me the information on this site, thanks chaps I never knew I could get additional channels on sky and then having decided to watch locks n keys (spellin I know!!!!) you tell me I can now watch good old Tim on 'tinternet...well done keep up the good work :lol::rolleyes:

The info i have is that the frequency is 10906 so try this if Martins doesn`t work. Not tuned mine yet so either could be right.

Added Central to my Sky box to watch Waterworld

I found both Central and Granada on 10758 and with a spare SKY box, a splitter and two recorders, I record both. Quite a challenge but it can be done even outside Central / Granada coverage. With BBC/ITV Freesat (not to be confused with Freesatfromsky) due to launch this Spring (2008), this may be easier in the future!

Edited by RobinR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps & Chappesses,

I have just received the 1st series of Locks & Quays on DVD, bought it through Amazon at a very reasonable £5.99, the 2nd series does not seem to be available yet.

Iechyd Da! Chop!

Hi Chaps & Chappesses,

I have just received the 1st series of Locks & Quays on DVD, bought it through Amazon at a very reasonable £5.99, the 2nd series does not seem to be available yet.

Iechyd Da! Chop!

You can watch or download all three series from ITV Local Granada, you'll need a reasonably fast connection.

Ken

KenHave you tried to download (I take it you mean save), I tried and it was blocked.If you know a way but do not wish to put it in open forum, please PM. :smiley_offtopic:
No sad git that I am I watched both series 1 and 2 over Christmas, who said Christmas telly is all repeats.I'll try downloading it and see what happens.KenNo it won't download, you can only send a link to the programme.Ken

No sadder than us, we watched the first two series last week and watched the latest two (series three today).

We get Waterworld in our area.

Thats on ITV Local Central, done that too.

One nice thing the latest series has no breaks or start jingle so I don't have to listen to Russell Grant twice a programme.

Ken