Boat stretch

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Martin Kedian said:

A few pictures of a boat stretch with a recessed cabin 

Just for interest as a project 

IMG_1727.jpeg

Now that is lovely, not ugly.

I like the retained roof beams, unusual to have 2 but I suppose it helps with the drainage and stops puddling, nice idea.

How much interior framing did you have to put in before cutting?

Is it a decent hull? I don't recognise the long single recessed panel.

I think so 

Wanted to add some more pictures but keep getting told I have reached my limit 

16 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I like the retained roof beams, unusual to have 2 but I suppose it helps with the drainage and stops puddling, nice idea.

I added the second roof beam for symmetry 

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, Martin Kedian said:

I think so 

Wanted to add some more pictures but keep getting told I have reached my limit 

That’s very nice work. Looks lovely. Is that cream signwriting as well as the cream tunnel band. Cream often looks much better than white. 

If you add another picture in the reply bit and submit it as a reply within a few minutes it automatically gets added to your initial posting. 

3 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

That’s very nice work. Looks lovely. Is that cream signwriting as well as the cream tunnel band. Cream often looks much better than white. 

If you add another picture in the reply bit and submit it as a reply within a few minutes it automatically gets added to your initial posting. 

Keeps saying I have exceeded the file size 

32 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

As I keep saying you can only work with what is in front of you 

9 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It is all cream 

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It is a Stowe Hill boat.

It is indeed! Looks good.

Martin, did you do anything about the internal roof drains, when we painted the roof a few years back, the water sitting round those had caused awful rusting and delamination??

Edited by matty40s

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It is indeed! Looks good.

Martin, did you do anything about the internal roof drains, when we painted the roof a few years back, the water sitting round those had caused awful rusting and delamination??

Yes reconfigured 

Been a number of comments regarding the look of some of the boats I have worked on I just wanted to show one that was a beautiful shape to start with given a great opportunity to do it justice 

• Greenie 3

Not asking as that’s between you and the client but cost of that sort of work must be substantial and it must cross the owners mind to just sell and buy another that better matches their needs.  But I can understand why they’re attached enough to want to spend on their boat to make it perfect for them.  Credit to them for investing in it and to your for your work.  👍

Just now, Martin Kedian said:

Yes work of this sort is not cheap and as steel prices have risen dramatically it makes it even harder to make a decision to undertake such dramatic changes  currently boat stretches are around £1,100 a foot  Steel has risen by some 40% this year 

for many owners it is their pride and joy they consider themselves custodians rather than owners 

it is a joy to be able to help fulfill there dreams 

and to think I nearly died having to spend £38 on a 1m x 0.5m sheet of 3mm steel to be delivered to me as I have no suppliers locally. 😂