Lifepo4 charger

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Webomender said:

Time to leave this site. Don't know who you think you are but you dont shout at anyone , period... don't reply if it winds you up.. shout!!

It’s standard behaviour for the “old school” on here. Seem to think they can reply to people as they like. I bet they wouldn’t do it to peoples faces! 

• Greenie 1

33 minutes ago, Chris John said:

It’s standard behaviour for the “old school” on here. Seem to think they can reply to people as they like. I bet they wouldn’t do it to peoples faces! 

I would do exactly the same face to face except in that scenario there are more appropriate ways of emphasizing a point. Also, face to face there is ample opportunity to discuss and resolve exactly what is meant. You will note the OP has not done anything to clarify exactly what he meant to say.

If you came on making statement that seem to be untrue and likely to confuse others I would reply in the same way in an attempt to prevent you misleading others.

If you think anything I said is untrue let us see your argument and justification. If you read my reply you will see that I did attempt to justify my comments.

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Greenie 2

10 hours ago, Webomender said:

Time to leave this site. Don't know who you think you are but you dont shout at anyone , period... don't reply if it winds you up.. shout!!

Very little of Tony's post was in capitals, and the bits that were were for emphasis, and rightly so, IMO. They were the most important points he was making, and if these are not taken on board, you, like many others before, will be doomed to annual battery replacement 😟

6 hours ago, Iain_S said:

Very little of Tony's post was in capitals, and the bits that were were for emphasis, and rightly so, IMO. They were the most important points he was making, and if these are not taken on board, you, like many others before, will be doomed to annual battery replacement 😟

From other posts, if the OP still only has a 55 amp alternator I do wonder with his heavy usage if he can recharge them all in a day

15 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

Yes. Another warm welcome to a new member from the old faithfuls.

I would suggest in this case he did get a warm welcome, its not his first posting and no one said anything out of line until the said he was going and people were shouting at him.

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

I would suggest in this case he did get a warm welcome, its not his first posting and no one said anything out of line until the said he was going and people were shouting at him.

Curious isn't it. My perception is the same as yours, all was fine until he had a rant at Tony for "shouting", when it was obvious (to me at least) that Tony used his capitals for emphasis. And yet Alway Swilby sees the opposite, that the bloke was treated badly, retaliated and was perfectly right to storm off in a huff. 

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, MtB said:

Curious isn't it. My perception is the same as yours, all was fine until he had a rant at Tony for "shouting", when it was obvious (to me at least) that Tony used his capitals for emphasis. And yet Alway Swilby sees the opposite, that the bloke was treated badly, retaliated and was perfectly right to storm off in a huff. 

But Tony did shout, he said so himself: "Once again and I am so fed up i will shout - YOU CAN NOT DEDUCE THE STATE OF CHARGE OF A BATTERY UNDER CHARGE BY VOLTAGE. " Now I fully understand that the OP's charging regime might not be suitable for his use but shouting at him is hardly welcoming.

9 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

From other posts, if the OP still only has a 55 amp alternator I do wonder with his heavy usage if he can recharge them all in a day

But TB was shouting at him. See above.

1 hour ago, Alway Swilby said:

But Tony did shout, he said so himself: "Once again and I am so fed up i will shout - YOU CAN NOT DEDUCE THE STATE OF CHARGE OF A BATTERY UNDER CHARGE BY VOLTAGE. " Now I fully understand that the OP's charging regime might not be suitable for his use but shouting at him is hardly welcoming.

You're right. Nobody should have to listen to Tony's advice if it includes capital letters. 

Shame though, as most people thank Tony for thinking carefully about their question and giving endlessly detailed answers. But not the OP who just hands down abuse. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Alway Swilby said:

Exactly where did I say I was shouting at him. I was deliberately shouting to all who may read it, so they understand just how misleading and wrong his statement may well be. It seems that some seem to be a little bit lacking in understanding written text - especially if it does not accord with what they have already decided what the answer should be.

• Greenie 3

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Exactly where did I say I was shouting at him. I was deliberately shouting to all who may read it, so they understand just how misleading and wrong his statement may well be. It seems that some seem to be a little bit lacking in understanding written text - especially if it does not accord with what they have already decided what the answer should be.

Sorry. I misunderstood. It came across to me as shouting at the OP. That's the thing about written text, it's open to mis-interpretation when you don't have the benefit of the nuances of the spoken word. 

9 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

Sorry. I misunderstood. It came across to me as shouting at the OP. That's the thing about written text, it's open to mis-interpretation when you don't have the benefit of the nuances of the spoken word. 

Absolutely, and it is not helped by certain posters seeming to think that if they initiate a thread then the thread is owned by them, rather than realize it is for everyone, many of who may not have joined the forum yet.

In this specific thread there is much ambiguity that really needs resolving because the OP might be correct about fully charging his batteries but from what he posted it seems unlikely. If I am correct in it being unlikely I think it would be far cheaper to solve the charging issue rather than add another battery that will probably rob the domestic LA bank of such charge as he is providing. If it is a charging issue he can look forward to frequent LA battery rebewal I fear.

Well I'm glad we sorted that one out without too much blood being spilled.  

I'd like to move on to a less controversial question.

I'm considering buying a narrowboat to live aboard in central London- right in the centre, mind- where it will be moved as little as possible, and preferably moored on water points as often as possible.

All my millennial youtuber friends are advising me to paint the interior white. 

But I can't decide on the best shade of white.

Any advice welcome. 

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2022 at 12:55, Webomender said:

Who said a few hours work?

21.00to 0700 is not a few hours and both working.

What do you co that requires working 2100 to 0700? I'm genuinely interested as I am a bit of a night owl and it would be good to be able to earn while awake in the night.

As a matter of interest, what time do you turn your Webasto on? Given that you are at 12.2v at 0700, and it is coldest long before that, you could time it so the batteries still have enough voltage to cope?

14 hours ago, Loddon said:

When I get up  in the middle of the night, my boat is always warm thanks to the solid fuel stove I fitted  

It makes no noise unlike a Webasto and has a homely glow about it. ;)

So does my Kabola Old Dutch diesel oil drip stove.

• 10 months later...
On 17/09/2022 at 16:44, Guest said:

Don't take it too personally, there's a few who might sound gruff (to you) on here, but as others have said, some excellent knowhow. And it's just a forum, so, you know, you could act like a duck with water on it... Of course if you don't like it, then, sure, don't stay, but if you can take it all with a pinch of salt, you might find this place a useful resource.

Oh I see I'm a year late to the party. Oh well

Edited by captain flint