CRT Council elections...

jonathanA

Featured Posts

how hard can it be...

Further to the email you received below, the Canal & River Trust wishes to confirm that the email you received on the 27th October 2023 was incorrect and apologies are sent for the confusion.

The email should have detailed that they are running an election for FOUR PRIVATE BOATING representatives to join the Council. The correct details are below.

Canal & River Trust: Election of Private Boating representatives to Council

The Trust is running an election for 4 Private Boating representatives to join the Trust's governing Council from March 2024. You are receiving this email as you are eligible to stand for election in the private constituency. 

and at the bottom of the 'correct email' 

The results of the nominations will be announced on the Trust’s website on 24 November 2023. There are 2 posts available on Council. 

hmm - easy to make a mistake but then having spotted it, to only half correct it....  pretty unprofessional i'd say... 

I think that the real mistake in the email of 27th Oct was that they stated that the elections were for 'Canal & River Trust: Election of Private Business representatives to Council' which should have instead been 'Private Boating representatives' as sent in the correction yesterday.

I was completely confused by the first email as I'm not a roving trader, hire boat operator or the likes, just a regular private leisure boater.

Agree though that to send out a correction that is inconsistent in itself only seems to emphasise the carelessness and lack of proof-reading.

The Canal & River Trust wishes to further clarify the details for the nomination for election of FOUR PRIVATE BOATING representatives to join its Council - following emails sent on 27 and 30 October which contained a number of errors. Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion these emails may have caused.

Received today, a correction to the correction. Does any checking, or proof reading go on in CaRT Towers?

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Received today, a correction to the correction. Does any checking, or proof reading go on in CaRT Towers?

seems like never,

hence the back to front maps by the canal,

with the wrong information,

it’s been an embarrassment for a long time,

4 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Dear, 

The Canal & River Trust wishes to further clarify the details for the nomination for election of FOUR PRIVATE BOATING representatives to join its Council - following emails sent on 27 and 30 October which contained a number of errors. Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion these emails may have caused.

My French teacher at school used to say: 

Once is an accident

Twice is a coincidence 

Three times is a habit

And he was the lenient one. 

23 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

What exactly does the CRT Council do?  Does it have any powers?  I remember lending my name to Dave Mayall's candidacy several years ago.

I stood the first time there were elections to CRT council, with Dave Mayall standing at the same time.

It's not hard to find the role of Council detailed on the CRT website.

Although much of it may seem relatively toothless, it does have powers - for example Council  does have the powers, theoretically at least,  to dismiss trustees. I doubt it ever will, but those powers exist.