Canalplan down?

booke23

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Working fine for me here. canalplan.org.uk

Thanks, working for me too on canalplan.org.uk.

But didn't work when I search for it on Google....they're linking it to canalplan.uk. Guess the url must have changed recently.

16 hours ago, booke23 said:

Thanks, working for me too on canalplan.org.uk.

But didn't work when I search for it on Google....they're linking it to canalplan.uk. Guess the url must have changed recently.

We have multiple domains for Canalplan.  Due to a glitch at the company managing the canalplan.uk domain it dropped out of the DNS system but is now  back online but there are still some problems with it in that we've can't manage the SPF and DKIM settings.

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

Getting...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.57 (Ubuntu) Server at canalplan.uk Port 443

@StephenA - are you aware...?

59 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Getting...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.57 (Ubuntu) Server at canalplan.uk Port 443

@StephenA - are you aware...?

Are you getting this error from the homepage (https://canalplan.org.uk/) or from your profile or search page?

I ask since I often receive errors when returning to my profile page but the homepage loads fine.

9 minutes ago, Puffling said:

Are you getting this error from the homepage (https://canalplan.org.uk/) or from your profile or search page?

I ask since I often receive errors when returning to my profile page but the homepage loads fine.

When I click plan a route from the home page.

OK so there were two issues

The "Internal  Server Error" was caused by a typo in the .htaccess file which Nick made when adding a rule to block another bot which was hitting the site.

Then, for some unknown reason, the server stopped responding to anything at just after 10:03 this morning.

image.png.cf3ced8b9e75d9a0c5642ed658d4cd2b.png

Which needed a reboot from cold.

• Greenie 1

• 3 months later...

Is anyone else having problems with Canalplan today? I can't plan a route, nothing happens when "select place by name" or "select place by location" is clicked.

Also nowhere to click on to log in.

I've tried canalplan.uk and canalplan.org.uk as well as Firefox and Edge.

@StephenA

Screenshot 2023-10-30 124237.png

Edited by Alway Swilby
Added screenshot

1 minute ago, Alway Swilby said:

Is anyone else having problems with Canalplan today? I can't plan a route, nothing happens when "select place by name" or "select place by location" is clicked.

Also nowhere to click on to log in.

I've tried canalplan.uk and canalplan.org.uk as well as Firefox and Edge.

@StephenA

No problem , just tried it for you andCanalplan.org is 'jamming up' at 'select place by name' or Select place by location'

12:46pm 30/12/23

I don't tend to access here during the working day (unless I've hopped onto my own laptop at lunch time to reply to emails and decide to pop in) so I wasn't aware of any problems. Nick fixed it - but it looks like there are still some minor issues.

• Greenie 1