Pump out Toilets

SandyD

Featured Posts

Often it’s the list of the boat, that will give an indication. 
A full tank weighs a lot, and is often fitted to one side of the boat, hence if the boat is ballasted level with an empty tank, the list develops as the tank fills.

Bod 

• Greenie 1

Ours is a drop-through - so I made a graduated stick to measure the contents (also used to dispersethe contents ro aid aeration.

If the OP's  tank is remote - usually under the bed then taping the tank should give an aproxinmation of the height of the contents.....

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A new take on the old game of Poo Sticks! 😀

The lesser known variant where you lift the glass out of the bathroom window, broddle the dump through with a stick, then (after knocking the thick off) launch said stick through the window and into the hedgerow. Furthest into hedge wins, bonus points for ricochet off jogger/cyclist/dog walker?

6 hours ago, OldGoat said:

Ours is a drop-through - so I made a graduated stick to measure the contents (also used to dispersethe contents ro aid aeration.

You dip the stick into the shit and then presumably have to wipe it clean and store the stick somewhere? Blimey, I thought pump out users thought cassettes weren't very pleasant....

• Horror 1

My boat came  with a macerator pump out toilet which includes a "tank full" light on its control panel.

I was worried about what might happen if the bulb failed, so installed an MCS waste tank gauge, which fits through a hole drilled into the top of the waste tank.

https://www.mcsboatproducts.co.uk/our-products/wastewater

The gauge soon paid for itself, as it showed that the "tank full" light came on when the tank was 50% full.