Food in Ellesmere

haggis

Featured Posts

Just in case you're in Ellesmere again,Meze Cypriot restaurant really is fabulous-we're having yet another meal tomorrow.(They won Greek food restaurant of the year in 2021).The Chinese opposite the main car park is good,the Thai is shut at the moment due to a family death in Thailand -we've not tried it as not keen on Thai grub & we haven't tried the Indian as it gets mixed reviews-we've said we'll give it a whirl in the new year.Quite a few other eating places including a pizza takeaway on the Ellesmere hotel car park.*Vermeulens make their own bread,it's not from Chatwins & the butcher next door(Hawkins) make even better pork pies.

Edited by The Bearwood Boster

1 hour ago, haggis said:

We moored just after there a few days ago and the signs said they were closed but I saw lights later at night which might have come from there. Might be open in the evenings 

Or people live there and use lights when it's dark.

1 hour ago, haggis said:

We moored just after there a few days ago and the signs said they were closed but I saw lights later at night which might have come from there. Might be open in the evenings 

It would be a shame if the Willeymoor has closed, it was a lovely friendly family-run pub with good beer and food. But not many customers, as we bemoaned last time I was there (twice in one holiday, once each direction)... 😞

18 hours ago, Richard T said:

Vermuelens deli is exceptional. They have one of the best pork pies on the system in our eyes only bettered by the butcher in Nantwich!! They also have good bread which I think may be supplied by Chatwins of nantwich. Just go and spend some money on nice things there and eat in. Although we didn't try it we were reccomended to buy waffles from the shop across the road from Vermuelens.

How about Stanforth's in Skipton?

IIRC this was from Vermuelen's, and it was delicious -- about 8" across too...

20220601_152845.jpg

Edited by IanD

2 hours ago, haggis said:

Thank you for that. We have booked a meal there tomorrow evening - Hogmanay for those from north of the border 😊

Say "Hi" to them from the boaters who brought Moose (black sprocker spaniel) in last summer, who was immediately BFF with their collie Milly... 🙂