The Bridgewater Canal. Notice to cruise.

Featured Posts

Having just (yesterday) left the Bridgewater one thing I would say is, you have to up your game when spotting taps and services. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, captain birdseye said:

I meant it's one of the options on the booking page of the C&RT website

I did think one or the other.

2 hours ago, Moke said:

Having just (yesterday) left the Bridgewater one thing I would say is, you have to up your game when spotting taps and services. 

Planning on being topped up before getting on the Bridgewater. There are a couple of places but not obvious.

4 hours ago, Moke said:

I thought you were going g to say "up your speed" as the locals do seem to make the most of the extra depth of the Bridgewater....🤣😂

3 hours ago, jonathanA said:

I thought you were going g to say "up your speed" as the locals do seem to  

That is very noticeable if you moor between Anderton and Dutton Lock when they have an outing.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Has the water tap gone now, it was the only operational bit last time I was there 

Now you ask I am not sure as the last two times we passed that way we were principally concerned about elsan and rubbish as well. But I do not recall seeing a functional tap.

There is no water at the service block in Worsley. The tap was always on the inside, and the building is now padlocked. There is a tap on the outside of the flats opposite the dry dock, but no idea whether this is for boaters. When we were there last month, it was being used by the mobile coffee van.

We timed our arrival for 5’ish and unplugged his pipe while we used the tap as he’d closed up for the day. There’s some nice moorings about 5 minutes further on with plenty of bins….so long as you use smallish bags