Electric boat for sale

ditchcrawler

Featured Posts

Parallel hybrid wants to be Very Well Executed or you will get problems. 

The boat is going to end up being a diesel boat. 

Series hybrid where the prime mover connected to the propeller is an electric motor, is better. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

Parallel hybrid wants to be Very Well Executed or you will get problems. 

The boat is going to end up being a diesel boat. 

Series hybrid where the prime mover connected to the propeller is an electric motor, is better. 

I'd say they are already deeply disillusioned with it not working seamlessly like a diesel boat, which is why it's up for sale. 

39 minutes ago, Athy said:

'OW MOOCH? Either they're having a larf or prices have gone up more than I realised.

Yes, I am afraid so.

A friend's Collingwood, sail away, fat boat has gone up from £65,000 to £115,000 in ten years, for the same specification. Mostly in the past three years.

• Greenie 2

20 minutes ago, Peanut said:

Yes, I am afraid so.

A friend's Collingwood, sail away, fat boat has gone up from £65,000 to £115,000 in ten years, for the same specification. Mostly in the past three years.

The internet tells me that prices have risen over 50% since 2012, which would make that £65,000 bout £100,000 in today's money, so the increase is slightly above he general rate of rising prices.

But that's aaprice for a new boat: we are often told that new boats lose a great deal of their value (20%?) in their first year, so a price of over £150,000 for a second-hand narrowboat is at best optimistic, and at worst just plain barmy.

19 minutes ago, Athy said:

But that's aaprice for a new boat: we are often told that new boats lose a great deal of their value (20%?) in their first year, so a price of over £150,000 for a second-hand narrowboat is at best optimistic, and at worst just plain barmy.

I do believe you are well out of touch, boats from the better builders are currently £180,000 - £200,000 new and £200,000 - £220,000 for hybrid so this boat does have a hefty discount from new. In terms of selling, it will sell,  one of the early hybrids from Ortomarine has recently turned up in our marina after being sold.

8 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I do believe you are well out of touch, boats from the better builders are currently £180,000 - £200,000 new and £200,000 - £220,000 for hybrid so this boat does have a hefty discount from new. In terms of selling, it will sell,  one of the early hybrids from Ortomarine has recently turned up in our marina after being sold.

Thanks for the information. I haven't had a new boat built since 2007, but I have always taken an interest in new boats. We did let our subscription to CB lapse last year, so perhaps I'm not as closely in touch with the market as hitherto.

The boat from Orton Marine (whom I haven't heard of) may have sold, but for how much?

If this one sells, it will reinforce the adage that a fool aqnd his money are soon parted.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thanks for the information. I haven't had a new boat built since 2007, but I have always taken an interest in new boats. We did let our subscription to CB lapse last year, so perhaps I'm not as closely in touch with the market as hitherto.

The boat from Orton Marine (whom I haven't heard of) may have sold, but for how much?

If this one sells, it will reinforce the adage that a fool aqnd his money are soon parted.

You don't seem to be attaching any value to the fact if has hybrid electric drive, which will have added (something like) £50k to the initial build cost. 

27 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I do believe *you're* well out of touch given price rises over the last couple of years... 😉

DAMHIK... 😞

8 minutes ago, MtB said:

You don't seem to be attaching any value to the fact if has hybrid electric drive, which will have added (something like) £50k to the initial build cost. 

Probably closer to £40k today for a high-end series hybrid with a big LFP battery bank...

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, IanD said:

I do believe *you're* well out of touch given price rises over the last couple of years... 😉

DAMHIK... 😞

Probably closer to £40k today for a high-end series hybrid with a big LFP battery bank...

Costs appear to be tumbling then, Athy will be pleased to hear! 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, MtB said:

No, they've gone up. Remember that's the *extra* cost over a diesel -- but does include a high-power 230Vac supply and big LFP battery bank "free"... 😉

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 1

Just now, IanD said:

No, they've gone up. Remember that's the *extra* cost over a diesel -- but does include a high-power 30Vac supply and big LFP battery bank "free"... 😉

Yes I was wondering if Athy might misunderstand and take your £40k figure as total build cost!

But LFP batteries have tumbled in price the last couple of years surely? 

19 minutes ago, MtB said:

Of course, unless it's the price of something I'm selling which is tumbling.

But would YOU pay £50k, or even £40k, to have an electric motor installed in a boat which has a perfectly serviceable dies engine in it already?

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

But would YOU pay £50k, or even £40k, to have an electric motor installed in a boat which has a perfectly serviceable dies engine in it already?

But you are not listening - this is (was) a new boat built with the Hybrid drive - IT NEVER HAD A 'DIES' ENGINE IN IT.

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But you are not listening - this is (was) a new boat built with the Hybrid drive - IT NEVER HAD A 'DIES' ENGINE IN IT.

But you are not reading: OH YES IT HAS!

32 minutes ago, Athy said:

You appear to be discussing a different boat now.

The boat under discussion was built with an integrated dies engine and electric drive and massive big bank of batteries. All at an additional cost of £40k according to IanD. 

So it never had a "perfectly serviceable dies engine in it already"

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

What do you think a Beta43 hybrid electric drive diesel consists of then??

I've attached a pdf as someone told me you like those...

https://pdf.nauticexpo.com/pdf/beta-marine/beta-hybrid-propulsion/19996-26574.html

1 hour ago, Athy said:

But you are not reading: OH YES IT HAS!

But Athy said :

1 hour ago, Athy said:

It didn't have a perfectly sevicable Dies engine in it ALREADY !!!