Suez Canal closed (again)

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

The Suez Canal is blocked after a giant cargo ship crashed into a bridge. The waterway in Egypt is currently completely closed to traffic following the collision involving the container ship and the Mansi bridge.

The vital stretch of water, which connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea through the Isthmus of Suez and divides Africa and Asia, made headlines in 2021 after a colossal container ship got stuck for nearly a week.

Suez Canal blocked after colossal cargo ship smashes into bridge (msn.com)

Suez Canal

Maybe the Global warm bin has caused a sea level rise. 

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The Suez Canal is blocked after a giant cargo ship crashed into a bridge. The waterway in Egypt is currently completely closed to traffic following the collision involving the container ship and the Mansi bridge.

The vital stretch of water, which connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea through the Isthmus of Suez and divides Africa and Asia, made headlines in 2021 after a colossal container ship got stuck for nearly a week.

Suez Canal blocked after colossal cargo ship smashes into bridge (msn.com)

Suez Canal

And now for an accurate report not using words like "colossal" and "smashed" -- it was a floating bridge (not the Mansi), and traffic is uninterrupted (not blocked)...

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/suez-canal-traffic-uninterrupted-after-ship-suffers-fault-canal-authority-2023-12-06/

Edited by IanD

Floating bridges are cool. 

I remember one of these in Paris in De La France near the Pompidou centre. It was made with those clip together pontoon sections and had a 6hp Tohatsu outboard at one end so it could be motored out of the way for passing traffic. 

Cool bridge. 

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

Floating bridges are cool. 

I remember one of these in Paris in De La France near the Pompidou centre. It was made with those clip together pontoon sections and had a 6hp Tohatsu outboard at one end so it could be motored out of the way for passing traffic. 

Cool bridge. 

was thst during the war?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

So not only is the bridge in the picture not the bridge hit, the canal is not blocked in either direction and nobody has spilt their tea either.

I have to say, the idea of them not knowing how high a ship is compared to the bridges, strikes me as vanishingly improbable.

3 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

A de E's initial quote looks like MSN-  but it's the Daily Excess report. 

Say no more.

Oh god any time someone mentions the Express I have to exorcise this demon. 

It is incredibly nasty and not related to my old man at all despite him being in a picture but this was because the step mother is a blue rinse. 

I was deeply shocked by this which is why I find it cathartic to publish. Not joking. This is shocking (warning : Daily Express content)

Nobody wants this sort of thing to happen. 

Look Away Now ! 

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/454719/Our-8-000-acre-patch-A-beautiful-Victorian-house-in-the-heart-of-a-forest

I never read what others write due to vision ossues. 

Mind you, it's by no means the only sensationalist inaccurate rag.

Many years ago, I was about to fly to a West African country to see my girlfriend (now my wife). A week before my departure date there was a report in a quality Sunday newspaper about the capital's Airport being closed.

My flight took place as advertised (thank you British Caledonian), and I found out when I got there that the airport's main runway had indeed been closed  --  for three hours on a Sunday, so that a part of it could be resurfaced.

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

I never read what others write due to vision ossues. 

How can you tell that their writing was caused by vision issues? (To say nothing of ossues).

I'm a clairvoyant and can see what other people arrr thinking. No ossues needed here. 

You might think I'm joking but I can put mystic Meg in the shade in a corner of the room. I know how to win the lottery before it even starts.