Immunity from Bile

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, booke23 said:

I think maybe we should tread carefully here. The OP doesn't have much history on the forum and we just don't know him......for all we know he may have an illness that is affecting his emotions and causing him to react the way he is. 

If he has such an illness, maybe he was not aware of it, and the forum has helped him realise that his reactions are not normal and that he should seek professional help

• Greenie 1

25 minutes ago, booke23 said:

I think maybe we should tread carefully here. The OP doesn't have much history on the forum and we just don't know him......for all we know he may have an illness that is affecting his emotions and causing him to react the way he is. 

So it's an "illness" to object to overt bullying and lies?

Before you get all huffy, why did Mike the Gaschamber suggest that I post a picture of my windlass unless he was trying to suggest there wasn't one?

That was an obvious suggestion that I was scamming.

Then when I did, why did he ridicule my asking price, when the previous advert had apparently not caused any concern at all?

Seems to show that the "double standards" principle is alive and well on this forum.

52 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

But it isn't and if it were I would not be selling it.

Insinuations again.

OK let's deconstruct this.

"If".....it isn't  and if it were, it would not be for sale. I am not a second-hand car dealer, or a gas fitter.

Why are you talking about something that is purely conjectural? 

If it were "faulty" then I would indeed be dishonest.

But it is not, and I am not.

I resent the implication.

We only have your assertion that you would not be selling a faulty item.

No one even suggested that you are dishonest. No one suggested that there is anything wrong with your windlass. What I agreed with was that your conduct on here would dissuade me from dealing with you because IF (Note that - IF) having got it there turned out to be something wrong with it, you would be unlikely to be fair. That is the impression your postings give me.  Now, can you explain why anyone should be desperate enough for a posh windlass that they would risk dealing with someone who has reacted as you have?

Your reactions gives me, and at least one other, cause to doubt doing business with you would be prudent.

• Greenie 3

21 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

Before you get all huffy, why did Mike the Gaschamber suggest that I post a picture of my windlass unless he was trying to suggest there wasn't one?

No. But it might be an illness to have extreme interpretations like you have. I can't talk for @MtB but he was obviously suggesting a photo would help to sell the item....nothing more. 

25 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

Then when I did, why did he ridicule my asking price, when the previous advert had apparently not caused any concern at all?

Seems to show that the "double standards" principle is alive and well on this forum.

Although I didn't agree with MTB doing what he did or what he did say it actually wasn't a breach of the forum rules.

Starting two threads targeting him specifically I would argue is.

I reckon if you carry on you will be heading for a sanction from the mods.

9 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

We only have your assertion that you would not be selling a faulty item.

No one even suggested that you are dishonest. No one suggested that there is anything wrong with your windlass. What I agreed with was that your conduct on here would dissuade me from dealing with you because IF (Note that - IF) having got it there turned out to be something wrong with it, you would be unlikely to be fair. That is the impression your postings give me.  Now, can you explain why anyone should be desperate enough for a posh windlass that they would risk dealing with someone who has reacted as you have?

Your reactions gives me, and at least one other, cause to doubt doing business with you would be prudent.

Excuse me?

Before I go any further, please let me say that I have had the utmost respect for you as a forum member, because of your logical dissection of BMC-related mechanical problems and your even-handed approach to people having difficulties.

However, you have said "We only have your assertion that you would not be selling a faulty item" and then go on to say "No one even suggested that you are dishonest".

Come on, one or the other. What are you trying to say?

What do you mean by "IF there turned out to be something wrong with it...I would be unlikely to be fair"?

Really? You don't know me - yet you feel comfortable making potentially libellous assumptions?

You are better than that.

30 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

Because, you idiot, not everyone knows what a Lockmaster windlass is and why it should be worth more than a fiver and a photo just might help you flog it?

Pretty sure you won't selling to anyone on here, though. You do seem to have scamming on your mind though, which is interesting. Would certainly put me off buying anything off you .

And do try not to sling childish insults about. For a bloke whinging about double standards, yours seem remarkably low.

Err...it might be "worth more than a fiver" because the first one sold?

For a sum you are not privy to?

Are you selling a Lockmaster windlass?

No?

So keep yer beak out.

21 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

Excuse me?

Before I go any further, please let me say that I have had the utmost respect for you as a forum member, because of your logical dissection of BMC-related mechanical problems and your even-handed approach to people having difficulties.

However, you have said "We only have your assertion that you would not be selling a faulty item" and then go on to say "No one even suggested that you are dishonest".

Come on, one or the other. What are you trying to say?

What do you mean by "IF there turned out to be something wrong with it...I would be unlikely to be fair"?

Really? You don't know me - yet you feel comfortable making potentially libellous assumptions?

You are better than that.

That windlass uses an epicyclic gear train that consists of probably hundreds of teeth. You only need an area of faulty hardening or manufacturing fault to cause it to jamb and fail. You have no idea how well-made the internal component are or how long they will last. Until the last few posts, I had no doubt that you are honest, but now I am far from sure. However, I am now get a very strong feeling that if the purchaser had a legitimate complaint, then the most likely outcome would be a string of unhelpful statements and accusations that the customer was dishonest - look at your own posts for the reasons.

You are the one making unfounded accusations and assertions about people. I took care to make sure that what I said was clearly my impressions, not assertions of truth. The fact that you can not understand that is not my fault. Rather like you seem to not understand, Mike's comment were a flippant cometary on those who want such a device, not an accusation of overcharging.

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

Err...it might be "worth more than a fiver" because the first one sold?

For a sum you are not privy to?

Are you selling a Lockmaster windlass?

No?

So keep yer beak out.

On, as they say, yer bike, pal. You might refine your salesman patter a bit... I can image the feedback you'll get on Ebay.

You've brightened up my Covid-ridden evening, anyway. It's always good to have a laugh.

And Typically, the forum clique jump in to defend one of their own! 🙄

Just why do people have the need to post on for sale threads if they have no interest in actual buying the item? MtB regularly does it, I presume in a pathetic need to prove his knowledge / experience to all. He posted a smartarse comment on one of my threads when I was selling an Epping stove a few years ago, soon buggered off tho when he got a knowledgable answer back that stopped his cleverdick attitude dead! 🙄

Grow the f*** up man and let people sell their stuff!🙄

Edited by andyberg

1 minute ago, andyberg said:

And Typically, the forum clique jump in to defend one of their own! 🙄

Just why do people have the need to post on for sale threads if they have no interest in actual buying the item? MtB regularly does it, I presume in a pathetic need to prove his knowledge / experience to all, he Posted a smartarse comment on one of my threads when I was selling an Epping stove a few years ago, soon buggered off tho when he got a knowledgable answer back that stopped his cleverdick attitude dead! 🙄

Grow the f*** up man! 

Who?

3 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I've just come across this thread. Like Tony I have no knowledge of your character, and had I been interested in acquiring a lockmaster windlass I might well have contacted you. But having now seen your complete overreaction to a trivial comment, I too would be wary of buying from you, not because I think you are less than honest nor that there is anything wrong with the windlass, but simply that your behaviour on this thread has shown that the risk of dealing with you, should anything go wrong with the transaction, is simply too high.

I could buy it for £70, then sell it to you for £150. Everybody happy

9 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

You'd be even happier if you bought the one off Facebook for 50 quid 

How do you know, given the crap I've had to cope with here, it isn't mine?