Uni Students who live on Narrowboats

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

In the old days you would get dressed up to see your bank manager. Nowadays people walk into any bank dressed in whatever 

If you can find one open :mellow: Now everybody has sleep walked into using plastic they dont need to be open or give customer service any longer.

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

In the old days you would get dressed up to see your bank manager. Nowadays people walk into any bank dressed in whatever 

A few months back took daughter to the bank to change her kids account to an adult current account, entered bank and some bloke in jeans and a polo shirt started asking us what we were there for. Just about to ask him what the feck it had to do with him when i noticed the polo shirt was bank branded. Seems it's new bank dress code now it's become Virgin and not Yorkshire Bank.

On 03/07/2023 at 14:13, ChrisRichmond94 said:

Hello! 

I was just wondering if anyone is / anyone knows people who are uni students who live on Narrowboats. Is it possible? I'd love to hear from anyone with experience about this. 

Thanks! 

I was living on my narrowboat whilst working as a post doc at uni in London (which is close to being a student I guess)😅. If anything it was easier than living on a boat and working for a company (which I now do) as Uni is a very flexible sort of workplace.

We lived on our boat when we were at uni in Uxbridge in 1981. Nothing new in it. Used to charge the batteries in the physics department and bike them to the boat.

Our cruising range was Ricky to little Venice..

In those days there were few of us, and the patrol officers used to know us all.

Of course we didn’t live on the boat it wasn’t legal and our mooring was up at cowroast, they knew that we knew that they envied our ‘holidays’.

Used to get our licence in person from the Watford office as we had no post address.

Years ago my nephew went to Kingston Uni, the uni had several house boats (looked a bit like sheds on pontoons) on the Thames, we picked him up at Brentford and dropped him off at one of them, occupied by his pal - Lawrence Dellaleo?..........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...