Jump to content

£400 energy bill discount


Lugi

Featured Posts

As far as I can tell, it is being paid as a discount off electricity bills, over a period of 6 months, (£66.67 per month). If you dont get an electricity bill, you dont get the payment. It seems that the government cant find a way to give it to those who dont get an electricity bill direcly from a "supplier".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

As far as I can tell, it is being paid as a discount off electricity bills, over a period of 6 months, (£66.67 per month). If you dont get an electricity bill, you dont get the payment. It seems that the government cant find a way to give it to those who dont get an electricity bill direcly from a "supplier".

It's a £400 credit on the October electricity bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

It may go to marina or mooring owners.

 

It won't. It is a discount for domestic users only.

 

Marinas have commercial accounts which are not even subject to the artificial "Price Cap".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SteveLevis said:

..why don't they just reduce the price of electricity instead?....

 

...oops sorry, because Bojo won't get any credit and people can then re-focus on party gate....

And because the suppliers won't carry on making huge profits.

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MtB said:

 

It won't. It is a discount for domestic users only.

 

Marinas have commercial accounts which are not even subject to the artificial "Price Cap".

That's correct.

Our marina electricity doubled in price per kWh in December 2021 but is fixed for three  years . The marina electricity rate is now looking like a reasonable rate.

We may spend more time than usual  on the boat next winter.😁

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do boats with solar panels get the Feed In Tariff payments.

I know houses which are not connected to the grid get it but not the export part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

Do boats with solar panels get the Feed In Tariff payments.

I know houses which are not connected to the grid get it but not the export part.

 

Mostly no, as the FIT is associated with a domestic electricity meter and a domestic electricity supplier account. But no doubt there are a few boats that have this! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MtB said:

 

Mostly no, as the FIT is associated with a domestic electricity meter and a domestic electricity supplier account. But no doubt there are a few boats that have this! 

 

 

So why do houses which are not connected to the grid get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tonka said:

So why do houses which are not connected to the grid get it

 

I think the correct answer to that is "ask your MP of the government". Unless we are lucky enough to have a member who was closely involved with drafting the legislation I don't see how anyone else would know the ins and outs. After all live aboard boaters are only a fraction of 1% of the home dwellers, so it is unlikely that the government even thought about them.

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tonka said:

So why do houses which are not connected to the grid get it

Houses and boats are in no way connected legislation wise. The only time a boat approaches anything like utilising the same laws, is if it has a pukka, permenent residential mooring, registered for council tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

 

They don't.

 

 

Well 2 years ago I was looking into buying a house which had no grid connection so had a diesel generator and solar panels and was surprised to find out that they get FIT payments and looked into it. They do not get the export payment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The feed in tariff (FIT) pays you for the electricity you generate, the export payment pays you for each unit you export to the grid.  You don't need to be connected to the grid to get the FIT payment.

You application for the FIT must have been made before 2019.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul Charlton said:

The feed in tariff (FIT) pays you for the electricity you generate, the export payment pays you for each unit you export to the grid.  You don't need to be connected to the grid to get the FIT payment.

You application for the FIT must have been made before 2019.

Oh well I should have been claiming for years and years never mind 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/05/2022 at 23:37, MartynG said:

That's correct.

Our marina electricity doubled in price per kWh in December 2021 but is fixed for three  years . The marina electricity rate is now looking like a reasonable rate.

We may spend more time than usual  on the boat next winter.😁

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We have got a fair few winter breaks scheduled in with the van for this year. It will be cheaper to go out in that then to stay at home :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have got a fair few winter breaks scheduled in with the van for this year. It will be cheaper to go out in that then to stay at home :lol:

 

People will certainly be looking at ways to cut down on  home energy consumption which will do the planet  no harm.

 

 

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have got a fair few winter breaks scheduled in with the van for this year. It will be cheaper to go out in that then to stay at home :lol:

Jayne says she will be more at the boat than at home! Solar and LifePo4s were definitely the right way to go! Also looking at the oil price which is once again on the rise the electric car and boat were the right way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Jayne says she will be more at the boat than at home! Solar and LifePo4s were definitely the right way to go! Also looking at the oil price which is once again on the rise the electric car and boat were the right way to go.

We are seriously looking at solar panels and battery storage for the house. We have had quotes of around £6k for 16kW solar array, batteries and inverter fully installed. Which granted is a lot of money but with the way energy prices are going it really wouldn't take that long to pay itself back.

 

We have an ideal south facing roof for it as well. 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

 

People will certainly be looking at ways to cut down on  home energy consumption which will do the planet  no harm.

 

 

 

Fortunately we have a large amount of firewood - which came free - stored in the garage and the shed. We didn't burn much of it last winter, as the weather was milder than average, so there's plenty left for next winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

Fortunately we have a large amount of firewood - which came free - stored in the garage and the shed. We didn't burn much of it last winter, as the weather was milder than average, so there's plenty left for next winter.

I have just been given ton's of wood plus the two trees next to me have died! One is a big cherry tree and the other I have no idea, all this flooding must have deposited something or their roots have gotten into something? At one point all sorts of stuff was transported on this waterway and spilled 😩

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.