Hi All

mightyslay3r

Featured Posts

Social distancing.

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

And of course with correctly designed back cabin you can live in it completely independently from the rest of the boat. Can be necessary after a bad argument, for example. 

Or a Good Argument.

Social distancing is the key.

I have stickers to remind myself of this at every turn in my boats.

IMG_20230228_150055.thumb.jpg.f6c556dc15cb8c2e2b486855611fc07e.jpg

all of these options, differential views on sterns etc are greatly accepted... 

and i am taking onboard (forgive the pun) everything everyone is saying.. whether it be for or against.....

the only thing holding us back at the minute is capital... its all tied in the damn house....

Just now, mightyslay3r said:

and i am taking onboard (forgive the pun) everything everyone is saying.. whether it be for or against.....

the only thing holding us back at the minute is capital... its all tied in the damn house....

Get a buy to let mortgage on it. Spend it on a boat and rent the house out.

You know it makes sense....

• Happy 1

1 minute ago, mightyslay3r said:

Flog the house, spend the money on beer, bacon and boating then worry about the rest later. That's what I did except never bought the house in the first place. My kids will get nothing from me other than rusty old boats and a large stash of gold buried in Oxfordshire at an undisclosed location.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Get a buy to let mortgage on it. Spend it on a boat and rent the house out.

You know it makes sense....

hard with no income at the mo buddy... will need to see what JSA say etc... dont even know if we will get enough to pay the damn bills/debts lol

Just now, magnetman said:

No that's what the poured concrete ballast is for.

This was reputed to be a fave method of the Kray twins for disposing of bodies with virtually zero chance of them being discovered. Bury them in poured concrete structures during the pouring.

The M4 Chiswick flyover contains a few, it is rumoured.

• Happy 1

1 minute ago, MtB said:

This was reputed to be a fave method of the Kray twins for disposing of bodies with virtually zero chance of them being discovered. Bury them in poured concrete structures during the pouring.

The M4 Chiswick flyover contains a few, it is rumoured.

Handy to get rid of the nasty smells.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mightyslay3r said:

due to my wife loosing her job, my daughter being on benefits & me being unable to work due to constant pain from 2 groin hernia ops (cant get PIP because hernia's dont come under the PIP umbrella) we are waiting to here from JSA... then claiming universal credit if we can.. until my wife finds further employment.. but there are only part time jobs out there now... i think the only way forward is to get equity from the house... 

a loan would bury us with interest repayment, if any lender would touch us now.

the bank would wave us away i think.... 😒

very limited options... even though we have an house worth £100k to £122k on zoopla.....

Be careful of what you say on here, People don’t need to know your personal life and how your going to fund your boat or what benefits your claiming, but they could get wound up about it and become very judgmental and anti. Remember it’s a Public forum and anyone can view it. Please don’t go on about your Benefit claims, it could turn sour.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 2
  • Happy 1

25 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Be careful of what you say on here, People don’t need to know your personal life and how your going to fund your boat or what benefits your claiming, but they could get wound up about it and become very judgmental and anti. Remember it’s a Public forum and anyone can view it. Please don’t go on about your Benefit claims, it could turn sour.

noted. thanks

2 hours ago, dmr said:

In bad weather one persoon drives the boat, and with the back doors shut and a brollie you can have a lot of weather protection. The other person goes inside the boat where it is warm and cosy and gets some jobs done. There is absolutely no point in standing outside in the rain watching somebody else drive the boat. 😀

That's not what I meant (but wasn't clear), the "bad weather" comment was for one -- anyone else sane would obviously be inside. The "more than one person" was in good weather... 😉

• Happy 1

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Maybe the cushion should have a string attached which can be tied on somewhere.

Yeah, tie it (tightly!) onto the piles... 😉

(same basic idea as they used to use for castrating sheep IIRC...)

Edited by IanD
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, magnetman said:

small rubber band for castrating sheep I believe.

Same (well, similar) rubber band is used for docking their tails.

3 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

And very small they are to

They are at that age - you'd need a whole flock to get enough for a decent meal.

Bit like the visitor to Madrid

A man travels to Spain and goes to a restaurant near the bull ring for a late dinner. He orders the house special and he is brought a plate with potatoes, corn, and two large meaty objects. "What's this?" he asks?

"The Matador Special, Senor," the waiter replies.

"What meat is it?" the man asks.

"Cojones," the waiter explains, "They, are the testicles of the bull who lost at the arena this afternoon."

At first the man is disgusted; but being the adventurous type, he decides to try this local delicacy. To his amazement, it is quite delicious. In fact, it is so good that he decides to come back again the next night and order it again. This time, the waiter brings out the plate, but the meaty objects are much smaller.

"What's this?" he asks the waiter.

"The Matador Special, senor," the waiter replies.

"No, no," the man objects, "I had the Matador Special yesterday and it was much bigger than this."

"Senor," the waiter explains, "the bull does not always lose."

Edit : wish if they are going to be merged they at least leave a gap, instead of the 1st line of the 2nd post being attached directly to the last line of the 1st post.

I then have to come and edit and move the 2nd post down a couple of lines to split them up.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Same (well, similar) rubber band is used for docking their tails.

They are at that age - you'd need a whole flock to get enough for a decent meal.

Bit like the visitor to Madrid

A man travels to Spain and goes to a restaurant near the bull ring for a late dinner. He orders the house special and he is brought a plate with potatoes, corn, and two large meaty objects. "What's this?" he asks?

"The Matador Special, Senor," the waiter replies.

"What meat is it?" the man asks.

"Cojones," the waiter explains, "They, are the testicles of the bull who lost at the arena this afternoon."

At first the man is disgusted; but being the adventurous type, he decides to try this local delicacy. To his amazement, it is quite delicious. In fact, it is so good that he decides to come back again the next night and order it again. This time, the waiter brings out the plate, but the meaty objects are much smaller.

"What's this?" he asks the waiter.

"The Matador Special, senor," the waiter replies.

"No, no," the man objects, "I had the Matador Special yesterday and it was much bigger than this."

"Senor," the waiter explains, "the bull does not always lose."

Edit : wish if they are going to be merged they at least leave a gap, instead of the 1st line of the 2nd post being attached directly to the last line of the 1st post.

I then have to come and edit and move the 2nd post down a couple of lines to split them up.

Yeahhhhhhh, I may have mentioned this before but I got volunteered into holding a horses head steady whilst a vet castrated a stallion, rather late in its life, no major problem tbh I'm not fazed by blood, but when the vet rather casually thew the first bollock over his shoulder to the dogs, even that wasn't much of a issue, it was the crunchy sound made by the dogs chewing that made me get a bit twitchy  :)

• Haha 3
  • Horror 1