Help ! Macerator loo problem

haggis

Featured Posts

We are in park farm marina and the macerator loo was blocked this morning and despite Iain reversing the pump it didn't clear things. He had spend all.morning taking things to bits and cleaning them but no joy. Does anyone know of anyone who could help us? I think a visit to midland swindlers is on the cards to get a porta potty and a new valve but there is no guarantee that will fix things 

49 minutes ago, haggis said:

We are in park farm marina and the macerator loo was blocked this morning and despite Iain reversing the pump it didn't clear things. He had spend all.morning taking things to bits and cleaning them but no joy. Does anyone know of anyone who could help us? I think a visit to midland swindlers is on the cards to get a porta potty and a new valve but there is no guarantee that will fix things 

Hope he washed his hands after!

I think a cassette toilet is simpler and more reliable.

If you are going to buy one, they are usually much cheaper from camping and caravan shops.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Hope he washed his hands after!

I think a cassette toilet is simpler and more reliable.

If you are going to buy one, they are usually much cheaper from camping and caravan shops.

And even cheaper (Own brand) from Aldi. and delivered to your door in a couple of days (but not jut at the moment !)

Adventuridge Portable Toilet - ALDI UK

For the price you can thrown it away if it broke.

More than happy with ours.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And even cheaper (Own brand) from Aldi. and delivered to your door in a couple of days (but not jut at the moment !)

That is a bit cheaper. 

Last one I bought from a caravan shop was £55. (Thetford Portapotty 165)

3 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

That is a bit cheaper. 

Last one I bought from a caravan shop was £55. (Thetford Portapotty 165)

Thats not a bad price, I thought when I was looking thay were a bit more than that.

Just had a look at our local 'camaper van' accessory shop - prices on 'non branded' seem to be coming down and down ..............

£46.

Portaflush 10 (motorhomeshop.co.uk)

Just been to midland chandler's and bought a porta potty. No doubt it was expensive but in the circumstances it was worth it 😊, Iain got a new bit which he thinks/ hopes will solve the problem. An advantage of still being in the marina and connected to shore power is very hot water for cleaning up. Not quite the Christmas cruise we expected. 😊 Mi

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Don't publicise it!  I've twice recently found dumped portable toilets at Forestry Commision sites.  (And a whole caravan too, but it probably wasn't worth more than a portable toilet.)

56 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

or 2.

I consider three to be a sensible number for two people even though we have needed the third on a very small number of occasions and with an extra body aboard.

Looking at the photo, the cassette looks far smaller than you get with a £80 Porta Potti, so four or five might be better. 

And I very much doubt spare cassettes can be purchased separately, so that would mean buying four of five whole bogs. 

On 23/12/2022 at 14:03, Alan de Enfield said:

Hey that bog is fifty quid now!

I'm sure it was only thirty quid when you first posted the link.

115941695_Screenshot2022-12-24at18_08_21.png.9638f674113a7bff4abdb1b7fe51997d.png