Immunity from Bile

Featured Posts

So my last post regarding the "antics" of MtB has been deleted.

At least I know where to come if I feel like making unfounded comments on someone's  personal integrity and trustworthiness.

Have fun.

You over reacted big time in the original thread. You started the deleted thread with the sole intention of insulting MtB. It was inevitable that it would be deleted since it was a clear breach of the rules that you agreed to.  If that is your true nature, it would be better to stay away from other people both on here and in real life. But hopefully you are just having a bad day or two.

Setting aside your bluster for a moment, no-one impugned your personal integrity or trustworthiness, though you have made a good job of letting everyone know your nature and behaviour. MtB made a comment about the price of a windlass. It reflected the fact that he, like me, considers fancy expensive windlasses to be unnecessary. That was all. If you had ignored it then we could all have carried on as usual and you might even have sold your windlass.

Edited by nicknorman

17 minutes ago, Speedy23 said:

So my last post regarding the "antics" of MtB has been deleted.

At least I know where to come if I feel like making unfounded comments on someone's  personal integrity and trustworthiness.

Have fun.

I like MtB! Some people of a sensitive nature might find him a bit OTT sometimes, but I think he makes this forum more interesting and entertaining.

There are others on here who are rather more abrasive, but it is a discussion forum so there is room for just about anyone with an interest in boats and waterways.

11 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

It reflected the fact that he, like me, considers fancy expensive windlasses to be unnecessary. That was all. If you had ignored it then we could all have carried on as usual and you might even have sold your windlass.

But why do some people feel the need to point this out when somebody is trying to sell something? Do they think it will enhance the chance of a sale?

It just marks people out as a bit of a 'know all clever clogs'.

You could jus as well apply the comment to ignore it and carry on' to MTB's obviously unwanted interference.

6 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

I like MtB! Some people of a sensitive nature might find him a bit OTT sometimes, but I think he makes this forum more interesting and entertaining.

There are others on here who are rather more abrasive, but it is a discussion forum so there is room for just about anyone with an interest in boats and waterways.

I'll second that.

You can pay me later Mike.

1 hour ago, M_JG said:

But why do some people feel the need to point this out when somebody is trying to sell something? Do they think it will enhance the chance of a sale?

It just marks people out as a bit of a 'know all clever clogs'.

You could jus as well apply the comment to ignore it and carry on' to MTB's obviously unwanted interference.

I agree but then again not everyone is as perfect as you or me! MtB’s post wasn’t helpful and nor was it intended to be, but then again it was fairly harmless. And one should remember that as the seller, “the customer is always right” and entering into a pointless and aggressive public argument is not going to help sales.

4 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I agree but then again not everyone is as perfect as you or me! MtB’s post wasn’t helpful and nor was it intended to be, but then again it was fairly harmless. And one should remember that as the seller, “the customer is always right” and entering into a pointless and aggressive public argument is not going to help sales.

I would just point out MTB wasn't actually a paying or even a potential customer.

Just the annoying voice on the sidelines shouting 'ow much! I wouldn't be paying that'.!

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

I would just point out MTB wasn't actually a paying or even a potential customer.

Just the annoying voice on the sidelines shouting 'ow much! I wouldn't be paying that'.!

True. My point is that the seller’s (over) reaction has impeded his chances of selling it. 

• Greenie 1

Just now, M_JG said:

Maybe he wasn't,but the potential customers (if there were any) would more likely be put off by the aggressive stance of the OP than anything else. I know I certainly would be.

• Greenie 1

Just now, rusty69 said:

Maybe he wasn't,but the potential customers (if there were any) would more likely be put off by the aggressive stance of the OP than anything else. I know I certainly would be.

Yes, it would make me wonder how fair he would be if it transpired the item was faulty.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

I agree up to a point and for that reason have suggested, I think twice now, that he gave it a rest.

But it isn't and if it were I would not be selling it.

Insinuations again.

5 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yes, it would make me wonder how fair he would be if it transpired the item was faulty.

OK let's deconstruct this.

"If".....it isn't  and if it were, it would not be for sale. I am not a second-hand car dealer, or a gas fitter.

Why are you talking about something that is purely conjectural? 

If it were "faulty" then I would indeed be dishonest.

But it is not, and I am not.

I resent the implication.

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

What about all the people on here who say that about boats for sale?

It's a difficult one that.

I think people who post their opinions on the worth of an item just need to ask themselves if what they post is going to aid the sale or not. Especially if the forum hasn't been specifically asked to comment on the price.

If they have been asked that is a different matter and the seller cannot really complain if they get suggestions they don't like.

12 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I agree up to a point and for that reason have suggested, I think twice now, that he gave it a rest.

And clearly it fell on deaf ears...